028

The Game Changer

People watched as Gu Li kneeled on the grass, she pressed her palm against the horse’s nose. She shook her head and looked around her.

“Someone call the animal clinic, we have one nearby. Call them!”

Gu Li carefully checked the horse’s legs.

“What happened?” Sehun slid down from his horse and walked to her.

“Dehydration, I think. He’s running a temperature too.” She frowned.

“Ask someone to get some towels with cold water.”

 

 

“Thank you, doctor. If it weren’t for your first aid kit we might have lost Midas.” The parademic bowed politely.

“No need to thank me, I was just doing my job.” She shook her head with a smile.

She walked back to the event, people were looking at her.

Who would have thought the spoiled brat heiress of Zhang Empire was a doctor?

“Doctor?” Xiumin smiled teasingly, she chuckled.

“So, they finally decided to take you seriously now that they know you can actually poison them without them knowing, doctor?” Sehun walked to them, the others looked away.

“Poison?”

“Horse tranquilizer can put a human down, and when mixed with water it is absolutely undetectable.” He nodded, Kris grew amused.

“Gu Li and Sehun” conversations were always a big hit.

“Whatever, I’m going to go wash my hands. You idiot.”

 

 

 

Dongmin was inside his office when his secretary came in.

“Sir,”

“What is it?” He looked up, the female before him was frowning.

“It’s the police again, sir.”

“What do you mean?” He sat up, his shoulders tense.

“We planted someone within the force, and he just reported that the investigation on our company has silently started again.”

“Mwo!?” Dongmin’s brows rose up.

“By whom?”

“Detective Shim Changmin, sir.”

“You said he couldn’t find anything. We already paid the chief of police to shut him up.”

“Yes, but someone approached him, sir. The person even volunteered to fund the department.”

“Who?”

“Zhang Gu Li.”

 

 

Kris watched as Gu Li padded towards the villa. He felt Xiumin’s gaze at him.

He felt his insides eating, he had no idea why she was acting strange earlier. And he wasn’t surprised to find out that Gu Li was a doctor, he had always expected she was different.

“How long are you going to hide it, ge?” Lay sat beside him, Kris paused and looked at his friend.

“That, that thing wrapped around in ice.” Lay pointed towards heart.

“…What?”

Lay chuckled.

“Gu Li. Somehow my cousin found a way to melt it. Ge, I respect Songhee noona, and I know that this issue is a bit sensitive but, don’t use her as a reason to stop yourself from being happy.”

Kris began to wonder when his friends had began to be too perceptive.

“It’s that obvious, Lay even noticed.” Xiumin said.

“Was that a compliment, hyung?” Lay blinked.

“She wouldn’t want to see you this way too.” Lay continued.

“This is your cousin we’re talking about.” Kris reminded.

“And I trust you, ge. Although I don’t know what goes through her head, but you’ll never know.”

Kris’s eyes went to Gu Li who was still on her way to the villa, then he saw a male, dressed in gear, he was riding on a black horse, his eyes were on Gu Li.

Then Mark and Sehun arrived at their table, the two followed the older male’s gaze.

“Oooh, why is he here?”

“He’s still alive?”

Kris and Xiumin paused, then the male stopped before Gu Li, he went down from his horse and walked to her.

 

Gu Li had stopped walking when she realized that he was standing before her, then the male lifted her chin up and kissed her squarely on the lips.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

ha

Ha

hA

HAHAHAHA