Chapter 47

ThE sEcReT . . .

Tonight has come. The night that she always wanted to attend and now she is included too. But, her heart is not that excited. Maybe because she now realizes that this party is not like other parties but actually a war field among the vampire.

Aunty Mimi is helping Yura to dress up for the party. Kris is not around her again this time as he has a meeting with the Wolf team regards to tonight party.

Kris enters to Yura’s room after Aunty Mimi left. Kris stood a few seconds when he looks at Yura but he tried to control his heartbeat.

“Are you nervous?” Kris asks to Yura.

“Weirdly, I’m not but my heart feels uneasy about tonight party.” Yura replied.

“It’s because tonight is your first appearance to your people.” Kris tries to convince Yura to calm her heart.

“Yeah…hm, so how do I look? Aunty Mimi said my mom wore this during her wedding and ritual.”

“You look…beautiful.” Honestly, at this time he feels like want to kiss this woman in front of him but he tries very hard to restraints himself.

“Thank you.” Yura said softly while looking straight to Kris eyes. They both stand quietly for a while without a word.

Kris then moves a step behind as he afraid that Yura will notice his uncontrollable heartbeat at this moment.

“Hm, I will check if Woo Bin is here now.” Kris said to Yura as he is trying to avoid an eye contact with Yura.

“I thought you have an ability that can hear something far which I believe that you will hear if my brother is here or not. And, I also thought that you will never leave my side even for a second.” Yura said and makes Kris stops his steps before turns to Yura.

“I…” Kris is speechless.

“You are avoiding me.” Yura said while taking a step closer to Kris.

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. Why? Starts to feel regret to become my shadow guard?”

“No, of course I’m not.”

“So, why are you avoiding me?”

Kris looks at Yura and after a few second then he replied,

“It’s because I love you so much that I think my heart is going to explode every time I look at you. I cannot even control my heartbeat. I know this is wrong so…” Kris is not able to finish his word. He then take a deep breath and look at Yura.

“You know what is in my mind right now?” Yura asks Kris. They are just a few inch away to each other.

 

***

“What were you thinking?” Kris let out his anger when Yura now awake from her unconscious.

“I think we are late to the party.” Yura said to Kris before heading to the door.

“I almost call Woo Bin if you are not wakes up in another minute.”

“But you didn’t.” Yura stops her step and turn to Kris.

“You think I can stand by seeing you in pain and fall unconscious for few minutes…just for a kiss? Do you know how much I’ve restraint myself from kissing you because I couldn’t see you in pain? Don’t you understand?”

“I’m not you, Kris. I cannot restraint myself. The pain is on me so I don’t mind to be in pain if that what make you concern.”

“Why you kiss me, actually? Is it because I confess that I love you?”

“Do you think that vampire doesn’t have feelings like werewolf do? I’m also has feelings, Kris.”

“I know. But you and me…we can’t be together. You know that fact.”

“I know. So, that was the last kiss between us. I don’t know what will happen tonight and after tonight… I might have died and you might have sacrifices yourself for me. So, I don’t want to have any regret later on. That few minutes’ pain…is nothing.” Yura let out what she feels and Kris loss of words. In fact, he himself feels miserable.

At that time, Woo Bin appears at the door.

“Are you ready?” Woo Bin asks.

“Yes, oppa. I’m ready.” Woo Bin holds Yura hands and smile at her.

"Let's go."

"Oppa, I want you to know that I love you." Yura said and Woo Bin kiss her in forehead like he always do.

"I loves you more..."