029

The Game Changer

Tao spat his wine back to his glass, Xiumin was stunned.

Lay’s eyes went to his cousin’s two best friends whom both looked astonished.

“How is he….” Mark trailed off, Sehun just shook his head.

“..Who..is that person?” Luhan asked.

“Oh, him?” Sehun nodded towards the male’s direction.

“He is~” Sehun snorted when Gu Li took off her boots and started chasing after the man.

“..You’ll know soon.”

 

“Ya!” Gu Li snapped, the male before her chuckled before plopping on the wooden bench, they were already far from the group due to Gu Li chasing him.

“We had a deal remember?”

“What deal?” She snapped again, his laughed his usual deep and hearty laugh.

“After we broke up, you said that if we went home, meaning back here~”

“Of course, where else?” She rolled her eyes, he sent her a look, Gu Li closed .

“If we went home, we should make a grand comeback. It’s a competition, clearly I have a better comeback than yours.” He stuck his tongue out, Gu Li gaped at him.

You idiot. In front of all those people too,” She slapped his arm, he cackled.

“Your entrance was too cliché, you walked in the party and had the male population salivate over you. Mine is totes better.

Totes better?! My cousin was there, watching!

“That hyung has always been so chill, no problem.” He shrugged coolly.

“Why are you even~”

“We should probably get your shoes back, right?” He offered and stood up, he gestured for Gu Li to get on his horse.

“I hate you.” She hissed.

“That’s why we broke up, remember?”

 

“She’s back.” Sehun stood up from the table, he stole a glance at Kris briefly, then he stopped. He dropped Gu Li’s shoes at the older male’s feet.

Kris looked up, Sehun cleared his throat.

“I need to go, Lay hyung’s nowhere to be seen.”

“Sehun, what~”

Sehun pointed towards the ground, Gu Li and the unknown male were both returning, Sehun saw how Kris tense slightly but he didn’t speak.

“Could you please hand over her shoes to her? I really need to go, hyung. Bye!” He pinched Jilliane’s cheek before jogging away from them, Kris looked around the table, Xiumin was pretending he didn’t hear, Tao and Chen were studiously studying the make shift tent protecting them from the heat, while Luhan was already walking away from their table.

 

 

“That man,” Lay trailed off, Mark chuckled beside him, the two were standing by the display table, watching Gu Li and the male from afar.

“You’ve met him before, hyung.”

“I…have?”

Just in time, Luhan had joined them.

“Yes, he’s Kim Jongin, son of Samsung Technologies.”

“Ah.” Lay nodded, Luhan blinked.

Mark sighed.

“He and Gu Li started dating two years ago, they broke up a few months before she flew back here.”

“Oh.” Lay nodded flatly, still looking clueless.

Luhan’s brows rose in amusement.

“An ex-boyfriend?” Luhan queried, Mark nodded.

“Well, well.” Luhan mused as he watched Kris walk over to the two.

 

 

“Hmmm.” Kai suddenly halted, Gu Li looked at him, he had made the horse stop.

“What are you humming about?” She followed his gaze, she paused, Kris was walking to them, he was dressed in a crisp beige and white suit, he was carrying her boots.

Gu Li sighed.

Sehun left.” Kris stated as he reached them. Gu Li nodded, she was about to haul herself down from the horse, when Kai easily lifted her down.

Kris looked away, but he put the boots down.

“Thank you, ge.” Gu Li looked at him with a smile, the latter just nodded and left the two.

Kai’s brows rose.

“Don’t even speak. Not even a single sound.” Gu Li warned as she put on her shoes, Kai chuckled as he watched her.

“We need to talk. Later.” Gu Li sent him a look before walking back towards the tent.

Kai just shook his head in amusement, then his eyes darted over at the tall male who was walked to them earlier

 

“Interesting.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++