035

The Game Changer

 

Dongmin smiled to himself as his men left him in his office. On his table was a photo of Gu Li speaking with Shim Changmin, he chuckled heartily before sitting down.

“Miss Zhang, how naughty of you.” He mused before stabbing the photo with a paper cutter.

“If you weren’t so nosy….” He chuckled before picking up his phone.

 

 

Gu Li wrapped her fingers around the cold drink carefully, Kris was seated across her, and they were at the hotel’s café.

I know, party-pooper Gu Li is no fun.” She mused, Kris smiled.

What’s wrong?” Kris asked, she bit her lip.

I..just found out…Lay ge…I just realized how much this…Chaerin thing is affecting him as well. I didn’t see how he…was trying to make everything look right, and yet here I am, wrecking havoc, trying to make everything…wrong.” She finished.

What…

“He doesn’t want to marry her, but he can’t disobey agung.”

I feel…stupid and useless, here I was thinking I was making everything easy for him by being~

You’re not. You’re trying to help him. Don’t blame yourself over this.” Kris shook his head, Gu Li sighed. Then Kris started to smile.

Why don’t we go back to them? I’m sure a little sun and salty air will help?” Kris nodded and rubbed his palms together, Gu Li chuckled.

“Kris, don’t do that.” She winced as they stood up.

“What?” Kris asked cluelessly.

Trying to be perky and jolly..and..stuff. Just go back to being ice prince and stuff.” She mused, Kris just laughed and pulled her to him as they walked.

 

 

Gu Li raised one brow as Lay and Chaerin walked to them, the girl was dressed in an extremely skimpy bikini that even made Gu Li uncomfortable.

“Hi, Gu Li! Finally you’re here.”

“Where else should I be?” Gu Li smiled and pulled her Hermes cover up closer to her.

“Anyway, since everyone else is here now,” Xiumin started, Jill smiled as she picked up another cookie and handed it to her father.

“No, let me propose the toast, ge.” Gu Li picked up the glass of champagne.

“To Luhan and Xiumin gege’s new resort and to my future cousin-in-law’s upcoming….sang zang(funeral).” She chuckled, Tao and Luhan almost spat their champagne. Kris hid his smile looked away.

“Gu Li,” Lay balked.

“What did she mean?” Chaerin asked with a smile.

“It meant bridal shower, I guess mei’s Korean isn’t that sharp..yet.” Chen nodded, Gu Li bumped fists with him.

 

 

Gu Li buried her toes in the sand, she had separated from the group. Then she felt someone tap her shoulder, a topless male was kneeling beside her.

“Hi, miss, my friends and I noticed you were alone ever since~” He halted as two tall males towered over him, Gu Li paused and looked up, Tao and Kris had walked to her.

“She’s not alone now.” Tao nodded flatly, the male stepped back and walked away. Kris placed his Chanel purse beside her.

“You left it at the hut.” He nodded, Gu Lu smiled and stood up, she wrapped the strap around her.

“Thanks,”

Kris glanced around them, most males were looking at Gu Li, even though she was dressed modestly in a cover up and a pair of shorts. His brows met briefly.

“So, we’re off to lunch.” Tao said as he walked with Gu Li, Kris quietly walked behind them.

“I know, that’s why you picked me up.” Gu Li chuckled, then she glanced back at Kris.

“Ge, walk with us.” She mused before tugging at his sleeve, Kris nodded.

Gu Li smiled to herself, then she paused.

What was she doing?

But somehow for the past few weeks Kris’s presence has always been a comfort to her, although sometimes she felt like it was getting awkward for her, she liked it. She liked talking to him.

 

 

Dinner was to be held at a private hall reserved by the two cousins, there was still an after party after the meal to commemorate the resort’s opening.

Lay was thinking he was the last one to arrive when he noticed that Chaerin and his cousin were both still not around.

“Gu Li?” Luhan asked him as he sat down across the table.

“I don’t know, I told her to be here by seven.” Lay replied.

“Yixing,” Kris started, his friends turned quiet and looked at him. He started to tap his fingers on the table lightly.

“I’m worried about her.”

“Ge, we all know you like her.” Chen nodded, beside him, Jilliane raised her thumbs in approval, Lay gave her a dimpled smile.

“No, not about that.” Kris voiced out again.

“She’s…not feeling well, if she talks, try to hear her out.” Kris nodded, before anyone could comment the doors opened and revealed Chaerin clad in a gold low cut dress.

“Hi, oppa.” She chirped before kissing’s Lay’s cheek and sitting beside him.

Tao and Chen winced and looked away.

Then Gu Li walked in wearing a pair of loose jeans and a long sleeve crop top.

“Don’t expect me to kiss his cheek too, I don’t even call him gege.” She smiled wanly before plopping beside Xiumin.

Soon their food was served.

“Gu Li, I heard the new project you took on, good going.” Luhan grinned at her.

“It’s nothing ge, but thank you.” She smiled, she glanced at Chaerin briefly.

“I didn’t know you really took your position seriously, Li.” Chaerin nodded, Gu Li put her utensils down.

“Well, first things first, I can be “Li” to anyone I am friendly with, to you, I don’t think so. I don’t even like you.” She picked up her wine and took a sip.

“And second of all, well, I should take this opportunity to make an announcement, you don’t mind, right, ge?” She looked at Luhan and Xiumin, the two could only nod meekly.

 

“I am going to do everything in my power just to stop your marriage from happening, third, I’m pregnant, so the priority now goes to me, I’m the one getting hitched.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++