049

The Game Changer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gu Li looked up as they reached the Lay’s villa, she slid down from the car and smiled at the sight of her two dogs.

“Theo, Tyke!” She chuckled as they ran to her, Lay smiled at his cousin.

“So, I invited our friends over for lunch, are you okay with that?”

“Yeah, I am~” Gu Li suddenly froze and closed her eyes.

“Mei?” Lay automatically reached for her hand, she slowly shook her head while wincing.

“I keep on having these weird..flashes and voices. This is what the doctor must be talking about.”

Lay nodded, they entered the house with the two dogs tailing after them.

“I think I need lie down a bit.” She said, Lay nodded and watched her as she climbed the stairs, he sighed before calling for the butler to prepare her things.

 

 

An hour later, guests started to arrive in the house, Gu Li was in the library when she heard the door open.

“You ready?” Sehun asked her, she smiled back and took his offered hand.

“He didn’t invite a lot of people, right?” She asked, Sehun chuckled.

“No, baby girl, just a few close friends. Even Jill is here.”

Gu Li paused, her brows furrowed briefly.

“Jill?” She asked, they reached the stairs, Sehun glanced at her.

“You..She’s Kris hyung’s daughter, you even helped her pick out a puppy.”

Gu Li just shook her head, Sehun just squeezed her hand.

“Don’t stress over it, you’ll remember everything in no time.”

 

“I don’t understand, ge, why keep things from her?” Chen asked, Tao nodded at the older male.

“Put yourself in her shoes, if you have amnesia, and then suddenly someone comes up to you and tell you that you two were dating or have a relationship. She couldn’t even remember why Mark is in town.” Kris said.

“Yeah, she even asked me who Xiumin is.” Tao frowned.

“Unnie!” Jill exclaimed, Sehun and Gu Li had just reached the bottom of the stairs, she blanched as Jill hugged her knees.

Lay looked over worriedly, then Gu Li smiled and knelt down to meet Jill’s gaze.

“Hi.” She nodded, Jill just hugged her again.

“I missed you so much, unnie. And I hate those bad guys who took you, but I brought Maxie with me.” Jill chuckled as she called over her German shepherd pup. Gu Li looked at the dog, then tears started to stain her cheeks.

“Unnie?” Jill paused.

I’m—I’m sorry, sweetie. I can remember your voice…but..I’m…I know that I know you, and you’re close to my heart..but I cant…remember.” She choked and shook her head.

And it makes me angry at myself that I can’t.

Kyungsoo pulled her up. Jill blinked at the older girl.

“I’m..sorry everyone.” She voiced out, Kyungsoo just nodded and patted her back, Kris looked away.

“It’s okay, we’re just happy you’re back with us.” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

 

Gu Li listened in as the guys chatted over lunch.

“I was that..mean?” She blinked.

“You were never not mean.” Mark pointed out, she slapped his arm.

“See?”

Everyone at the table chuckled.

“So this girl, Chaerin, how did I manage not to slam her face on the linoleum floor? Oh, sorry, sweetie. You didn’t hear that.” She looked at Jill from across her seat, Jill just nodded. Chen and Luhan exchanged glances, Gu Li also did the same thing before.

“Well, we managed to stop you, not that I agreed with it.” Luhan nodded, she laughed.

“I need to go get my phone.” Gu Li excused herself and stood up, on her way to the stairs she noticed Kris standing by the windows at the living room.

 

 

Kris looked up as he heard footsteps; he put down his wine and looked at her.

“I guess you didn’t like the steak?”

“No, Kyungsoo cooks very well.” He nodded, then Gu Li sighed in relief.

He paused.

“I just needed you to speak to me.”

“What?”

“Your voice…I keep on hearing it in my head, and sometimes I get flashbacks of you talking to me.” She ran her fingers through her hair. Kris nodded, then he slowly walked to her and took her hand in his. 

“I miss you, Li.”

Gu Li smiled at him.

“You call me Li, that means I didn’t hate you.” She grinned, Kris didn’t reply instead he just kissed the back of her hand.

She paused and stared at his face.

“You don’t look so well, are you okay?” Kris asked, Gu Li didn’t reply, instead she just looked at her nails and bit her lip. Kris paused, he pushed the door close.

“Li, I~”

Gu Li just wrapped her arms around his waist.

No, I’m not okay. I’m sick of saying I am.

 

 

He just nodded before letting her hand go, then he made his way back to the dining hall. Gu Li’s brows furrowed as she looked at his back as he went.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++