015

The Game Changer

 

Kris arrived in Jeju at exactly ten in the morning and his flight was scheduled at 3:30 in the afternoon.

He walked in his office and sat down, he spun the chair around to face the windows, his office showcased one of the best views in the island, he could see the large Wu Empire hotel, the greenery, and the clear Jeju sea.

His thoughts went to Songhee.

It has been nine months since she left, it has been nine months since she succumbed to her sickness.

Kris sighed and just closed his eyes.

He missed her so much that it hurt to think about her.

 

“Mei?” Lay was grinning as he entered the villa, he was carrying with two boxes of pizza and a box of fried chicken.

Then he almost dropped the food as two dogs welcomed him with barks.

Boys, down.” Gu Li appeared from the staircase, the dogs walked away from Lay.

My children.”  Gu Li shrugged at Lay as he looked at her quizzically.

“What’s that, peace offering?” She asked him as he walked to the kitchen.

“Sort of.” Lay winced at her, she grinned.

“I talked..to Xiumin ge, he seems to understand you better than I do.”

“He told you what happened? What about Kris?” Gu Li pressed.

“Kris? Did something happen today?” Lay looked up as he transferred the chicken on the plate, Gu Li blinked and shook her head.

“Ani, let’s eat.” Gu Li kissed her cousin’s cheek.

“Oppa, you’re forgiven.” She chuckled before taking the pizza.

 

 

People still kept talking about Gu Li, some of her past photos even resurfaced on the web. Lay winced as he spoke with his grandfather and father.

“Gu Li,”

“We have to protect her.” Lay intervened, his agung shook his head.

“Knowing her, she’ll probably solve this herself.” The elder replied, Lay looked at his father.

“But pa, this is Gu Li~”

“I know, she’ll probably make the people who talked bad about her pay.” Agung chuckled heartily, Lay sighed.

“But, Yixing, you help her, she might be having a difficult time adjusting.”

Lay nodded, he was about to stand when his grandfather called him again.

“Tell her to meet guys too, Gu Li’s too intimidating to men.”

Lay nodded but he scratched the back of his head.

“Yes…I’ll try to tell her that.”

 

 

“Lunch?” Gu Li asked again, Luhan had called her just as she finished attending a meeting.

“Yes, are you free?”

“Yes, I am, ge, then, can you just send me the address?”

“Dangrenle, see you there.”

Gu Li nodded and put her phone down, she walked in her office, she looked at her reflection at the mirror. She shook her head and took off her maroon Balmain blazer, she was wearing a beige Alexander Wang dress that hugged her curves nicely. She grabbed her Chanel purse before heading out of the office.

 

 

“So you really plan to expand the Jeju branch?” Tao asked, Kris nodded beside him.

“But, what about Jill? You’ll have to stay there.” Xiumin said, the six of them were walking towards the restaurant; they had parked at Chen’s building for convenience and decided to just walk towards the venue.

“That’s what I’m thinking about, I can’t just move her with me too.” Kris replied, Lay nodded.

“Wait, isn’t that…Gu Li?” Luhan pointed out.

They followed his gaze. Gu Li was driving her white BMW convertible with the roof down, she had on a pair of sunglasses to cover her eyes, then she stopped.

There was an old woman crossing the street, and the traffic light was already signaling, “go”.

“Aigoo, how adorable.” Xiumin nodded as they watched Gu Li wait for the halmeoni to cross the street in her slow pace, then the cars behind her started to honk without mercy.

“Mwoya? She’s still crossing the street.” Tao looked annoyed. They saw Gu Li smirk, she took off her sunglasses and smiled at the other lady as she crossed, the light then switched to red.

The old lady was already safe on the sidewalk, she waved at Gu Li before walking on, Gu Li then took her left hand off the wheel and raised her middle finger at the cars behind her.

Lay winced, Luhan and Chen guffawed.

Kris almost laughed.

“I think I know what she’s up to.” Xiumin said as he noticed Gu Li eye the timer beside the traffic light, then it blinked green, Gu Li didn’t budge.

The cars started to honk mercilessly again.

Then just as the timer flashed that there were only two seconds left, Gu Li stepped on the gas and sped off, the light blinked red again.

The cars behind Gu Li were stuck, again.

 

”Your cousin’s precious.” Luhan nodded and slapped Lay’s shoulder.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++