004

The Game Changer

 

The black Rolls Royce pulled over in front of the prestigious academy, the chauffeur slid down from the car and opened the door. Kris went down and helped Jilliane off the car.

Ready?

It was her second day in school.

Jilliane just shrugged at him, her eyes blank, Kris smiled.

“I’ll pick you up at later then lunch with me and Uncle Tao?”

Can you not leave me here?

“Jill, your hatred for other kids trying to talk to you is starting to bother me.” He teased back, Jilliane grinned at him, Kris kissed her cheek before gesturing for her to run along.

“See you later, Mister Wu!” She cackled before entering the doors. Kris’s driver even smiled at the girl’s boldness.

It has been a while since he saw his boss. He stopped going out and socializing ever since Songhee left, now seeing him with Jilliane was refreshing.

 

Lay was in his office, his tapped his fingers as he read through the documents, he heard a soft knock then he looked up.

“Sir?” His secretary stepped in his office, he sat up.

“Is something wrong?”

“Not really, sir. But the stockholders’ meeting is starting in thirty minutes and..” He trailed off.

“And?” Lay closed his laptop.

“It’s Miss Gu Li.”

Now Lay focused on his secretary.

“What about her?”

“We discovered that hours ago she purchased a plane ticket straight to here, sir.”

Lay sighed and rubbed his temples.

 

 

“Hyung,” Tao greeted as Kris and Jilliane entered his private airplane hangar, where his LearJet85 and Cessna were parked.

Jill immediately smiled at her uncle and jumped in his arms, Tao chuckled and twirled her around.

“How was school?” Tao asked her in Mandarin.

“Not bad, at least nobody asked me if my hair is a wig.” She said flatly, Tao looked at Kris.

Due to Jilliane’s father being an American, she had mixed Caucasian and Asian features, and some kids like to poke fun at her differences.

How is Yixing doing?

Tao put Jilliane down and had one of his staff show her around the place.

“You know him, ge. He wont even go against his parents on this wedding.” Tao said carefully, Kris nodded.

“But have you met her?”

Tao nodded.

“Guess what.”

Kris glanced at him.

“Luhan ge hates her, Xiumin ge thinks her teeth are…fake and Chen hyung, doesn’t like her existence for no reason.”

“Impressive.” Kris nodded.

“Do you think…we should help Yixing ge?” Tao asked, Kris looked at Jilliane she was climbing the steel steps to enter the LearJet.

“If he asks for it we should, but..this is a family matter, Tao, only family can intervene.”

 

 

“Any news?” Lay asked as he stepped out of the elevator, his secretaries trailed behind him.

“Nothing yet, sir.”

Lay nodded, his brows furrowed.

“Should we try calling her again?”

“He wont answer anyway,” Lay closed the buttons of his coat, his other secretary pushed the door open.

“But try to call her housemate, ask him if he has any idea why she suddenly left.” Lay nodded before entering the meeting hall.

“I sense trouble.” His other secretary faced his colleague.

“When young miss comes back, I bet the engagement will crumble.”

 

Gu Li turned heads as she went pass through immigration, she was dressed in a white leather tube top and a high waisted skirt that hugged her curves nicely and her Valentino pumps made pleasant tick tacking sounds on the shiny floor. Her black long coat was draped around her shoulders and she walked. Her face was framed with Prada sunglasses, as soon as she stepped out of the building, she smiled.

“Why, hello Seoul.” She mused before walking to one of the cabs.

“Where to miss?”

Gu Li put her Hermes down birkin down along with her medium sized Louis Vuitton carry all.

“To Gangnam, ahjussi.”

She pulled out her phone and saw the numerous missed calls.

 

 

Zhang Yixing, you dare keep this from me.” She said as she crossed her leg over the other.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++