052

The Game Changer

 

 

 

 

 

Gu Li took a step back, she grew confused.

“You used to wear high heels everywhere, now look at you, wearing sneakers.” Kris said lightly, he could read the questions in her eyes.

She shook her head with a smile then she glanced at her watch.

“I think I need to go, I promised Lay I would be home by four, and if I don’t leave now, he’ll go ballistic.” She nodded, she was about to head to the door when Kris caught her wrist.

“I’ll drive you back to the city.”

“Kris, Jill~”

“My secretary and driver are outside. Wait here.” He stood up and walked to the building. As soon as he was out of sight, Gu Li sighed in relief.

Just now, her heart had begun to pound wildly.

Just who is he?

 

 

Kris started the car as Gu Li put on her seatbelt.

You don’t look so well.” Kris started as they maneuvered away from the building, she could see Jilliane getting in the Rolls Royce behind them with two bodyguards.

I haven’t been getting much sleep.” She admitted as she leaned back.

Can I ask why?

She sighed, she never wanted to talk about what she just remembered but there was something about talking with Kris made her feel comfortable, and she knew he was safe.

I..remembered that I was kidnapped, I remember everything from that..place.

She noticed how his grip on the wheel tightened.

Did you talk to your doctor about it?

No, you would be the first to know, aside from Sehun and my friends. But, remembering those women, they were shot and tortured to death.” She trailed off, her lips quivering.

Gu Li, you’re safe now. Those men are behind bars. They’re gone.” He glanced at her briefly, he noticed how she quickly wiped away her tears.

“Yes, and every time I see Dongmin’s face on the news, it makes me want to grab a knife and make him swallow it.”

Kris almost smiled, somehow he was starting to see the Gu Li he knew.

Well, your cousin already made sure that their family wont exit those bars.

She nodded and relaxed on her seat, Kris bit his lip.

Did I overstep my boundaries? I did force you to let me drive you back.

Gu Li chuckled at him.

“Somehow I have a feeling you’re used to doing that to me.” She nodded, Kris could only smile back.

 

 

 

“A party…again? I’m not even cured yet.” Gu Li said, Lay grinned and turned to his cousin, they were at the study, chatting.

“Mei, you just did shopping and visited a foster home an hour away from the city.” He pointed out, Gu Li made a face at him. He sat down beside her andmade her face him.

“I know that ever since you..were realeased from the hospital we haven’t been able to talk.”

She nodded.

“I just want to say that I’m sorry and if I could turn back time I would listen to you.” Lay caressed her cheek, Gu Li paused, then she smiled.

“It’s okay, ge. I forgive you, although a big part of me wants to yell out; “I told you so.”.”

Lay chuckled.

“Now I’m sure you’re all cured.”

 

 

“Hi,” Gu Li smiled at Chen as they entered the event hall.

“It’s so good to see you, mei!” Luhan welcomed her with a hug.

“It actually feels better now that I remember how I know you guys,” She chuckled, Xiumin smiled and just took the girl’s arm and wrapped it around his.

“Come on, I’ll show you around, mei.” He nodded as they walked.

“How is she?” Luhan asked Lay as Gu Li left with Xiumin.

“Despite the little complain about attending this party, she’s okay.”

“Typical, Gu Li.” Tao mused.

“About…her and Kris? Does she..” Luhan trailed off, Lay sighed and shook his head.

 

 

Jill made a face the lady dressed in a showy yellow dress kept on talking to her father, her nose scrunched up in annoyance as they lady laughed.

“Really? I haven’t seen you in a lot of board meetings, mister Wu.” The girl chuckled again.

Oh, I’ve seen it all.” Jill muttered under her breath, Kris just nodded politely.

“I’ve been busy lately, I just send my proxy to be there for me.”

The girl laughed and touched his arm.

“Hilarious.” Jill muttered again.

 

“Thanks, ge.” Gu Li smiled as she took the champagne from Xiumin, then she noticed Kris and Jill.

Her gaze went to the girl who was talking with Kris, she was touching his arm while laughing.

Her brows met briefly, her fingers tightened around the glass.

“Mei? You okay?” Xiumin squeezed her elbow, she nodded, her eyes never leaving Kris.

“Oh, it’s Kris and Jill.” Xiumin said as he gestured for Gu Li to walk.

“Kris,” Xiumin started, the girl in front of Kris looked up.

“Mister Kim, nice to meet you.” She greeted and offered her hand, Xiumin smiled and greeted her back.

“Hi unnie!” Jill chirped, Gu Li grinned at her.

“You look beautiful, miss Zhang.” Kris nodded at her with a smile.

“Oh, you must be miss Gu Li! President Zhang’s daughter.” The girl nodded and offered her hand.

“I’m Yoo Haera from~”

“Hi, Jill, do you want to join me in search for some philly cheesesteaks?” Gu Li turned to Jill, there was a smile plastered on her face. Kris and Xiumin exchanged looks.

“That doesn’t sound so bad, unnie.” Jill nodded and took her hand.

“And no, I’m not his daughter, I’m his granddaughter, and I’m sorry I don’t feel like meeting new people right now.” Gu Li looked at the girl before heading off with Jilliane.

I think we have her back.” Xiumin said in Chinese.

 

“I think so too.” Kris said while glancing worriedly as the two stepped out of the hall.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++