020

The Game Changer

 

 

“I made these, oppa.” Chaerin pointed towards the different types of rice cakes on the table.

Kyungsoo peeked from behind Gu Li’s shoulder.

What do you call them English?” Gu Li blinked at the colorful food on the table.

“Rice cakes.” Sehun nodded at her, Lay’s eyes went to his cousin.

“Gu Li, try some,” Chaerin smiled at her.

“I won’t fall for that,” Gu Li turned away from her.

“Let’s eat, Gu Li’s guests.” Gu Li hummed before hopping to the kitchen, Lay just exhaled.

 

Sehun chuckled lowly as everyone sat down, Kris saw Gu Li bumped fists with Sehun before she sat down beside Luhan and Kyungsoo.

“Right, I heard about Gu Corporation’s move to buy out Suseon Holdings, is it true?” Sehun looked up, just as he opened his mouth, Kyungsoo winced.

“..Yes, that’s about right, why?” Chaerin nodded as she sliced her steak.

“As CEO, what is your reason for purchasing Suseon, don’t they have an impending reassignment with another company?”

Chaerin blinked.

“Also, purchasing such large company with debts, isn’t it risky?” Sehun looked serious.

Kris looked down to hide his smile. Mark’s eyes went to Gu Li, they both grinned.

“What he’s saying is right, I’m curious too.” Luhan piped in.

“Ah…our decision to buy Suseon was..to have…have a holdings under our..name. I think..it’s a nice move.”

Nice move.” Gu Li nodded, the other males at the table could only nod polite.

“Of course, experienced CEOs are the best in their choice of words.” Gu Li clapped before picking up her utensils again, Lay just looked away.

 

 

Gu Li waved at Tao and Chen as they walked to their cars, then she felt someone squeeze her hand, she turned.

“Mei, I’m on your side.”

She paused, then Luhan flashed her a meaningful smile.

“You don’t like her too?”

“Who does?” Luhan kissed the back of her palm before walking to his car.

“Luhan ge, you’re the best!” She called, Luhan blew her a kiss before sliding in his Maybach, she turned to the house and found Lay and Kris looking at her questioningly.

“I smell something fishy.” Lay shook his head before walking to the kitchen again, Gu Li met Kris’s gaze, then she smiled.

“I~” She glanced at the flat screen installed in the living room, Chaerin was watching an action film.

Kris followed Gu Li’s gaze, then he paused as he heard her take a sharp intake of breath, they both could hear the male lead yelp and groan in pain as he was hit by a bat.

Gu Li started to shake, then she took a step back.

“Gu Li, are you~”

Shut that off!” Mark barked, Sehun appeared out of nowhere and unplugged the television.

“I watching that~”

“Shut up.” Sehun snapped, his eyes went to Gu Li, she had gone pale. Her eyes became unfocused and her breaths became short.

Kris’s eyes widened.

Mark….” She wheezed, then her knees buckled beneath her, before she could fall on the floor, Kris caught her by the elbows.

“Hyung, can you hold her for a while? We need to get her medication.” Sehun bounded for the stairs.

Kris could feel Gu Li shaking, he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

Gu Li just pressed her forehead on his chest, her shaking didn’t stop.

“Are..you okay?” Kris asked, his tone filled with concern.

Li, here.” Mark walked to them, he took Gu Li from Kris’s arms, he pushed two white pills into , then he lifted her in his arms.

Kris watched as Mark and Sehun brought her upstairs.

“Is Gu Li unnie okay, daddy?” Jilliane walked to him, Kris looked up then he saw Lay leaning against the kitchen counter, there was an unfathomable expression on his face before he turned away from them.

 

Kris just glanced at the girl before nodding to his daughter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++