054

The Game Changer

 

 

The silver BMW convertible stopped in front of Zhang Empire’s building, a very familiar young lady, dressed in a fitted sleeveless crop top and a matching skirt that hugged her curves stepped down from the car. Some of the employees halted and stared at her, then she took off her sunglasses.

“Chairman, welcome back!” Her secretary came running to her side, she smiled.

“Well, it has been a while, right?”

“Yes, are you all better now?”

They stepped in the elevator.

“Yes, I feel like me again. Finally.”

They arrived at the top floor, Gu Li was greeted by the staff, she politely smiled back.

“What..is this?” Gu Li paused as she entered her office, there was a huge bouquet of tulips on the coffee table.

“It just arrived today, ma’am. It came from the children at Sunshine Foster Home. I was about to have it delivered~”

“No, it should stay here. It’s nice.” Gu Li smiled.

 

 

Hello.” Mark grinned as he joined his friends at their table.

“Finally, can we order now?” Gu Li asked Kyungsoo, he nodded back.

“But, what’s the rush on calling us here?” Sehun asked.

“You’re supposed to be resting at home.” Mark pointed out as Kyungsoo spoke with the waiter.

“Well, I decided to go to work today.” She said as she crossed her legs, the three males paused.

“Gu Li~”

“I cant stay at home any longer, it’s killing me.” She murmured.

“Besides, what better thing to do than work again.” She said dryly, Mark chuckled, then he paused.

“Gu Li…why do you sound like your old self?” Sehun blinked, Kyungsoo looked up.

“Well, I’m kind of back and I just found out I have to attend another party, please tell me that you guys are also invited.” She blinked, Kyungsoo  just snorted but he squeezed her hand.

“We’ll be there, baby girl.”

 

 

Jilliane grinned from the television, she was dressed in her jammies with Maxie seated beside her as they watched cartoons. Kris was standing by the windows, he was now dressed in a white tuxedo that fitted his lean frame perfectly.

“This is the appointment you told me about?” He asked, Jill smiled.

Daddy, it’s a party. I’d rather stay home and be a kid.

Jill, I don’t like leaving you alone.

“I have Maxie with me. Besides, you need to make it up to Gu Li unnie.

Kris paused and glanced at his daughter.

Weishenme?

Jill pursed her lips briefly, she turned to face her dad.

Pa, I’m only going to say this once, so please…listen.” She said in Chinese, Kris grew amused.

“I don’t even know why spoke to that lady, she was..too…too much.”

“Jill, that was what you call being polite~”

I know that, sorry for cutting you, but really, don’t speak to her..ever again.” She nodded, Kris just chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“Don’t stay up too late, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said before leaving the house.

 

 

“Zhang Gu Li!” Lay nagged again, he was already dressed for the party they were going to attend.

“Ge, you can just go ahead, I’m still not yet done!” Gu Li hollered from her room, Lay sighed.

“Fine, call me when you’ve already left the house.” Lay hollered back before stepping out of the front door.

Meanwhile in her room, Gu Li was looking at her reflection. She was wearing a red Herve Leger dress that hugged her frame nicely.

Why does it always have to be a party?” She murmured as she put on her suede Louboutins before heading down.

 

“Hmm, hi.”

Kris looked, Sehun was in front of him. Lay looked at the younger male, confused.

“So, the thing is, hyung, about Gu Li, she’s kind of…back.”

Xiumin and Tao blinked at him.

“Back? You mean…” Chen trailed off, Lay nodded.

“The old Gu Li, you know. She remembers it all.” Sehun nodded, his gaze still on Kris.

“How sure are you? Did she tell you?”

“Well not specifically, about, she’s back I tell you.”

“I remember her name now!”

They all jumped in shock, Gu Li was walking to them, she grinned.

“Name?” Lay blinked.

“Yoo Haera.”

Kris paused, Gu Li nodded at him before glaring at Sehun.

“Why are you here?”

“You asked us to come.” Sehun replied.

“Right, I did. Come with me.”

“You didn’t say please.” Sehun crossed his arms.

“I am wearing six inches Louboutins right now, if you don’t want this poke you in the eye~”

“Okay, okay, let’s go.” Sehun grunted and followed her.

Kris blinked and looked at his friends.

“Oh, she’s back alright.” Luhan nodded.

 

“Someone tell Yoo Haera to steer clear of her, well, ge, if you still don’t believe she’s back, Gu Li’s over there, speaking with…your mom.” Tao blinked as the ever-elusive Mrs. Wu chatted with Gu Li and Sehun.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++