014

The Game Changer

 

 

“Doesn’t this hide too much skin?” Mark asked, he was seated on the couch with DO, the other male just slapped his arm.

“That’s the function of clothes.” DO snapped, Sehun nodded who was standing by the rows and rows of clothes.

They were inside a VVIP fitting room at a mall in Gangnam, Gu Li was dressed in an all white Dolce and Gabbana three piece skirt suit.

“This…” Gu Li eyed her reflection.

“I’m sure they have it in other colors too, take them.” DO nodded, he stood up and pulled another rack of clothing items.

“These are dresses, I chose your favorite brands, you don’t need to fit them. Don’t worry, I chose them according to your tastes.” He informed, Mark grinned and picked up a sleeveless Alexander Wang dress.

“You’re the best, author Do.” Gu Li smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck, DO sighed.

“Anything to get you off my back.”

 

Lay walked in his cousin’s office, Gu Li glanced up and put down the folder she was holding.

“I know you’re mad at me, mei, I’m sorry.”

“Ge, you wanted to take their side. You chose her over me.” She shook her head.

“Mei, this isn’t play time anymore, you have to understand~”

“What I don’t understand is why we’re associating ourselves with people like them.” Gu Li stood up.

“What? So this is how you speak now?” Lay replied.

“People like them, people who are way below us. I don’t like facing them, I don’t like being linked to them.”

“Just who do you think you are, mei? Just because you~”

“As I suspected, you don’t understand.” Gu Li nodded to herself, she picked up her purse.

“Excuse me, vice president Zhang, but I have a meeting, please set up an appointment next time.” She said before stepping out of the office.

 

Gu Li walked in the conference room quietly.

“Just because she’s a Zhang, she thinks she can do this to us?”

“Why do we have to bow down to her?”

“Does she even know what CEO stands for?”

People were whispering the room, she sat down on one of the chairs at the back.

Did she even finish school?

Gu Li took a deep breath.

All she probably knows is how to shop and spend money~

“Excuse me,” She stood up from her seat, the people in the room halted and looked at her.

“You are from the HR department and Secretarial department, right?” She asked.

“Yes, and you are?” A female asked.

“I’m Zhang Gu Li.” She replied, the people in the room froze.

She walked towards the platform and took the microphone.

“I would like to see the presentation report for the new plans, HR?” She asked. The room had gone quiet, the people stilled.

“And, the year end events held by our branches, I’m sure you have a list of that?”

Some of the employees did not meet her gaze.

“Well seeing how everyone isn’t ready, then this meeting is done. Schedule another one when you already know what to do.”

 

 

Gu Li stepped in her room and her phone started to ring.

“Is this Miss Zhang?”

“Yes, speaking.”

“We are from Incheon International Airport’s Admi~”

“Ah, right, have they arrived?” She asked and rubbed her temples.

“Yes, just an hour ago, would you like us to have them delivered or~”

“Aniyo, I’ll pick them up, thanks for calling.”

 

 

“Well, if it’s a CEO they want,” Mark said through the other line, Gu Li was driving to the airport, she had his Bluetooth earpiece on.

“Li, maybe it’s time…to you know, finally accept that..”

She sighed and put down the roof of the convertible.

“Just show them what you’ve got, baby girl.”

“I can’t promise it will be nice.” She muttered back.

 

 

Now that your sons are here, it’s time to stop playing spoiled rotten heiress, babe.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++