Chapter 31

ThE sEcReT . . .

Kris returns to his house after the practice. He needs to let his shoulder heal as fast as it can so that he can go back to mansion and do his duty to protect Yura.

“What are you…doing here?” Kris shocked when he sees Yura standing in front of his house. She seems waiting for him.

“I have something to ask you…so I ask Aki and Ari to bring me here.”

Kris looks at Aki and Ari whose standing behind Yura.

“Don’t you know that it is dangerous to bring her out from Mansion?” Kris said to both Aki and Ari. They just look down.

“I’m the one who ask them to bring me here. If you are angry at me, then you have to say it directly to me.”

“After what had happened the other day, you should be more cautious with your surroundings. You cannot just simply walk around…”

“Don’t you know that I have a bodyguard that always with me all the time?”

“I know. But, I think for now you should stay in the mansion.”

“Well, for your information…I don’t really care about my own safety anymore.”

“What are you talking…?”

“In order to protect me, I have to keep you and the others in danger…I don’t think I would be agree with that. I would rather die than lose people that I love.”

“Yah, why are you so selfish?” Kris seems to lose control of his anger when heard that confession from Yura.

“Before you confessed that kind of selfish word, you should have think deeper, Yura-shi. Don’t you realize how much your parents love you? Even though they know they have to pay with their life in order to have you. Do you know how much Woo Bin has to sacrifice in order to keep you safe? What? You don’t care about your life? So, do you want to tell me that our sacrifices are all meaningless?”

“That’s not what I mean…” Yura a bit startle with that sudden anger from Kris.

“You have to look at your brother’s face closer every time when you are in danger. He is not tough as you think. I believe that he is willing to sacrifice his life as an exchange with your life.”

“I rather sacrifice my life than I lose all people that I love.”

“Unfortunately, you cannot save everyone. You have to make your choice, Yura-shi. It’s your fate. It’s your brother fate and everyone has their own fate. No matter how you tried to change it, but unfortunately nothing you can do.”

“Why I cannot change others’ fate? I just have to push you away, push others away from me so that all of you can stay alive.”

“Do you think we all will happy if we let you stay alone?”

“Then, do you think I will be happy to see each one of you get hurt because of me? Don’t you even take a glance what is my feeling?”

Kris is speechless. He looks at Yura’s face with guilty.

“Answer me, Kris? Do you think I’m happy right now? Am I looks happy to you?”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s easy to say sorry. But unfortunately, the word ‘sorry’ itself cannot heal my wound, Kris.”

Yura then run away back into the woods and followed by Aki and Ari from her behind. He sighs and feels a bit guilty to act that way towards Yura even though he knew that she is also in gloom.

‘Do you think this wound matter to me? Do you think I’m scare to die? Nothing is matter to me except for your own safety.’ Kris said in his heart while staring at Yura’s back till she is disappear from his eyes.