030

The Game Changer

“I saved a horse, my ex-boyfriend appeared, I chased after him barefoot and Kris ge seems cold to me. I spent the day quite nicely, thanks for asking. Did I mention how Oh Sehun ditched me at the party?” Gu Li was on the phone with Kyungsoo, she was in her room, pacing back and forth. Theo and Tyke, were already ignoring their master.

She just had her breakfast, and she had no plans to start her Sunday early.

“Sehun did mention Kai appeared.” DO nodded.

“You don’t get the point, why is that~”

“Kai’s back. He’s to take over their business too, just like you.” DO intercepted, Gu Li sighed.

“Why are you so bothered? It’s not like you still have feelings for him.”

“I don’t, but he~”

She paused when Lay entered her room.

“We have a party to attend.” He said, Gu Li put her phone down.

“Party? Again?” She whined, Lay chuckled before matting down her messy hair.

“Yes, it’s Jill’s birthday today.”

Gu Li paused, she remembered promising Jilliane to come to her party.

“I’ll get dressed in a few, ge, where is it?” She asked.

“At the Wu residence, I’ll send you the address later.”

She paused, and reached for her cousin’s arm.

“You’re..going to pick her up?”

Lay just kissed her forehead before leaving her room.

“Gu Chaerin and Agung. Heol. Ugh.”

 

 

Gu Li was dressed in a pair of denim ripped jeans, a white dress shirt that hugged her curves well and a pair of white Pigalle pumps as she slid in her white BMW convertible. Her phone pinged and received and address from Lay, she typed it in the car’s GPS monitor before setting off.

“Kai’s back. He’s to take over their business too, just like you.”

“Why are you so bothered? It’s not like you still have feelings for him.”

She exhaled as she drove off.

Then she suddenly realized the address she typed on the monitor, she never knew that Kris lived somewhere a little far from the city.

 

 

limestone-english-manor-in-mahwah-new-je

Chaerin gaped in awe as they pulled over in front of the Wu mansion. Lay killed the Porsche’s engine and opened the door for her.

“So, this is where he lives? With Jilliane too?” Chaerin sounded excited, Lay could almost see his younger cousin roll her eyes if she were with them.

“Yes, but on weekdays they stay at their house in Gangnam.” Lay nodded politely, they saw the princess inspired canopy tents at the vast garden ahead of them.

“Then let’s go oppa!”

 

 

Gu Li sped through the gates, she yawned slightly as she stepped on the gas then she saw the house, she paused briefly and searched for the parking area.

“He has an estate.” She murmured as she noticed the greenery before her, she parked her car and effortlessly slid down from the vehicle.

“Finally!” Tao hopped to her, she chuckled and took his offered arm as they walked towards where the guests were.

“You seem excited.” Gu Li grinned as she let Tao pull her to the crowd.

“Jill’s been looking for you ever since, jie.” He mused, Gu Li just nodded, they reached the large canopy and she was welcomed by a hug from the birthday celebrant herself.

Happy birthday, sweetie!” Gu Li leaned down to kiss her cheek.

I’m glad you came, unnie, come with me!” Jilliane took her hand and pulled Gu Li to the playground Kris had installed for the party.

 

 

“What is this?” Luhan jutted his lips as he looked at the guests around them.

“What?” Xiumin asked, he was holding onto a party bag Jilliane had given him.

“It’s amazing, did Kris hyung just instruct his secretary to invite guests?” Chen walked to them.

“The question is, did he even look at the guest list.” Xiumin chuckled.

“The female guests..” Luhan trailed off, his brows rose in amusement.

They looked around them, most of the female guests were dressed in a fitted crop top and figure fitting skirt ensemble.

“Why are they all dressed like Gu Li? Now they’re copying her after bad mouthing her? What kind of dog ~”

“Luhan,” Xiumin cut him off, Luhan made a face.

“And, yet our favorite girl is wearing jeans today.” Chen chortled.

 

Gu Li chuckled as Jill ran off with a friend towards the slide, she crossed her arms as she looked around her, the garden was huge and somehow the house took her breath away, she was reminded of the Zhang residence in Beijing.

Then her eyes went to the guests gathered at the canopy, she smiled as she saw Kris being trapped by two women who were constantly trying to talk to him.

 

“Hey, ge.” Kris felt an arm hook around his, he watched as the two ladies in front of him stared at Gu Li briefly then they backed off with a stiff smiles.

Kris tensed slightly, Gu Li blinked as she noticed his discomfort, she let go.

Great party.” She smiled.

Has Jill dragged you to the slide yet? She made Tao and Lay get on the thing.” Kris jutted his lips towards the enormous red slide, Gu Li chuckled.

“My cousin? Even the seesaw freaks him out.” She looked at the playground, her lips quirking up.

Kris looked at her, then he felt it again, his thoughts fighting.

“Uhm, Gu Li?”

Gu Li’s eyes went back to him.

Would you want a tour?

“..Tour?

Around the house, I mean. Since I’m going to get something inside..” Kris trailed off, his brows met briefly.

Sure, sounds fun.” Gu Li’s smile made him relax, then he gestured for her to follow him to the house.

 

Kris pushed the double doors and let Gu Li in.

aaa.jpg

“Jill’s nine today, right?” She asked as she waited for him, Kris nodded as he walked beside her. Gu Li was silent as she looked around while walking.

So..do you like it?

What? The foyer?” She mused, then she paused as she realized that Kris was serious.

“Who am I to judge your ancestral home, ge? It’s not just pretty, it’s gorgeous.” She nodded, Kris nodded quietly.

“This..is the living room, my pa likes to collect art pieces, you can have a look, I’ll be across the hall.” Kris patted her shoulder, Gu Li nodded and began walking around, she could hear Kris’s footsteps away from her.

She smiled as she noticed a picture of Kris and Jilliane stuck on one of the porcelain vases.

“Jilliane.” She chuckled, then she noticed the very out of place box of crayons on the mahogany table placed at the center of the room. Gu Li smiled to herself, then she walked across the hall, she could hear Kris shuffling about in the room. She silently stepped through the doors, Kris had his back to her as he searched for something on his desk, Gu Li walked towards the shelves, then she halted as she noticed a phot of Kris, an unknown female and Jilliane.

Her brows furrowed slightly, then she glanced at Kris.

Kris,

Kris paused, he was surprised she was in the room with him.

“Who is she? I haven’t met her...right?” Gu Li asked while pointing towards the photo.

Kris’s eyes landed on the framed photograph.

“If I have…I would remember.” Gu Li mumbled to herself, her eyes still on the photo, Kris just looked away, his fingers curled around his phone tightly.

 

“But, she’s beautiful. Is she your girlfriend?”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++