053

The Game Changer

 

 

 

“Sorry about that.” Gu Li said as they sat down, they ended up the hotel’s lounge.

“I really like this unnie.” Jilliane grinned as she ate, Gu Li chuckled.

“I don’t know why, but I felt..annoyed, and my cheeks are like…”

So red, are you okay?” Jill looked up.

“I don’t know.” Gu Li pressed her palms against her cheeks. Jilliane swallowed and sipped on her juice.

But that girl earlier, she’s so noisy.” Jill muttered.

Exactly.” Gu Li sat up and nodded.

A philly? At this time?

The two looked up, Kris was making their way to them, Gu Li blinked.

“Well, unnie and I are hungry. I don’t like the food inside.” Jill explained.

Gu Li’s brows furrowed, she slowly stood up.

I think I need to go…well sweetie, finish your cheesesteak.” Gu Li patted Jill’s hand, she grabbed her purse and started to walk.

Gu Li, wait.

Gu Li froze and turned to him, Kris’s brows furrowed.

“Is something wrong?” He asked while gently taking her hand in his.

“Gu Li,” Kris said, she shook her head at him.

“My friends told me…well, they made me realize a lot of stuff for the past few days…this is the result, Kris.”

He started to smile and slowly wrapped his arms around her, Gu Li sighed and just pressed her cheek against his chest.

“Thank you.” He murmured.

“Well, you’re kind of the only person who saw through me right away. And sometimes the only person who calls me out on my crap, so….” She chuckled lowly, Kris nodded.

Gu Li pulled her hand away, her eyes watery.

“I..just…feel dizzy. I need to get to Lay and go home, thank you though.” She nodded before leaving them.

 

 

 

Gu Li was muttering to herself as she got in the house, she lied to Kris, she didn’t find Lay, she just sent him a message and rode a taxi home.

What was that, Zhang Gu Li?” She muttered to herself, she saw Theo rushing over to meet her.

Hi, buddy.” She said as the dog followed her upstairs, Tyke was in the study, sleeping.

So you see, I’ve been feeling odd lately….and I don’t like it.” She murmured as she entered her room, her dog just stared at her, confused. Theo made himself comfortable on her bed.

Am I crazy? Or am I on my way there?” She put her hands on her hips, she tossed her heels across the room and walked to her bookshelf.

Why did it have to be temporary amnesia? Why?” She said darkly as she randomly yanked out books from the shelf, then she stopped when an enveloped landed on near her feet. She picked up the envelope and opened it, she pulled it open and froze on her spot.

Inside were photos of Kris and her, while they were having lunch, going out for coffee and even attending parties. Her brows rose up, then she staggered back, her head spinning as memories flooded back.

“I don’t know what you’re playing, but please remember that I’m always here if you need me.” Kris said, Gu Li smiled without looking at him.

“I knew you’d say that, thanks.”

“I’m not joking, Gu Li.” Kris shook his head.

“Ge, I know, I~”

“You’re not taking me seriously.” Kris nodded seriously, Gu Li turned quiet.

“I might get slapped for this, but hey, you only live once, right?” He smirked, Gu Li blinked.

“What~”

Kris cupped her cheek and pressed his lips against hers.

“I’ll wait for you, miss Zhang.”

The photos fell on the floor with a soft thud.

 

 

“Hi.” Lay greeted.

“Ah!” Gu Li dropped the bag of chips on the floor, Lay blinked at her.

“You’re in the kitchen at eleven in the evening.” He said.

“Well, someone went home late.” She pointed out, Lay chuckled and just kissed her forehead.

“Good night, mei.” He said before walking to the stairs, Gu Li bit her lip.

“Ge?”

Lay halted and turned to her.

“Kris and I…we were something, huh?” She said as she leaned against the counter.

She noticed how Lay blinked and contemplated.

“You..were. Do you remember it all now?”

“Sort of, and can you tell me that girl’s name? The one with the yellow dress and plunging neckline.” Gu Li crossed her arms.

 

Lay could only wince.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++