021

The Game Changer

 

“I thought…she was..okay.” Lay said, Sehun shook his head.

“It doesn’t exactly….just go away.”

The two were inside Gu Li’s room, she was fast asleep on her bed, but she kept on tossing and turning.

Lay rubbed his temples.

“Hyung, I think it’s time you drive your fiancé home, don’t worry. I’ll watch over her.”

Lay nodded and squeezed the younger male’s shoulder before leaving.

 

 

Chaerin smiled as Lay’s car drove away from her, she turned to their front gate and took out her phone.

“I found her weakness, I think.”

Her brother chuckled from the other line.

“A woman like her has one?”

“Yes, oppa.”

“What is it?”

“Ask for someone to look into her medical records, I’m sure we will find out.” She smirked before stepping inside the house.

 

 

Gu Li signed her name on the bottom of the paper and closed the folder. Lay had been calling her every hour since this morning, she knew it was all because of what happened last night. She sighed as she realized that she should be eating lunch, she stood up and grabbed her purse.

 

Kris was having lunch with one of the directors of their company when he saw Gu Li walk in, alone.

She sat down on one of the small tables, she looked frail and tired.

Kris’s brows furrowed slightly.

He had no idea why he couldn’t not notice her.

He excused himself and walked over to her.

“Should you really be out today?”

She looked up.

“Oh, ge, sit down.” She nodded.

“You should be resting, you fainted in my arms last night.” Kris said lightly.

“Really? Fainted in your arms?” She mused, Kris nodded.

“I..had a sudden..migraine, I’m fine now.”

She turned quiet, Kris bit his lower lip.

What was he doing?

Why did he walk over here and talk to her?

He looked up, Gu Li was listlessly staring at the window.

You don’t look..okay.

I’m sorry, the Gu Li you’re used to feels a little worn out, so I’m~

“So, this is why you’ve rejected me?”

They both looked up, Dongmin was standing before them.

“Of course, you have bigger fish here, miss Zhang.”

Kris saw Gu Li wince and rubbed her temples.

“Fish?” Gu Li muttered under her breath.

“Of course, women like you, you will always go to men who can~”

“Why don’t you stop now.” Kris said, his tone flat. Dongmin chuckled.

“So, you fell for her play, mister Wu?”

Kris’s jaw clenched and unclenched, his eyes narrowed at the other male.

317446-exo-kris-67.gif

“Is harassing her very entertaining to you, director Gu?” Kris faced him.

“Whoa, so, what are you two now, a team?” Dongmin smirked, then Kris stood up, he towered over the other male.

“Shall I call the police for you? Harassment and~”

Dongmin snorted and left them, Gu Li chuckled lightly as the waiter arrived with her food.

“So, are you still going to tell me to not destroy my cousin’s wedding to that jerk’s sister?” She asked as she picked up her fork.

“If I will, are you going to listen?” Kris asked.

Nope.” She grinned before eating.

 

 

“Hmm, what I can do for you?” Gu Li looked up from her table, Kyungsoo eyed her warily.

“You contacted one of my cousins.” He sat on the couch and gestured for her to follow him.

“I did,” Gu Li nodded and stood up, she walked to the windows and crossed her arms.

“Why did you ask him to background check the Gus?” Kyungsoo asked, Gu Li glanced at him.

“I…find..it odd.”

“Mwoga?”

Gu Li exhaled, then she took out a brown A4 envelope from her desk and put it on the coffee table before DO.

“The Gus have their mother corporation, Gu Group, then they own other subsidiaries.” Gu Li said, DO opened the file and set out the papers.

“Out of this 13 subsidiaries, only two are real.”

“Real?” DO looked up.

“The addresses are fake, but these eleven fake ones are earning, their income even surpasses the real subsidiary companies. It’s weird, right?”

DO put the papers down, he pursed his lips.

“..It sounds dangerous too.” He frowned, Gu Li shrugged.

“I know, but I need to meet your cousin. Please.”

“All this just because~”

“I need to keep my family safe, don’t we all want that? Despite me being…spoiled rotten, I’d want my family’s legacy to be clean, so please..I need your help, Kyungsoo-ya.”

DO bit his lip, Gu Li rarely asked for serious favors.

“I’m doing this because if I don’t you’ll call me a hundred times a day.” DO took out his cellphone, Gu Li smiled and sat beside him.

“Thanks, you’re the best.” She just hugged his arm and leaned on him.

 

“You spoiled brat.” He muttered with a smile.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++