011

The Game Changer

 

Gu Li sighed at her uncle, Lay’s father just patted her shoulder.

“Mei, it’s going to be fine.”

“I wasn’t expecting that this party would be big~”

“Of course, do you expect us to hold it at a pojangmacha?” He chided back, Lay snorted.

“Anyway, I’ll see you two later, Lay, don’t let her out of your sight.” The older man chuckled as he walked out of the front door.

“Well, you heard that, time to shower.” Lay grinned at her, Gu Li paused and looked at him.

“You have questions.” Lay sighed, she crossed her arms.

“I want to make a deal.”

Lay winced.

“If I do well at my job, you will try to consider not marrying her, although I don’t how you managed to delay your engagement.”

“I told you, I lost a friend.”

“Would that be….Jill’s parents?” She asked lowly, Lay paused but he nodded.

“Actually, I’m clueless on what to consider her as, she is related to Kris, right?”

“She is, he is her niece, Kris’s cousin, Wanru~”

“Wanru?” Gu Li blinked, her eyes narrowed.

“You know her?” Lay asked.

“I do, we met a few years back at New York, oh my god.” She balked.

“She and her partner died in a car accident, Kris didn’t want Jilliane to be alone, so he adopted her.”

Gu Li was quiet for a moment.

“And now, I’m going to think about that deal, go shower.”

 

 

“I bet her entrance in the business world will come with a boom.” Chen mused as he stepped in the hall, Luhan nodded beside him.

“Now you’re making bets about me?”

They both turned, Gu Li grinned at them.

“We thought since you were doing this~”

She shook her head at Chen, the huge hall that her uncle had prepared could hold up to a thousand guests, and she knew that her uncle would invite just as many people.

“If there’s one thing you don’t know about me, I hate clichés. If I enter with so much…pomp, people will just think I’m another empty can.” She nodded, she saw some females eyeing her cousin’s friends.

I guess I’m back in society.

She mentally winced.

“Where’s Lay, mei?” Luhan asked her.

“Some old man started talking to him, so I left.” She nodded, she started to glance around.

“Ge, I need to go to the front, would you hold this for me?” Gu Li placed a key in Luhan’s palm.

“What is this?” He blinked.

“My escape route, see you later.” She grinned at the two before walking towards her uncle.

 

 

Heads turned as Gu Li passed, she was dressed in a structured black Balmain gown that made her look like a warrior princess and the slit of the dress made some males dizzy.

“Uncle.” She smiled as she reached her uncle.

“I’m glad you didn’t escape, mei.”

She wanted to snort, then her uncle started to introduce her to some of his friends. Gu Li tried to smile pleasantly as she tried to match their names with their faces.

“Miss Zhang, I would like you to meet my son, Dongmin.”

Gu Li looked up, she paused as she eyed the male.

“Mei, he is Chaerin’s brother.” Her uncle prodded, Gu Li almost rolled her eyes.

“Nice to meet you, miss Zhang. How do you find Korea so far?”

“What’s there to find about it? It’s still Korea.” Her smile was pleasant, but her words made the male twitch.

“Why don’t you two talk, we have to talk.” Lay’s dad smiled at her before leaving with the other elder.

Dongmin nodded for her to walk with him, Gu Li glanced at her phone to check the time.

“A drink?”

She felt Dongmin’s pressed his palm on her back.

 

 

“What is he doing?” Tao asked.

“Suicide.” Chen chortled, Luhan and Kris followed their gazes.

“Isn’t his hand positioined too low?” Xiumin queried.

Lay winced. They could see how Gu Li was just trying to control herself as the man wrapped one arm around her, he was trying so hard to get Gu Li to talk to him.

“She looks uncomfortable.” Luhan murmured, Kris just eyed the two.

 

“I hear we’re going to be in-laws soon.” Dongmin started.

“I hope that doesn’t happen.” Gu Li replied, the male blinked and looked at her.

“What..do you mean?”

“A connection with your sister would probably taint the family name.” She nodded while looking at her glass of champagne.

Dongmin’s jaws hardened.

“Do you even know what people say about you?”

“Does it look like I care?” Gu Li sounded amused.

“You dress like a , you don’t have any manners, and they think you’re the type to sleep around and not know anything about business.”

 

 

“Ya, go over there.” Kris urged Lay as the male started to talk down at Gu Li.

Lay was about to step forward when another male appeared before them.

Gu Li was about to counter when someone stepped in between them.

“You really don’t want to go there.” Mark chuckled at him, behind him he had taken the glass of champagne from Gu Li.

“Tuan, mind you own business~”

“She’s our business, Gu.” DO had appeared, he sent Gu Li a dry look, Dongmin rolled his eyes.

“Did she sleep with the two of you now?” He cackled then he yelped in pain as another male discreetly twisted his arm.

“No, but she used to sleep under the same roof as me, so if you want to continue dissing her, we can take this outside, pretty boy.”

 

 

 

“Oh my god, they’re complete.” Lay winced.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++