026

The Game Changer

 

Lay looked around the room, Gu Li was listlessly watching the television.

“When do I get out?” She asked.

“This afternoon, agung just arrived from Shanghai this morning.” He informed, Gu Li sighed darkly.

“What is it?”

“Did you know beforehand?”

“Shenme?” Lay sat across her, Gu Li put the remote control down.

“About them moving the date of your marriage.”

“Are we going to argue about this?” Lay asked, she shook her head.

“I had a feeling it would be moved.”

“Wae?”

The doors opened, their grandfather stepped in the room, Lay stood up to greet the elder, Gu Li just faced the screen again.

“We moved it, because you were getting too much attention, mei.”

She shook her head with a smile.

“I heard of what you did to Chaerin and her brother, what were you thinking? You claim that you just want our family’s name clean~”

Gu Li stood up, she grabbed her coat and phone from the table.

“Stay put while I’m taking to you, young lady!” He snapped, Lay gave her a pleading look.

“I don’t want to discuss this with you, agung.” She replied evenly before leaving the room.

 

 

“Oh!” Chen halted, Kris glanced at his friend, they had just arrived at the hospital lobby when they saw Gu Li, still dressed in a hospital gown step out of the elevator.

“Where is she going?” Chen muttered, they watched as she draped her coat around her and stepped out of the building, moments later a silver Audi R8 stopped in front of her, she got in the vehicle and left.

Then they saw Lay running to them.

“Did you see her? Where did~”

“She just left.” Kris interjected, his brows furrowed.

“With who?”

“Some car.” Chen nodded.

Lay groaned and cursed under his breath, leaving his two friends stunned. Lay was the calmest one in their circle, he never cursed or complained.

“Did…you fight again?” Kris asked.

“No, our grandfather arrived, they never had a good relationship.”

 

 

“Wow, is this going to be a new trend?” Changmin asked as he maneuvered out of the hospital’s curb.

Gu Li ignored his comment about her get up.

“Thanks for picking me up.”

“I promised I’d tell you if something came up, and I’m only showing you this because this oppa trusts you and trusts that you are going to buy me meat.”

She chuckled before reaching for the envelop from the backseat.

“Gu Corporation, it has been in the family for three generations. Not as old money as yours.”

“And yours.” She mused back, Changmin rolled his eyes at her.

Gu Li took out the files, her brows rose.

“Those two subsidiaries, they’re both an importing establishment.”

“What are they importing?”

“Well, the papers claim it to be silicone.”

“Silicone?” Gu Li glanced at him.

“The one used for plastic surgery, but I think they’re covering something, the other subsidiary imports vitamin supplements for children.”

Gu Li just read the documents quietly.

“…But are you okay? Why were you at the hospital?”

“Someone was adamant about admitting me, can you drop me at Sehun’s oppa?”

 

 

“So, you just walked out with your doctor’s permission?” Sehun asked, he was already dressed to attend the polo match, while Gu Li was wearing one of his shirts, she was seated on the kitchen counter, munching on take out pizza.

“Kris ge owns the hospital, I’m sure its fine.”

“Men just let you get your own way.” Sehun grumbled while dabbing the ketchup on her cheek with a napkin.

“He’s not a doctor, you yourself know that~”

“I haven’t practiced my finished course in quite a while.” She shrugged, Sehun’s eyes narrowed at her.

“Get dressed, Gu.”

“I will.”

“I mean now.”

“But I’m still hungry.”

“Take the pizza with you.” Sehun grunted as he pushed her to the guest room with the box of pizza.

 

 

Luhan smiled as Jilliane joined their table.

Post-Wedding-Brunch-1(pp_w658_h473).jpg

“It’s your first time to a match right?” Luhan kissed her head before making her sit.

“Yes, shu shu.”

Tao high fived with the girl before taking his seat beside her, seconds later, Chen, Xiumin and Kris joined their table. All eyes were on their table, mostly because most ladies wanted their attention. Their small circle of friends were composed of Asia’s old money, of course they were on everybody’s radar, especially Kris.

“Oh, he’s trap with the hag.” Chen murmured lowly, Kris and Luhan followed his gaze. Chaerin had her arm around Lay’s as they spoke to one of her fellow socialites.

“Do you think mei’s coming? Is she okay?” Xiumin asked.

“She is okay, she just walked out of the hospital this morning.” Chen shook his head, Luhan’s eyes went to Kris.

“So that’s why you look bothered.” He mused, Kris just ignored him.

The friends just resumed chatting amongst themselves, Lay and Chaerin joined their table.

“Hi, how are you Jilliane?” Chaerin pinched her cheek.

“Wo bu xihuan ni.(I don’t like you.)” Jilliane replied with a  sweet smile, Chaerin blinked at her in confusion.

“Jill, I can’t understand you.” She stammered, Luhan and Tao hid their smiles, Kris was talking with Xiumin and Lay to hear his daughter.

“It’s good you don’t.” Jilliane nodded before standing up.

 

Tao was listlessly looking around when he saw a yellow top down mustang arrive, his lips quirked up as he saw the two passengers slide down from the car.

“Most ladies here,” He spoke up, catching his friends’ attention.

“,are dressed in light and happy colors, then there’s our Gu Li.”

Kris followed his gaze, Gu Li was dressed in a graphic printed black sleeveless Versace mini dress with knee high horse riding boots. She had on a pair of oversized sunglasses to cover her face; Sehun was walking beside her, in a crisp sky blue suit.

Kris smiled and shook his head, then he stood up as one of his father’s friends called him over.

The other guests had turned quiet as the two passed.

“Gu Li,” Luhan stood up to greet her, Gu Li smiled as Luhan patted her cheek.

“Feeling better now?”

“I’m fine, ge.” She mused before joining their table, her eyes went to Chaerin.

She put her sunglasses down.

“Go change for the match, stop glaring at me.” She said to Sehun, he sent her a look before walking towards the villa. She noticed that Kris wasn’t at the table, her eyes searched the area then she saw him speaking with a young lady dressed in a Chanel skirt suit, she was laughing as she slapped his arm playfully.

“I heard you were hospitalized, are you okay now, Gu Li?” Chaerin asked.

“I’ve never been better.” Gu Li stood up when she saw Mark pass by.

Her eyes went to Lay and Kris briefly, her brows furrowed.

 

Mark winced; two ladies were talking to him endlessly. Their heavy perfumes made him a little dizzy.

Mark,” Gu Li appeared beside him, she wrapped one arm around his.

“Gu Li-ssi, hi~”

“I don’t have time for chit chat, I think you’ve managed to damage my friend’s nose, so please excuse us.”

Mark sighed in relief as Gu Li pulled him away.

I feel annoyed.” She murmured, Mark paused and looked at her face.

Why?

“Your attending physician panicked when you disappeared, miss Zhang.”

Gu Li glanced behind her, Kris was facing her with a smile on his face. Gu Li tensed, she felt her cheeks flushing.

Really? I…just wanted to get some air, ge.

Mark was about to step back but Gu Li grabbed his hand.

Kris saw the gesture, he paused.

Then, I’ll leave you two talk.” He nodded before turning away from them.

Mark just blinked at his friend.

What is wrong with you? I thought you got along with him well.

 

“I thought so too.” Gu Li muttered, then she made her way to the villa in search for Sehun or for a good place to hide.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++