023

The Game Changer

Gu Li glanced up as the car came to a full stop in front of Jilliane’s academy, she smiled as she immediately slid down from the car, Kris followed her as she walked towards the gates.

“International school?”

Kris nodded.

“She had a hard time learning Korean at first, Wanru jie only taught her so little.” Kris put his hands in his pockets, she nodded.

“She calls you daddy,” She wondered.

“She does, well sometimes she calls me samchon, but..it’s fine.”

Gu Li nodded again, Kris glanced at her.

“Are you okay? You seem…preoccupied.

Instead of replying, Gu Li glanced around them, some of the parents were looking at them, the women had their eyes on Kris, she smiled.

“Yes, a little~” Gu Li playfully wrapped one arm around Kris’s.

“If I do this, those married women will stop looking at you and stop sinning against their husbands.” She mused, Kris froze but he continued to walk.

“Still not answering question though.” He said, Gu Li smiled.

Maybe next time, ge.

Daddy!

They both looked up, Gu Li let go of Kris as he walked over to his running daughter.

tumblr_njk1hemlUu1qgzzmio4_500.gif

How was your day?” Kris chuckled as he lifted her in his arms. Gu Li smiled from afar, her thoughts went to the talk she had with Changmin earlier.

“Gu Li, if you start this..you might be in danger, we’re not sure about this but it seems that these Gus…they’re dealing with something big.”

“Big? Like what?”

“Illegal substances, and remember that incident in SeokDo Bridge?” Changmin asked her.

“I saw it in the news, so many people died.”

“We suspect that it was done by them, they used counterfeit materials in constructing that bridge, they did that to take over the managing construction company.”

“Then….why aren’t they being prosecuted?”

“We don’t have solid evidence against them.”

“Unnie? Unnie! Unnieee!”

Gu Li jumped slightly, she looked up, Jilliane was calling her.

Hi, pretty one.” Gu Li poked her cheek with a smile, Jill smiled and wriggled out of Kris’s grasp and took Gu Li’s hand.

Did daddy ask you to come pick me up too?” She asked.

Not really, but I happily came. How was school?

It was fine, but…those kids are always asking me if I would invite them to our home for my birthday.

Kris followed the two from behind, he watched as Jilliane chatted animatedly.

Your birthday? When is it?” Gu Li asked.

Next week. Still, I wonder when did self-inviting get so popular? Isn’t it improper, unnie?

Gu Li blinked, she glanced at Kris with an amused smile, Kris could only shrug at her in response.

It is..a little.” Gu Li replied with a chuckle.

 

 

Chen looked up from his laptop, Tao was calling.

“Yes, di?”

“Have you seen Kris ge, hyung? He’s two secretaries are going crazy?”

Chen paused and put down his pen. One of Kris’s secretaries called him earlier, the young man was looking for him.

“Ani, I haven’t spoken to gege yet, but..why?”

“He was supposed to be at this meeting an hour ago. But he didn’t show up at the company and he hasn’t been replying to any messages.”

Chen paused.

“Huh, so not like him.” He murmured.

 

 

Kris nodded for the driver to start the car, Jilliane was quietly brushing her hair between them.

Can we go stop by for some ice cream?

Jill, we need to drive Gu Li unnie to her house.” Kris explained, Jilliane frowned.

Gu Li smiled.

It’s okay, ice cream it is.

Kris was about to reply when his phone rang, it was Chen.

“Wae?”

“Hyung, where have you been? Tao called me, your secretary before that too.”

“…What are you saying? ”

“You just missed a meeting, daebak.” Chen cackled.

 

 

“This is a first! We need to throw a party!” Chen cheered, Kris just ended the call and put his phone down.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++