031

The Game Changer

 

 

“Mei!” Lay smiled as Gu Li walked to them, Kris was walking behind her, the expression on his face, unfathomable.

“Oh, hi.” Gu Li just let Kris hug her, Lay’s brows rose.

Kris excused himself before walking towards Jilliane who was waving for him.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Gu Li said discreetly.

“Shenme?”

Gu Li pulled her cousin away from Chaerin and his friends.

“About that friend you lost, it wasn’t about Wanru jie, huh?”

Lay halted.

“How could you not to tell me, ge? And there I was carelessly pointing to that photo of her, I even tried to remember if I met her!” She sighed as she mumbled in Mandarin.

“You saw a photo of Songhee?”

Gu Li nodded, annoyed.

“I’ve never felt more embarrassed, I want to go home.” She whined, Lay didn’t know what to say.

“Wait..Kris talked to you about Songhee?”

“Why did you think we took so long?” She shot back, Lay balked.

Kris never talked about Songhee to anyone, not even Jilliane or his parents. Before he could speak again, Gu Li was already making her way to where Tao was sitting.

 

 

Kris couldn’t take his eyes off her.

He didn’t know why he talked about Songhee with Gu Li, it took a lot of effort on his side, but he wanted her to know.

She was your fiancé?

Yes.

Wait…was?

He swallowed, he wasn’t sure if he could talk about Songhee, but the sincere look on Gu Li’s face made him want to tell her.

“She discovered she was sick….and it was too late.”

Gu Li turned quiet, Kris saw her wince.

“I—I’m sorry, I didn’t know, and I talked too lightly about her, Kris, I~”

Kris shook his head at her.

“It’s fine, I just..assumed you knew about Songhee. I thought Lay mentioned it.”

Gu Li shook her head.

“He didn’t.”

Kris just offered his arm to her as they walked back to the front doors, Gu Li smiled and took it.

“But, thanks for telling me, mister Wu.”

“Thanks for listening.” Kris nodded, he squeezed her hand briefly before looking ahead.

He glanced over at Jill, she was smiling for the camera as Xiumin took photos off her.

He bit his lip, maybe Luhan was right.

Maybe it was time.

 

Gu Li nodded mockingly as Chaerin spoke with Lay, then she noticed how her cousin’s fiancé was dressed. She was clad in a crop top that bared her arms and a matching tight skirt.

She almost choked on her juice as realization hit her.

“I really should just change my whole wardrobe.” She murmured.

Good idea.” Kris sat beside her, her lips quirked up.

“Wow, thanks.” She deadpanned, Kris chuckled, her brows rose.

“I think I did express my feelings about a certain dress when you almost collapsed in my arms….again.”

“Really? Well, I’m sorry, president Wu.” She rolled her eyes, Kris nodded with a smile.

“You seem pleasant with Chaerin this afternoon.”

“I’m just enduring it, Kris.

“So, are we going to let go of the “gege” now?” Kris leaned forward.

“So, you actually know how to keep a conversation going, Mister Ice Prince.”

Kris blinked, Gu Li smiled.

“I overheard people talking about you when we just met. Anyway, you carry an English name, it’s awkward if~”

“Then leave it out then.” Kris nodded.

“Does this entitle me to patbingsu?” Gu Li asked again.

“For what?”

“I listened to you and now you showed me this skill of yours, keeping a conversation going.” Gu Li nodded, her eyes teasing.

 

Then patbingsu it is, miss Zhang.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++