012

The Game Changer

 

 

“Brat, you’re here.” Gu Li grinned as Dongmin walked away. Sehun rolled his eyes at her but he opened his arms, Gu Li chuckled and hugged him.

“Well, the house was getting too quiet~”

“Mei?”

She looked up, Xiumin was looking at her.

“Oh, ge, right, these are my friends, Oh Sehun, Mark Tuan, Do Kyungsoo.” She nodded.

Lay’s friends were quite surprised, Gu Li’s friends were the notorious hard headed sons from big families.

“Nice to meet you again, director Tuan.” Chen shook the other male’s hand.

“Wow, so you’ve actually been working.” Gu Li chuckled, Mark sent her a look.

“Sehun and I have been housemates for around three years and author Do here is~”

“Oppa, finally!” Chaerin chirped at them, Kris’s eyes went to Gu Li.

Gu Li, please.” Mark had whispered.

“Chaerin,” Lay nodded at her.

“I hear you’ve met my brother.” Chaerin beamed at Gu Li.

“She did, and tell your so called brother to never speak to her again.” Sehun nodded before turning away from the group.

See you later.” Mark kissed her cheek before following Sehun.

DO poked her side before following the two.

“Hi, geges.” Gu Li grinned at Kris at Xiumin, then she stood behind Kris just as Lay started to talk.

“Ya, what did you to do Dongmin? Sehun~”

“Lay that person had his hand at a very..improper place, her friend was right to do that.” Kris nodded, Lay blinked.

“Ge, I’m not going to do anything, since this is a party, and everyone has their eyes on me,” Gu Li looked up, the males tensed, her aura had changed.

Chaerin stared at the girl.

“You don’t want to see me angry, so if possible don’t even breath the same air as me, Gu Chaerin-ssi.”

Then they heard Lay’s father waving Gu Li over to the stage.

“I hope not to see you at the after party.” She finished before leaving the group.

 

 

Kris watched as Gu Li spoke, her tone had changed, she was business like and yet not too serious, people laughed as she joked a little.

“I know, I don’t look like a CEO, truthfully I would have settled just being a director.” She nodded.

“But, my uncle wants me to help him and my cousin, so I’m here, nice to meet you, I’m Zhang Gu Li.” She bowed politely before leaving the stage.

“She doesn’t look so well.” Luhan said, Tao looked up.

“Lay ge doesn’t have a temper, but I think she has.” Chen murmured.

They watched as Gu Li discreetly leave the room.

“If we don’t follow her, knowing her, something might happen.” Xiumin murmured, Kris blinked as he felt his friends staring at him.

“Lay’s quite busy, he cant look after her, ge.” Tao stated.

“….So?” Kris paused.

“Out of the all of us, you’re the most reasonable one.” Luhan nodded.

“Ya~”

“Talk to her, she seem really upset.” Chen urged.

 

 

Gu Li exhaled as she stepped to the rooftop garden. She dropped her clutch on the bench and pursed her lips.

“Nice choice of venue.”

She glanced behind her.

“How much did they pay you to follow me here?” She asked him with his back facing Kris, he almost smiled.

“Its cold out here, we should~”

“You should know by now I don’t really listen well.” Gu Li faced him, her eyes hard.

Kris’s brows furrowed but he shook off his tuxedo jacket and handed it to her.

“If I put it around you using my own hands, people might talk.” He said lightly, Gu Li snorted but she took the coat and draped it around her.

What’s bothering you?

“How could he take her side? He even asked me what I did to that Dongmin. Has he gone crazy?”  Gu Li asked, Kris nodded.

How could he take her side? Is he really that blind?” She spat.

“Gu Li, I know~”

He was willing to take her side when that man was publicly groping me.” She almost laughed, Kris grew alarmed.

Gu Li~

“Okay, so before you start throwing stones at the guy.”

Kris turned behind him, Kyungsoo was walking to him.

“Thanks for talking to her, but I’ll do the reasoning with her.” Kyungsoo nodded. Gu Li looked away.

“I’ll..go back then.” Kris nodded, he glanced at Gu Li briefly before walking away.

“I’m angry.” Gu Li stated, DO nodded.

“I know. I can see that.”

Kyungsoo just wrapped one arm around her.

“But, please..dont do anything yet. People might not understand you, Li. And you and your cousin might even fight because of this.”

“But did you see earlier? He~”

“He didn’t take her side~”

“He was willing to.” Gu Li faced him, her eyes narrowing.

“Where’s Mark and Sehun?”

“Where else.” DO replied, then he automatically winced as he saw the smirk on his friend’s face.

 

 

Kris turned as he felt someone tap his shoulder.

“Gu Li~”

“Thanks for this, ge.” She smiled as she handed him his jacket back.

“Thanks for hearing me out too.”

Luhan smiled at her.

“I guess we should call you CEO by now?” He kidded, but Gu Li just stretched her palm to him.

“My escape route.”

Luhan smiled and dropped the key on her palm.

“Then, I’ll see you two~ Right, I don’t see Jilliane..?” She asked.

“She has a school function to attend.” Kris nodded, then with a smile Gu Li left.

“You just gave her a way to escape her own party.” Kris murmured, Luhan chuckled.

“We’re in the same side.” Luhan replied, then his brows rose as he noticed that his friend look bothered.

“Wae? Are you bothered?” Luhan asked.

Kris glanced at him.

 

“No.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++