045

The Game Changer

 

Lay paced back and forth in front of the accident scene, just a few minutes ago the police had recovered Gu Li’s Rottweillers but there were still no signs of her. The road had been closed for the search and the media were slowly starting to swarm and it only gave Lay’s security a headache.

Korea-A_highway_near_Incheon_Internation

“Sir,”

Lay faced the detective who called him.

“I’m sorry, but at this point there is nothing else we can do, we have to declare her as missing~”

“Nothing you can do? There’s a possibility that she’s out there bleeding her life out and there’s nothing else you can do?!”Lay hissed as he grabbed the man’s collar.

“Sir~”

Lay’s fingers trembled as he let go of the man; he heard a loud rumbling from afar, people started to murmur as two helicopters started to descend from the sky.

 

 

 

Kris’s brows were furrowed as his bodyguard led him towards the scene, he was beyond worried and frustrated.

“What happened?” He asked as he reached Lay, he glanced behind him and found Mark and Sehun walking towards them.

“They’re trying to find out if something was wrong with her car before she got in an accident, but they’re thinking she was kidnapped.” Lay stated, Kris exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“We’ve asked Kai to try track her phone, but so far nothing.” Mark said as they reached the two older males.

Sehun looked at the car with hard eyes.

“Did you let her go alone?” He questioned, Lay looked away.

“That’s just very nice of you.” Sehun spat before turning away from them, he called Gu Li’s two pets over and placed their leashes on.

“President!” Kris’s secretary came running to him, he was holding onto a brown envelope.

“Miss Zhang had this delivered to your house this morning.”

Lay watched as Kris took the envelope, Mark paused as soon as he saw the papers he stepped back.

“These….are all about your fiancé.” Kris looked at Lay, Sehun looked up, he took Theo and Tyke and walked to them.

“Drug syndicate?” Mark blinked, Sehun grabbed one of the sheets.

“This is by the Intelligence Agency,” Sehun looked at Mark.

“Changmin hyung. Kyungsoo.” Mark frowned.

 

 

Luhan was making rounds around their newly renovated hotel slash mall when he saw Chaerin walking around with her friends and older brother.

His eyes narrowed at the group, he just heard about Gu Li’s disappearance and yet Chaerin was out and about, laughing merrily with her friends and shopping.

“Luhan, before you do anything~” Xiumin sighed as his cousin strode up to the group.

Xiumin winced.

“Chaerin, hi.” Luhan smiled sweetly.

“Lu ge, nice to see you, what brings you here?” Chaerin asked, her cheeks were a little flushed. Luhan suspected that the girl had a few drinks before going out.

“Well, I own this place.” Luhan nodded.

“So, ge, I was~”

“I just called security.” Luhan told them.

“Why? Did something happen?”

“Yes, I asked them to take you and your group out.” Luhan nodded.

“You cant do that to us, we’re customers!” Dongmin demanded.

“Oh, well, I don’t like seeing you around my mall, so, bye!” Luhan nodded as he saw the mall security approaching them. He smirked before turning back to his cousin.

 

 

“Hyung, you asked us to watch over her, we didn’t expect that you wouldn’t do the same!” Sehun hissed, DO shook his head.

“She never told me she contacted my cousin.” DO shook his head, he was stunned. Gu Li knew so much about the Gus.

“This is why she was so confident.” Mark said, Kris and Lay were seated away from them, both were silent, they were all the police station, waiting for the director of the department to arrive. Lay’s grandfather and Gu Li’s parents were all on their way to Seoul, while Lay’s father had sent out a search party for his niece.

Finally, the director entered the room.

“We’ve sent out notices to other stations regarding miss Zhang, all of our officers will keep an eye around the area.”

“About the data we gave you,” Lay looked up.

“Yes, we need to verify if everything in those files are legitimate. Well, we cannot assume that the Gus are behind miss Zhang’s disappearance, but~”

Kris stood up and slammed both of his palms on the table, causing for everyone in the room to jump.

“Verify? Those very files came from here.”

“But, miss Zhang got those unofficially~”

“And look where miss Zhang is now.” Kris snapped in his cold tone.

“If you don’t put the Gus as main suspects for her disappearance and if I don’t see any of the Gus being tried for the evidences against them, I will send all those files to the media, I’m sure Jongdae can do that for us, right?” Kris turned to Lay, the director swallowed.

“Mister Wu~”

 

“You have three hours to finish everything.” Kris dismissed him.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++