025

The Game Changer

 

 

Luhan quickly walked to the bed when he heard Gu Li groan, he took a glass of water from the side table.

“Mei?”

Gu Li was disoriented, her eyes went to Luhan’s face.

“..Gege?...Where am I?” She sputtered, she managed to sit up with Luhan’s help. She found Chen and Tao sitting on the edge of her bed, both where frowning, she blinked in confusion.

“Kris ge insisted.” Chen explained, Gu Li looked around the room, she was at a hospital.

“Lay?” She asked.

“He went down to take care of the papers needed, how are you feeling?” Luhan tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“I’m fine, I~”

The doors opened, Kyungsoo appeared dragging Mark and Sehun with him.

“Look at her! Look, you two idiots.” He snapped, Luhan’s brows rose in amusement.

“She’s fine, a little shaken, but~” Mark winced as DO sent him a cold look. Sehun grunted.

 

Sehun walked to her, he checked her face, elbows and legs.

“You seem fine.” Sehun murmured before plopping beside her.

“Uhmm, we don’t see Lay hyung.” Mark faced Luhan.

“Ah, he’s downstairs~”

“But why are you admitted? You’re okay.” DO pressed, he picked up the bottle of pills from the side table and tossed it at Gu Li. She shrugged while rubbing her temples.

“Uhm, I think we need to let her go back to sleep.” Tao eyed Sehun as he spoke, the latter narrowed his eyes at him and wrapped his arms around Gu Li’s head instead.

“She’s my baby girl, not yours.” Sehun stated flatly, Tao made a face at him.

“Oh Sehun,” Gu Li groaned, Sehun chuckled and stood up.

“We have that event tomorrow. I don’t care if you’re still not feeling well today, you will be all better tomorrow.” Sehun stated, Gu Li didn’t reply, he picked up his coat before poking her cheek, then he left.

“But…why am I here? I’m okay after I take my pills.” Gu Li wondered, Tao and Luhan looked away, Mark’s brows rose up.

Kyungsoo just sat beside Gu Li, not listening.

“Kris ge insisted you get admitted,” Chen said again, her brows rose up. She could remember Kris talking to her, at one point he got annoyed with her.

“But I’m fine.” Gu Li muttered quietly.

“He gets worried about stuff easily, just let it go, mei.” Luhan nodded.

 

“Hello?” Chaerin picked up, it was her brother.

“Now we know.”

“What?”

“Her weakness, you asked to check on her right?”

“Yes, oppa, what is it?”

“She has a certain trauma, and I think we can use this against her.”

Chaerin laughed, she was at a salon, getting her hair done.

“What is it?”

“Violence, that arrogant woman faints and loses her ability to breath even just at the sight of two people fighting.”

“Really?....Good.”

 

 

Kris sat down on one of the plastic chairs near the nurses’ station. His thoughts were bothering him.

Everything bothered him.

“What is it?” Xiumin sat a seat a part from him.

“Is this because of being here?” Xiumin knew the hospital made Kris uncomfortable, ever since Songhee’s sickness was discovered, she stayed in the hospital for weeks before she died.

“I…don’t know.” Kris replied as he leaned back on the seat.

“Luhan…told me..about you and Gu Li..well he’s been assuming and all.”

Kris didn’t reply, Xiumin buried his hands in the pockets of his grey coat.

“She makes you nervous, huh?” Xiumin spoke, he wasn’t looking at his friend.

“..Does this make me a bad person?” Kris asked.

“No.” He answered simply.

“She’s..so unpredictable, brazen, sometimes a little misbehaved and~”

“She’s the exact opposite of your ideal type.” Xiumin finished, Kris closed his mouth.

“I..shouldn’t be falling her, Minseok.”

“Why not?”

“Songhee~”

“Don’t…use her for your denial. You want Gu Li, you like her.” Xiumin faced him.

“I just don’t understand why you’re holding back, you’ll never know some man might appear and just~”

“I have a niece living with me, I already adopted her, do you think~”

“Kris, please, stop.” Xiumin shook his head.

“Those things don’t matter. Talk later, move now.” Xiumin smirked at him before standing up.

 

 

“Make sure to remind Lay what her room number is, we cant have him barging in on another patient for the third time.” Xiumin hollered before walking to the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++