036

The Game Changer

 

Everyone at the table dropped their utensils; Jilliane gaped at her before getting down from her chair. Chen was still having trouble on swallowing his shrimp and Tao was still dabbing his lip from choking on his juice.

Bad unnie.” She said before running out of the room, Gu Li exhaled before facing the group again.

“Mei…” Lay was shocked, he looked at her with wide questioning eyes, Gu Li smiled and put her glass down.

“Well, I shouldn’t have drunk that.” She nodded to herself.

“I’m sorry Lay.” She looked at her plate and shook her head.

“I need to excuse myself, I have a call to make.” She pushed her chair back and left, Kris’s brows furrowed but he continued to eat quietly.

 

 

“Hyung!” Chen balked at the older male.

Kris glanced at him.

“Arent you even going to…follow her? Ask her who the father is?” Chen chided, Tao nodded.

Kris didn’t reply, Xiumin sent Chen a look. The younger male pouted and looked away.

“You really had no idea she was..pregnant? What if she’s lying?” Xiumin asked.

“We know Gu Li jie, ge. She’s never the type to lie or play with words.” Tao nodded. Chaerin glanced at Lay.

“Does she really plan to stop the wedding? The elders would~”

“The elders aren’t the problem now, my cousin is pregnant!” Lay snapped, he pushed his plate away and left the room.

Chaerin looked away and bit her lip, underneath the table; she curled her fists in annoyance.

 

Gu Li walked away from the hall quickly, she took out her phone and stepped out towards the garden.

“Hey, baby girl!”

“Kai.” She stated.

“Yes?” Kai chuckled.

“I’m pregnant and you’re the father.”

There was a brief pause from the other line.

“Okay, so, do I get to name the child?”

Gu Li groaned and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Kim Jongin!”

He chuckled.

“What are you playing, Gu Li?” He finally asked in a serious tone.

“I have a wedding to stop.”

“So you decide that you’re pregnant, and with your supposed to be growing tummy you want to stop a matrimonial event?”

“You’re not helping.” She sighed again.

“Fine, I know you’re out of town, call me when you get back. We need to talk if you’re making me the father of the child.”

“There is no child.” Gu Li sighed again.

“I know, I’m just practicing.” He chuckled before ending the call, Gu Li put her phone down and just leaned against the back of one of the wooden benches.

Gu Li took a deep breath and hugged herself.

I’m sorry for Jill’s outburst.

She jumped and found Kris walking to her, she smiled and shook her head.

It’s fine, ge. Wanru jie must have taught her well, she knows the value of marriage.

Kris nodded, then he stepped towards her, he met her gaze evenly. Gu Li blinked and looked away.

I don’t know what you’re playing, but please remember that I’m always here if you need me.” Kris said, Gu Li smiled without looking at him.

“I knew you’d say that, thanks.

“I’m not joking, Gu Li.” Kris shook his head.

“Ge, I know, I~”

“You’re not taking me seriously.” Kris nodded seriously, Gu Li turned quiet.

I might get slapped for this, but hey, you only live once, right?” He smirked, Gu Li blinked.

What~

Kris cupped her cheek and pressed his lips against hers.

 

 

I’ll wait for you, miss Zhang.” He said before leaving.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++