024

The Game Changer

 

“A polo match?” Mark sighed, Gu Li was seated across him, the two were having coffee while waiting for Sehun. It was a free Saturday night for them and they decided to roam around.

“Don’t even think about not going.” Gu Li threatened, then Sehun walked in the café.

“If you’re going to mention about that damned sport, don’t. I got yelled at because of that.”

“They’re making you play?” Mark mused, Gu Li grinned.

“Hey, kid, didn’t you use to ride? You went to classes.” Sehun looked at her, he ignored Mark as the older male chuckled.

“I did, but I’m not helping you with this one, and~”

Sehun waved her off and he picked up a gossip magazine on the table and flipped the pages open.

Oooooh.” Mark sat up and looked at the article, Gu Li followed his gaze.

“It’s about you and Kris Wu.” Sehun started, his left brow going up.

“Ah, that day.” Gu Li nodded, there were photos of her and Kris at Jill’s school and when they were getting ice cream.

That day?” Mark looked at her, Gu Li winced.

“We..just happened to have bumped into each other.” She nodded as she picked up her latte.

“Oh really.” Sehun said dryly, he looked at the male across him; Mark was smiling meaningfully before grabbing his phone from his pocket.

 

Kris sighed for the nth time as the waiter served their drinks, he was with his friends at one of the clubs in Gangnam.

“Hyung, loosen up!” Chen waved at the older male, Kris exhaled, gathering all the patience he had left.

He was supposed to be spending a peaceful Saturday night when his friends had barged into the Wu estate and dragged him here, he grew jealous of his daughter who was watching Disney movies in the comfort of their living room. Kris picked up a drink just to stop Chen from badgering him, he glanced beside him, Lay was quiet as he looked at the dance floor.

His brows went up.

“Yixing,” He cleared his throat.

Lay looked at him questioningly, luckily they were inside a VVIP room with glass walls, they could see the people without hearing the noise.

“The other night…what happened to Gu Li? Is..she sick?” Kris asked, Lay’s brows rose up.

“She…can’t..stand violence, ge.”

“Violence?”

“That time..Mark was watching a movie right? The scene, the male actors were fighting and brawling, Gu Li..she loses her ability to breathe when she witnesses or even just sees things like that.”

Kris remained silent but he nodded.

 

 

Oh hell no.” Gu Li muttered as she got dragged in the dance floor, Mark grinned and twirled her around.

I’m only doing this because Sehun wont come with you.” She muttered darkly, Mark smiled and just kissed her cheek before going off in search for a partner.

Gu Li shook her head in amusement, her eyes searched for Sehun as she tried to walk past the dancing bodies.

“Hi, agasshi.” She felt a hand on her waist, Gu Li exhaled and tried to move pass the male.

“Hey, don’t leave yet, let’s have some fun.”

“Don’t bother her, Jinsook-ah, I had my eyes on her ever since she walked in.” Another male grabbed her by the wrist; Gu Li tried to pull free from the two.

“Step away, Seokjun, I saw her first.”

“These narcissistic motherf.ckers.” Gu Li whispered to herself before facing the two.

“Please let go.” She said, but the males ignored her, the other male’s hand went around her shoulders instead and he pulled her to him, Gu Li winced as she pushed him back.

“Stop being too arrogant, we all know how your father is broke now, Jinsook.”

Then the male holding her punched the guy named Seokjun.

 

 

Oh .” Mark muttered as he noticed a brawl was happening in the middle of the dance floor. He started to move through the people who have stopped moving, then he felt someone pull him back.

“Look.” Sehun told him.

 

Gu Li was pushed down when the two males started to attack each other, then she started to choke on her own breaths. Her fingers started to shake uncontrollably.

She yelped as one of the males landed on the floor near her, she started to climb away, while trying to get her pills from her purse.

Then she felt someone pulling her back.

“Come back here agasshi, tell us who would you choose~”

Gu Li was yanked out of the male’s grasp, she collided against a hard chest.

How many pills?

Two.” She managed to murmur; long slender fingers took the bottle from her hands and placed two white pills on her palm.

 

 

Mark and Sehun watched as Kris grabbed Gu Li from the male, he managed to wrap his arms around her while helping her with her medicine.

Gu Li was still shaking badly, there were tears in her eyes as Kris rubbed her back comfortingly.

Sehun’s brows rose up in question, Mark just grinned.

 

 

Before one of the males could grab Kris, Lay pushed him back with an icy stare.

“I suggest you keep your hands off my cousin if you don’t want your company to evaporate by tomorrow.” He snapped, Tao and Luhan behind him, froze. Gu Li was unsteady as Kris helped her step away from the crowd.

“Are you okay?” Kris asked as they stepped out of the club, Gu Li didn’t reply but she managed to pull away from him and took quick breaths.

I am…Sorry, this doesn’t happen a lot.” She swallowed, she looked up, Kris was hesitating whether to hold her hand or not, instead he sent a quick message to his driver.

“You can go back inside, ge. I~” She winced.

Stop talking, come,” Kris wrapped one arm around her waist and supported her waist.

“Ge, it’s fine really, I’m~”

“Should I leave you alone in this street while you’re dressed like this?” He gestured towards her white mini dress that showed too much skin for his taste.

Gu Li didn’t reply, she just rested her head against his shoulder. Kris tensed slightly, he felt his chest tighten.

He was nervous. She was getting too close. Too near.

 

And yet he liked it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++