044

The Game Changer

 

Gu Li nodded as the house help took her duffel and brought it down, she picked up the brown envelope Changmin had given her a few days ago and sighed.

“Butler Song?” She called as she picked up her Chanel purse and headed out of her room, she found the middle aged man waiting for her outside with a smile.

“I wish you a safe trip, young miss, but I do hope you would consider bringing your chauffeur with you.” He said good-naturedly.

“It’s okay, but, can you please send this over to Mister Wu?”

“At his office, young miss?” He asked as he took the envelope, Gu Li paused, then she shook his head.

“No, send it to his home please.”

 

 

 

Lay looked up as he heard Gu Li descending from the stairs.

“Theo, Tyke!” Gu Li called, her two dogs came running to her and headed out of the front door and leaped inside the Land Rover’s backseats.

He saw Gu Li making her way to the front door.

“Mei!” He called out, Gu Li paused and turned to him, Lay made his way towards his cousin.

“How long will yo be staying at Incheon?”

“A few days, I’m just forty minutes away. Don’t worry.” She shook her without meeting his gaze. Lay nodded, he kissed her cheek.

“I’ll see you then.”

Gu Li just nodded back and stepped out of the house, Lay sighed heavily as he watched the silver Land Rover speed away.

 

 

Kris smiled as Jill petted her four-month-old German shepherd lovingly.

“Is Gu Li unnie coming over today, daddy?”

Kris shook his head.

“She’s a bit busy this week, she has to drive for Incheon, Jill.”

They were at the garden, Kris was sitting on the lounge chair, reading while Jilliane was playing with her pet.

“About her marrying another man, it’s not true, right?” Jill asked, she stood up and sat down beside Kris. Kris glanced at his daughter with a smile.

“Yes, she lied she was pregnant in order to help uncle Lay, why do you ask?”

Jill pursed her lips, she looked at her palms with a frown.

Jill? Is something wrong?” Kris took her hand into his, Jilliane shook her head.

“It’s just that…I don’t want her to be not your girlfriend,”

Kris blinked.

I mean, I want her to come live with us.” Jilliane finally looked up, Kris could only smile.

“You want me to marry her?”

If that’s not too much to ask.” Jill shrugged, Kris chuckled.

“No, it’s not too much.”

 

 

Sehun flexed his neck as he stepped out of the meeting room, it had been quite a long day for him and he wanted nothing but to go home and eat.

“Sir! Sir!”

He looked up as his secretary came running to him, he blinked.

“It’s your friend!” He said in a panicky tone.

“Friend? Who?” Sehun asked.

 

Kyungsoo dropped his MacBook on the floor, Mark choked on his sandwich as they heard the news from the television, the two were at Mark’s office planning a small gathering for Gu Li when they saw her wrecked car on TV.

What the ?” Mark balked.

“Gu Li.” Kyungsoo breathed as he grabbed the remote control.

 

 

 

Lay rubbed his temples as the anchorwoman went on.

It is now confirmed that the driver and owner of the car is Director Zhang Gu Li of Zhang Empire, as of now, no one knows of her whereabouts.

Lay looked at the screen, there was a live feed of Gu Li’s car accident, her Land Rover had hit an electric post, but when the authorities came, she wasn’t at the scene. In fact, she was nowhere to be found.

“Sir, the helicopter is ready.” His secretary announced, Lay bounded out of his office and made his way to the elevator.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++