013

The Game Changer

 

 

 

 

“Li, you’re CEO now.” Sehun sighed as Gu Li strode in Mark’s living room wearing one of Mark’s shirts and a pair of shorts while chewing on dried mangoes.

“Wae? Does it sound that bad?”

“Plotting against your cousin’s fiancé? Kind of.” Mark nodded.

“Kind of?” DO winced.

“You should just go for it. If it makes you sleep better at night.” Sehun nodded while taking a sip from his beer

If Mark was the ride or die buddy, Sehun was her die or die buddy.

“Right, my duties starts tomorrow.”

Work .” Mark chuckled, Gu Li sent him a look.

“But, what’s with that guy?”

“What guy?” Sehun leaned forward.

“Ah, Kris ge. He’s a friend of Lay~”

“Wu? Kris Wu?” Mark asked.

Gu Li nodded.

“Ah, the famous Wu heir, well once again, you made the right friends, young miss.” DO chuckled.

“….What?”

“The Wu Empire, they own tons of business around the world, they come from really old money, I almost forgot he and Lay hyung are good friends.” Sehun nodded.

“I don’t care about social standing, I just need Chaerin and her linoleum loving self out of my sight.”

“I smell trouble.” Mark nodded, Sehun just grinned.

“Where’s my eject button?” DO murmured to himself.

 

 

“Mei,”

Gu Li looked up as her cousin joined her in the dining room for breakfast.

“Since I’m going to be working too, I hired someone to cook for us. I don’t have time to wait for you to whip something up.” She stated as she put her toast down and picked up her coffee.

Lay winced.

“I know what happened~”

“I have two meetings this morning, I need to go.” Gu Li stood up from her seat and padded to the stairs.

Lay scratched the back of his head.

 

 

The board of directors of Zhang Empire’s Gangnam office were waiting outside the company’s building entrance for their new CEO to arrive.

People were chatting about her, rumors had started to spread about how young she was and how she was different.

Then a white BMW convertible pulled over.

“…Chairman,” One of the directors stepped forward, most were confused. She was driving herself to work with the car’s roof down. Most of the CEOs would have their drivers with them most of the time. Then time seem to stop when she got down from the car, she was wearing a colored long sleeved crop top and high waisted skirt ensemble with a pair of Valentino heels, she took off her sunglasses and smiled at the director.

“I don’t like having a driver, but, good morning, director.” She greeted politely, the older male paused but smiled back.

“Please….introduce me to the others.”

 

 

Gu Li heaved a sigh as she entered her office, finally after an hour of introductions, she was alone.  She walked over to her table and picked up the newspaper. She szaw her face on the gossip column, she rolled her eyes as she read it.

People were tagging her clothes, shoes and choice of purses.

“CEO, my .” She muttered to herself.

“What’s this? The new CEO is cursing this early.” Sehun walked in the room, Gu Li’s secretary was tailing after him, she looked apologetic.

“It’s okay, he’s my friend.” She dismissed the lady, Sehun cocked his head at her.

“I was expecting them to talk about me, but something about me being new CEO, but they’re pointing out what brands I wear.” She shrugged as she chucked the newspaper in the trash can.

“What do you expect, you dress like you’re still in Florida.” Sehun said flatly.

“I don’t have time to change my wardrobe.” She shot back as she sat down.

Sehun grinned and plopped on the couch.

“Is it going to be like this everyday?” Gu Li faced the floor length windows, Sehun glanced up.

“Li,”

“Ani, I…just..being back..It’s uncomfortable, I don’t like it.” Gu Li sighed, Sehun stood up and walked to her.

“Why do you think I showed up here even though I hated society?” He chided as he leaned down to meet her gaze.

“I know you’re anxious, but relax. They’ll only judge you because they want be you, young miss Zhang.”

“Well, aren’t you such a sweetiepie, Oh Sehun.”

“Cut it out before I take my words back.” Sehun replied before flicking her forehead.

 

 

Kris stepped out of Chen’s penthouse, since he was going away for a business trip he needed to leave Jill under someone’s care. He didn’t like leaving the child alone at the huge house he lived in, even though he was sure that their family butler would be able to take care of her, but the idea of Jilliane being alone again bothered him.

He arrived at the lobby then his phone started to ring.

Jill?

Daddy,

His lips quirked up, there were times when Jill would call him daddy or uncle, but whenever she said daddy it would always amaze him.

Yes, what is it?

Uncle Chen told me you left your briefcase~

Kris paused, that was why he felt like he left something.

Right, I’ll go back up.” Kris smiled before putting his phone back in his coat pocket. He walked to the elevator.

Why do we need Kyungsoo?

Kris glanced behind him, Gu Li and her friend were walking towards him.

“If we need to change your wardrobe, we need someone who isn’t biased, Mark hyung is.” Sehun had replied, Gu Li rolled her eyes, then she halted as she saw Kris.

“Oh, hi, Kris.” She smiled at him.

Kris nodded back at her, his eyes went to Sehun.

“Oh, good morning, Mister Wu.” Chaerin’s brother appeared before them.

 

“Good morning.” Kris replied uncomfortably, his eyes travelled to Sehun and Gu Li. The elevator doors finally opened, he gestured for Gu Li to step in first.

“Oh, I see you two again.” Dongmin taunted.

“Unless you don’t have eyes, of course you can see us.” Sehun nodded, Dongmin’s eyes narrowed.

Kris winced, was he facing a male version of Gu Li?

“Don’t get too arrogant with me, Oh Sehun.”

“Wow, you know my name, and I don’t know yours.” Sehun whistled lowly, Gu Li chuckled. Dongmin hissed then he pressed the open button, the elevator halted and the doors opened.

“Get out of my elevator, I live here, obviously you don’t.” Dongmin snapped.

Kris saw Gu Li smirk as she glanced at him.

Sehun glanced at the open doors, then he faced the man.

“Get out of my elevator.” Dongmin stated again.

“Get out of my building first.” Sehun replied.

“What~”

“This complex is owned by Oh Industries, a subsidiary company to Oh Construction.” Gu Li said while checking her nails.

Kris looked at Dongmin.

“So, should I have this elevator uninstalled with you inside or you get out?” Sehun asked, Dongmin was at a loss for words.

“I guess this is goodbye,” Gu Li said as she pressed her forefinger on Dongmin’s chest and pushed him out.

The doors closed again, Sehun chuckled and bumped fists with Gu Li.

Kris just blinked at the two. The elevator bell binged and the doors open again.

“Then, see you around again, ge.” She patted Kris’s shoulder before stepping out with Sehun.

 

Kris just nodded, not knowing what to think of Gu Li and the male version of her.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++