050

The Game Changer

Gu Li made her way to the mall’s entrance, she was dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a Givenchy sweater. She was about to walk directly towards the escalator when she accidentally bumped into someone, she looked up.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, ma’am.” She said as she picked up the lady’s fallen wallet on the ground, she noticed two men dressed in suits were about to step forward but the lady waved them off.

“It’s okay, young lady, but you do look quite familiar.” The lady said.

“Oh, well, my name’s Zhang Gu Li, and I was sick for a while, and if I know you, I’m really sorry, but my memory is a bit jagged right now.” Gu Li winced, the lady smiled and just offered her hand.

“Nice to meet you then, I’m Cynthia.”

“Nice to meet you, Cynthia.” Gu Li nodded, then she excused herself before heading off.

The lady watched as Gu Li made her way to the escalator, then she smiled.

 

 

Lay looked up as his younger cousin stepped in his office.

“Mei, what brings you here?” He asked, ever since she got out of the hospital the family decided not to let her work or do anything related with work.

“I’m bored, I want to do something…therapeutic.” She placed a folder on his table, he looked up paused.

“Right, this is a foster home our company is helping.” He nodded, she smiled and sat down.

“Well, I asked your secretary to make a call and I’m visiting there tomorrow.” She nodded, Lay smiled.

“Maybe going out and meeting these kids will help me…relax.” Her brows furrowed briefly.

“Is…something bothering you?” Lay reached for her hand.

“I’ve been..hearing voices, I’m trying to place faces on them. But all I get is..scratchy memories, some of them has Luhan ge, you, Tao and his airplane…but most of them has..him.”

“Him?” Lay asked.

“Kris, I don’t even know why, I mean were we close? Every time we see each other, he seems so aloof.”

Lay didn’t know what to say.

“Oh well, I’ll try to figure this out. See you later, ge.”

 

 

“This bothers me so much.” Gu Li claimed as she sliced the sandwich in half, she was with her four friends by the poolside.

“What? The fact that you have four males by the pool lounging at your cousin’s house?” Kai grinned at her.

“You don’t count, you’re an ex.” Mark pointed out,  the latter shrugged. Kyungsoo ignored the two and faced her.

“What is?”

Gu Li stood up to grab some of the glasses from the table.

“I remember everything about you, you, you and you.” She rolled her eyes at Kai, Sehun grinned at her.

“Then, my brother’s friends, I somehow remember meeting them, and I remember Chaerin and her… of a brother.”

The males winced uncomfortably.

“Just meeting them? How about dati~” Kai winced as Sehun threw a fork at him.

“And that child, Jill, I remember her wanting to have a pitbull.” She bit her lip, then they heard loud barking, Theo and Tyke came running along, chasing Lay’s Labrador.

Gu Li blinked as three mutts hit the table, causing the items on it fall and slip down. The plates, glasses and bottle of wine all fell.

“Well, look at you.”

“Aren’t you such a doll?” He mused again.

“My family’s going to kill you.” She spat, he cackled.

“Not if I kill you first.”

His men behind him laughed.

“You see, Gu Li~” Dongmin knelt beside her and slapped her again. She winced.

“I enjoy violence, and you don’t. In fact you breakdown at the sight of it.”

Gu Li looked at the marks the rope left on her wrists, then she suddenly screamed.

Gu Li!” Sehun stood up and ran to her, he made her sit on one of the lounge chairs.

She took hold of Sehun’s hands in fear, tears started to flow from her eyes.

 

“They killed them…those girls…in front of me.” She breathed out.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++