032

The Game Changer

 

 

Kris sighed again, Jilliane was smiling triumphantly. They were on their way to Jill’s academy when the young girl brought out the bag of candies and trinkets from her party.

“You want me to bring them to Gu Li?”

“Yes, since I forgot to give them to her, daddy.”

Kris just scratched the back of his head, even though he decided to let his growing feelings for Gu Li be, he wasn’t so sure about always seeing her. It made him nervous and he didn’t like how Gu Li could be so unpredictable.

“Please, daddy?” Jilliane started to tug on the sleeve of his Dolce and Gabbana suit jacket.

Kris could only nod and kiss the crown of her head.

 

Gu Li nodded as her secretary spoke.

“And, director, the president requests your presence during lunch.”

She looked up from her Macbook, her brows rising.

“Lunch? With who?”

“With vice president Zhang and miss Gu.” Her secretary winced, she knew how much her boss hated her cousin’s fiancé.

“Can I decline?”

“..Uhm, no. The president left clear~”

There was a knock on the door, Gu Li’s other secretary appeared with Kris.

Is this a bad time?” Kris asked carefully as he was guided in.

Gu Li’s brows rose, then she smiled.

“There it is, Sec. Noh, my lunch appointment. I don’t think he’d want me to cancel on Wu Empire, right?” She pressed her palms together.

“Yes.. of course, then I’ll be leaving.” The two secretaries left, Gu Li chuckled and gestured for Kris to sit.

“What brings you here, mister Wu?”

“Did you just use me as an alibi?” Kris smiled as he sat down.

“Sort of. But, don’t worry, maybe I’ll just order take out.” Gu Li chuckled, she waved for Theo and Tyke to come to her, Tyke was the one who went running to her, while Theo kept his eyes on Kris.

“Jill made me come here actually.” Kris said as Tyke climbed on the couch beside Gu Li.

“Really? Why?”

Kris produced the bag of candies and party trinkets from the paper bag he was bringing and placed them on the coffee table between them. Gu Li chuckled.

“Now I know who you really work for.” She teased as she opened the bag.

“But still, thanks ge. Tell her I say thank you too.”

Then the doors suddenly opened, Gu Li blinked.

“Ma’am, we’re sorry. He forced himself~”

“It’s fine.” Gu Li waved them away, she stood up and let the male in. Kris halted, the male’s face looked familiar.

“Oppa, what~”

Changmin handed a manila envelope to her.

“I wanted to show them to you personally, but call me when you’ve read through them.” There was a meaningful look in his eyes, Gu Li nodded slowly. Changmin grinned and bopped her forehead before leaving.

Kris glanced at her, Gu Li dropped the envelope on the table and faced him.

“He’s…part of the security team for the company.” She fibbed before plopping down again.

Then Kris stood up, he took her camel colored coat from the rack and looked at her.

“What~”

“I’m your alibi, remember?”

Gu Li stood up and blinked, Kris smiled before walking to her, he draped the coat around her.

“Lunch appointment with Wu Empire, right? Come on.”

“But, ge, it’s fine, I wouldn’t want to bother you~”

“You’re not, let’s go.” Kris pressed; he squeezed her arm before stepping out of the room.

 

 

“Wow, no chauffeur today.” Gu Li mused as she slid in the Murcielago, Kris just closed the door for her.

“So, what would you like to have?”

“Ge, it’s just ten thirty in the morning, we can’t eat lunch yet.” She rolled her eyes, Kris started the car and started maneuvering out of the lot.

“At least I saved you from lunch with Chaerin.”

She chuckled as she leaned back on her seat.

“The wedding’s in seven weeks, I don’t know if it’s time I pick a dress to wear.”

“So, you’re not going to stop it?”

I never talked about giving up.” She nodded, Kris smiled.

Then should I say “keep up the good work”?

Thank you very much.” She mused, then she noticed that they had stopped in front of a café.

“But, why a café? Lunch~”

“I promised you patbingsu, remember?” Kris nodded before killing the engine, Gu Li nodded and slid down from the car.

 

 

“So, who’s this guy?” Kai dropped the printed gossip article on the table, Sehun winced, Mark picked up the paper and grinned.

“What is it to you?” Kyungsoo asked irritably.

The four friends had gathered at a posh Chinese restaurant, well Kai had badgered them to hang out.

“I’m curious, besides, I think this guy, matched her well.” Kai nodded as he picked up a kropek and popped in his mouth.

“Hearing that from an ex-boyfriend…” Mark looked confused.

“I just sense trouble. Just trouble.” Sehun nodded.

“His name is Kris Wu, of Wu Empire. I have no idea if~” DO started to speak.

“He likes her. It’s obvious.”  Sehun interjected, earning a glare from his friend. Kai smiled and rubbed his palms.

“Don’t even think about it.” Mark shook his head.

“Too late.” Kai chuckled.

“Just how are you going to do this? Tie them together?” DO snapped.

“Ani, that time, at the polo match. I could sense it, he likes her. But he’s not moving, not saying anything,”

So?

“We have to make him move and speak.” Kai nodded, the waiter came with their food.

“Just how do you plan to do that?” Sehun asked.

 

 

“That’s easy, I’m going to make him jealous.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++