027

The Game Changer

 

 

 

 

 

“So tell me, why were you hiding in the changing room?” Sehun sighed, they stepped out of the marble halls of the villa and walked towards where the other guests were, he was already dressed in gear for the polo match, Gu Li was the one holding onto his helmet.

Gu Li didn’t reply she just wrapped one arm around his waist as they walked, Sehun didn’t badger her to talk.

“Well, this is my stop.” He spoke as they stopped before the horses, the stable boy was waiting for Sehun with his gear.

Gu Li nodded and padded towards the white tents.

 

Gu Li crossed her legs as the game started, Mark was speaking with his cousin, and Kyungsoo bailed out on them, he had a meeting with his publisher. She felt weird, earlier why was she so annoyed?

“You got used to the fact that he always sought you out?”

She glanced up, Mark handed her a glass of orange juice.

“What are you babbling about?”

Mark just smiled before sitting beside her, he just wrapped his arms around her and pouted.

“I feel like you’re not going to be our baby girl anymore.”

“You’re this close to getting orange juice on your suit.” She said darkly, Mark chuckled and just continued to lean on her.

“Whatever’s eating you inside, please don’t be an ice princess.”

“What~”

 

 

“Those two..have they always been close?” Xiumin asked as he jutted his lips towards Mark and Gu Li, Kris looked away.

Luhan grinned at the other male’s discomfort.

“Yes, hyung. Gu Li was never conscious about being with them, especially Mark, those two are polar opposites, that’s why they get along well.” Lay nodded carelessly.

“But he’s all over her.” Tao blinked.

“They’re best friends, nothing more, nothing less.” Lay chuckled, Luhan nudged Chen and they both looked at Kris who was fiddling with his half filled wine glass. Then Gu Li stood up, Mark was seen talking on his phone as he walked towards the buffet table.

She stopped behind Tao’s chair and put her palms on his shoulders.

“Sehun’s playing, ge.” She spoke to Lay.

“I’m surprised he’s even here.”

She chuckled and sat between Kris and Tao.

Hi, unnie!” Jilliane beamed at her.

Hello, honey. I hope you’re not afraid of horses.

Why?

I’m thinking of giving you free riding lessons.” She mused.

Really? Really?...Can I, daddy?” She tugged on Kris’s sleeve.

Kris nodded hesitantly, his eyes meet Gu Li’s, she just playfully shrugged at him.

 

 

Kris was with Luhan as they walked to the buffet table to get some food.

The people behind them were talking about Gu Li.

“Did you see her? Who does she think she is?”

“She didn’t even follow the dress code! What a disgrace!”

Luhan blinked.

“There’s a dress code?” He asked in Mandarin.

“I don’t think so.” Kris replied evenly.

“Just because she’s a Zhang, she thinks she has it all? I bet she has slept with her cousin’s friends!”

Kris’s fingers curled around the serving fork tightly, he put the utensil down and moved along.

“Did she even finish school?” The three women cackled.

“I did.” A feminine voice joined, Luhan and Kris turned, Gu Li was behind them.

“Gu Li-ssi~”

“I don’t think there’s a dress code. The owner never told me.”

“Owner?” One of the girls asked.

“I came with the owner, Oh Sehun. He’s currently one of the players at the match. Oh you know, the polo match? The main reason why this event is happening? This isn’t  a husband hunting match.” Gu Li said, her tone flat.

“Look here, miss~”

“There’s nothing to look at.” Gu Li nodded, she picked up one of the cupcakes from the table and left.

 

 

 

“Zhang Gu Li, slayyyy.” Mark bumped fists with Gu Li, she just smiled while patting out Jill’s hair.

“I don’t think you should be encouraging her.” Lay scratched the back of his head, soon Luhan and Kris came back to the table.

Gu Li was about to take a bite of the cupcake when Kris’s fingers wrapped around her wrist to stop her.

Peanuts. That has peanuts.

The table turned quiet, Gu Li nodded, Kris let go of her.

“Well, that was a near visit to the ER…again.” Mark nodded, Luhan smiled to himself.

Then they heard some one gasping.

“The horse!”

“He collapsed!”

Gu Li immediately stood up and looked at the match. One of the horses had collapsed, the poor animal was panting as it lay on the grass. Gu Li put her phone down and immediately ran to the grounds.

“Why…is she going there?” Chen paused.

“Is that her horse?” Xiumin asked, Mark and Lay shook his head.

 

 

“Gu Li’s a doctor, she’s a veterinarian.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++