019

The Game Changer

Party music was playing in the background as Mark and Sehun manned the grill, Gu Li was sitting on the lounge chair, clad in a black muscle shirt and her bikini bottoms.

“Kyungsoo’s going to be a little late, he’s at a meeting.” Mark said, Gu Li nodded.

“This smells great,” Gu Li walked over to them and leaned over Mark’s shoulder, her eyes were on the meat. Sehun snorted.

“Mei? Luhan ge and Xiumin ge are here!” Lay called from the veranda, Gu Li nodded and jogged to the house.

“It’s surprising,” Sehun said.

“What is?” Mark asked.

Sehun flipped the steaks with a smile.

“She actually gets along with others,”

“Except for the fiancé.” Mark pointed out.

“That would be similar to asking for a miracle.”

 

 

Hi ge! Gu Li greeted, Chen was already in the living room, chatting with Lay. Luhan pinched her cheek as he stepped in the house.

“Are you cooking?” Xiumin asked her.

“Ani,” Gu Li looped her arm around his.

“We’re having steak, burgers and everything unhealthy tonight,” She mused, Xiumin smiled.

Li? Come here!” Mark hollered from the garden.

“See you later,” Gu Li nodded at Xiumin before running back to her friends.

“..Yixing, that time when you said they were complete, what did you mean?” Luhan glanced at the three at the garden.

“Mei mei, she..grew up with them, Do Kyungsoo, Oh Sehun and Mark Tuan, you know about those three guys right?” Lay winced.

“…The novel author, also heir to the Do Architecture Firm, the only son of Tuan Motors and Oh Industries newly appointed CEO.” Chen nodded.

“When they’re all here, it means that…it’s not going to be peaceful.” Lay nodded, Xiumin chuckled.

“What are you guys talking about?” Kris appeared with Jilliane in tow.

Oh, hi, sweetie.” Gu Li was carrying some plates filled with potatoes as she stepped in the house, Mark was behind her, trying to poke her arm with a chopstick.

Hi, unnie!

Gu Li grinned back before glaring at Mark, Kris’s brows rose.

“Mei, I think it’s time to~” Lay got cut off when they heard the dogs barking.

“When did you get another dog?” Chen asked.

“I didn’t, they’re Gu Li’s.” Lay replied.

“Let me guess, a Chihuahua? Shi tzu?” Luhan looked up.

Lay wanted to laugh, then Jilliane suddenly jumped on the couch and stared at the two Rottweilers who had entered the living room.

Theo, Tyke, sit.” Gu Li hollered from the kitchen, the two sat in unison.

Kris blinked and sat beside Jilliane, Luhan balked.

“Chihuahua, huh?” Chen mused.

 

Are…they your pets, unnie?” Jilliane asked, Mark glanced at the child and smiled. Gu Li put down the plates on the table.

Yes, don’t worry, they’re real nice.” Gu Li waved at Tyke to come over.

“­Tyke is the youngest, both him and Theo are two years old.” Gu Li leaned down to scratch the dog’s ears, Jill slowly reached to pet the dog.

See? He’s fine.” Gu Li pinched Jill’s cheek before walking back to Mark and Sehun at the grill.

 

Sehun looked up as Jilliane joined them by the grill.

Don’t come too near, Jill, it’s very hot.” Gu Li nodded, Mark glanced up as Kris walked to them.

“How was the patbingsu?” Gu Li looked up, there was humor in her eyes, Kris smiled.

“It was good, thanks.”

“We had a deal, ge. Anyway, your company is involved~” Gu Li halted when Sehun picked up a piece of French fry and shoved it in .

“Can we not talk about work? It’s Saturday night,” Sehun reminded in a friendly tone, Gu Li rolled her eyes, Kris nodded.

“He’s right.”

“You don’t really have to support him, young master Wu.”

 

 

“How long has it been?” Xiumin asked, Tao plopped beside him.

“I know, I’m just thirty minutes later, hey!” Tao complained when Chen hit the back of his head.

“He’s not asking about you, but Kris ge,” Chen jutted his lips towards the garden, Kris was chatting amiably with Gu Li and her friends.

“What do you mean, hyung?” Tao asked, Luhan leaned back on his seat and nodded to himself.

“Since he began to talk like that again? Openly, and…not measuring his words?” Xiumin nodded. Luhan and Chen just grinned at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun and Mark walked to the house in search for plates, Gu Li poked the raw meat on the grill, then she looked up as Chaerin appeared in the living room.

Kris looked at her.

“Why does she always materialize?” She muttered to herself.

“Still hating on her?” Kris sat on the lounge chair near her.

“How can I like her at the same time while trying to get rid of her?” She replied hotly, Kris smiled.

“Shall we move on to the next topic?” Kris asked.

“That sounds better.”

“So, how about Singapore’s thriving econo~”

Oh my god, somebody please talk to this old man,” Gu Li sighed, Kris laughed.

I was just joking, but~” Kris paused when Gu Li grabbed a pair of chopsticks, she picked up a piece of meat and gestured for Kris to open his mouth.

“Tell me if it tastes okay.”

The smile on Kris’s face disappeared.

“Ya, tell me, does it taste okay?”

“I’m sure it does, Songhee.”

“Just taste it first!”

He stood up abruptly and walked to the house.

 

Gu Li just blinked at him and popped the piece of meat in .

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++