042

The Game Changer

 

 

“This is better than barbeque at Yixin g’s place, right?” Kris asked as he flipped the meat, Jill was playing a few meters away from them.

“Yeah, at least I don’t need to push Chaerin towards the grill.” Gu Li pointed out, Kris chuckled.

“Right, Jill’s been…wanting to get a dog.” Kris started.

“Really? What breed?” Gu Li asked.

“That’s where I need your advice, doctor.” Kris placed some of the meat on the plate.

“Does she want those cute types? Like, Chihuahuas? Poodles?”

“I asked her this morning, she said she wanted a Pitbull or a Rottweiler.” Kris said with a grimace, Gu Li chuckled.

“I don’t think she’s ready for those breeds.” Gu Li sat down, Kris sat across her.

“Why don’t we take her out? I know a few breeders around the city. Then she can see the pups, maybe she can decide what she really wants.”

Kris smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Thank you.”

Gu Li nodded and laced her fingers together, her brows furrowed.

“Don’t even try lying that nothing’s bothering you.” Kris stated, she met his gaze.

“Before…I picked you up from the airport..or should I say before you arrived, I walked out on my friends, I was so pissed back then. Then earlier today, Chaerin embarrassed me in front of my family and later I had a fight with Lay. Pretty awesome, huh?” She nodded to herself, Kris sighed and leaned back on his seat.

I know it’s rude of me to fight with~

“Maybe it’s time to tell the truth? I mean, if this lie you’re….hiding is hurting you, I think Gu Li you should..just…”

“It’s not just that, Kris. I just found out that Gu Li’s family, has been illegally importing prohibited substances in our country. They even have connections with the Chiense mafia.”

Kris tensed, he studied her face.

“..What have you been doing?”

Gu Li took the cup of coffee in her hands and bit her lip.

“I hired someone to do some research, and this is what they found out.”

“Gu Li what you’re doing is dangerous, if they find out that you’ve been checking on them, they will hurt you.”

She shook her head.

“They can’t, and they wont. If they hurt me, the marriage is off. And they need our connections.”

Kris frowned at her, Gu Li smiled and stood up to call Jill.

Let’s have dinner then.

 

 

“Okay, so, why are we here?” Chen asked as he sat down, Luhan and Xiumin were beside him, while Tao was standing by the window taking a call.

“We need to talk about our baby girl.” Sehun pointed out, Mark winced and Kyungsoo sent him a look.

“We think, it’s getting out of hand. Gu Li..she’s very unstable right now.” DO stated, Tao sat down.

“Is this about her being pregnant?” Xiumin asked, then Kai walked in.

“She’s not pregnant.” Kai shook his head and plopped down.

“False alarm?” Tao blinked, Sehun rolled his eyes at him.

“No, she staged that pregnancy thing to push back Lay hyung’s wedding.” DO said carefully, the males before them turned quiet, stunned.

“Okay, so, you guys done thinking?” Mark sat up.

“Why did you call us all?” Luhan asked.

“Because,”

Tao sighed and tossed a set of photos on the table.

“Because of that?” He asked, DO winced as Mark picked up the photos, they were photos of Kris and Gu Li eating out and just being together.

“Oooh, I knew they would end up together.” Kai chuckled, he quieted down as DO sent him a look.

“You’re close with Kris, and we would really want you to ask him to take care of her and talk her out of whatever she’s planning.” DO said, Chen nodded slowly.

“But to think of it, the main problem here is Lay hyung, why wont he listen to Li?” Kai voiced out.

“It’s always been duty to family for him, I don’t think..he’ll ever listen.” Xiumin looked away.

“What is he going to wait until she gets hurt?” Sehun shook his head.

“We just need to watch over Gu Li now, she seems so….troubled.” Mark nodded.

 

 

Gu Li stared up at the house as Kris pulled over.

“You promised me you would stay here~”

“I know.” She muttered, Kris smiled and got down from the car. Gu Li did the same and leaned against the car’s door.

You really want me to be under the same roof as Chaerin? You said they could hurt me.

Kris chuckled as she whined, anything to get her out of Lay’s house.

“Well I cant have you stay at your condo alone and you don’t want to stay at my place.”

She made a face at him, Kris smiled and just wrapped his arms around her.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow, don’t worry.” He said before letting go, Gu Li just sighed and kissed his cheek.

 

 

Nightie, night.” She said darkly before stomping towards the front door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++