043

The Game Changer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gu Li  pushed herself away from the table and turned to face the floor length windows.

She just had spoken to Changmin earlier, he was forcing her to get bodyguards since he could not assign them himself without her permission.

Gu Li shook her head, it was useless.

Then her secretary stepped in her office.

“Chairman?”

“Yes?” She spun her chair to face the lady.

“Mister Wu’s secretary is here.”

“Oh…send him in.” She nodded with confusion. She stood up as the male walked in.

“Good morning, secretary Noh.” She greeted.

“Good morning, chairman, I’m afraid president Wu is quite preoccupied right now, he did ask me to remind him to pick you up…but he’s kind of..unapproachable right now.” He looked away awkwardly.

“Unapproachable? Since when was he the approachable the type?..Oh!” She smiled as she noticed the expression on the male’s face.

“Well, take me to his office then.”

 

The department managers all winced as Kris turned his back to them, he had his arms crossed as her faced the windows.  His back look tensed and the aura he was giving off scared his employees.

“Pushed back..again?” He questioned, his tone flat.

“Yes, president, it’s because~”

He faced the conference table again.

“This meeting is over, set up another one when everything has been done in a correct manner.” He said brusquely before walking out of the room.

“Bad day?”

He halted and glanced behind him, Gu Li was leaning against the wall.

Hi.” Kris said lowly before walking up to her and hugged her tightly, she smiled softly before pulling back. Then she noticed the employees coming out from the conference room.

“I am so glad that I don’t work for you.” She commented as she saw how nervous and uncomfortable the employees looked.

Kris didn’t reply, he just took her hand and pulled her to his office.

“Jill’s class is over in a few minutes and~”

Kris paused as he realized Gu Li was smiling.

“I was peeking through the door when you were acting all….pissed and scary CEO. Now, you’re back to demanding you.” She teased as she closed the door behind her.

Kris blinked at her, Gu Li chuckled.

“So, what time do we leave?”

“Gu Li, I~”

She chuckled as she patted her shoulder and sat on his chair. Kris sat down on the leather couch quietly.

“I was just joking, president. It’s nice to see you at work.” Gu Li nodded, then she paused, she studied Kris’s face before standing up.

Gu Li smiled before sitting across his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I’m sorry. I was too much.” She said as she leaned her chin on his shoulder, Kris buried his nose in her hair.

“Is Jill still thinking about getting a Pitbull?” She asked, Kris nodded.

“Well, we need to get going.” She nodded with a smile, Kris smiled and kissed the side of her hair before letting go.

“Everything okay with you and Yixing?” Kris asked, Gu Li shook her head and stood up.

“No, but I’ll fix it soon. I did ask my secretary to release a statement.”

Kris stood up and grabbed his coat.

Statement? About what?

Gu Li pulled her Hermes purse closer to her.

“The thing about me..being pregnant.”

Kris paused.

“Really? Why?”

“Well, you weren’t comfortable about it..so..” Gu Li trailed off, Kris smiled.

“Thank you, Gu Li.”

No biggie.

 

 

Lay looked up as Sehun walked in his office, the younger male plopped down on the seat across from him.

“Hi, hyung.”

Then Luahn followed. Lay blinked and put down the folder he was holding.

“Ge, Sehun, what brings~”

Sehun sighed and shook his head.

“Tell me, when was the last time you actually listened to what Gu Li has to say.” Luhan asked, Lay looked away.

“Ge, she’s being unreasonable~”

“If part of being unreasonable is wanting you to be safe and away from trouble, I don’t know what you’re thinking.” Sehun pointed out, Lay bit his lip and leaned against his seat.

“Your cousin, she’s troubled. Why is she the only one putting up a fight, Lay? Why are you not doing anything?” Luhan pressed.

“If I do something, do you think it would even change things even just a little bit?” Lay asked bitterly.

“Well do you see Gu Li giving up?”

“That’s the difference, it’s not her battle, she’s not supposed to be meddling.”

Sehun stood up and shook his head at the older male.

“You’re useless, hyung, do you even care for her?” He spat before leaving the room.

 

 

Jill smiled as she jogged towards the pen where they kept the puppies, Gu Li chuckled.

“Okay, I give up.”  She said as she took off her heels, walking on the soft grass made her feel uncomfortable due to her shoes. Kris smiled and took the shoes from her and held them in one hand.

“Actually, I’ve been thinking lately,”

Kris nodded for her to continue.

“It has been a while since I went home, I miss it.”

“Home?”

“Florida.” She nodded to herself.

“Do you want to go back?” He asked carefully.

“Maybe after I fix things, but…” Gu Li paused and studied his face.

“I kind of want to stick around longer.” She finished, Kris brows rose but he nodded.

“And, I have to drive to Incheon tomorrow and stay for a few days.”

“Why?” Kris asked, they both heard Jill calling them.

Work stuff, you’ll survive without me, right?” She mused before giving Jill a nod.

“I’ll try….But, wait, a few days? How few?

Gu Li laughed and just pulled him towards the pen.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++