-002

The Game Changer

Lay stepped out of  Songhee’s complex, he was met by his secretary.

“We just found out, sir.”

He produced a brown envelope from his coat pocket, with a sigh Lay opened the item.

“This..When was this?”

“Just two days ago, sir.”

“Have you contacted Gu Li?”

“Not yet, sir.”

“Good, don’t.”

Lay browsed through the photos of his grandfather meeting with the famous Gus.

“And Chairman’s secretary just contacted me, he wants to meet you tomorrow.”

Lay closed his eyes briefly.

“Sir~”

“I’ll be going home, bring the car around.”

 

 

Songhee dashed out of the elevator, she looked for Kris’s office, she was met by his secretary.

“Good afternoon, miss Lee.” He greeted.

“Can I come in?” She paused, the male nodded, he stood up from his seat and opened the door for her.

She found Kris sitting on the his desk, his palms were planted against his forehead.

“Kris~”

He looked up, his eyes troubled.

“What happened?”

Kris just wrapped his arms around her.

Just an hour ago, he had received a call from New York, his only cousin, Wanru and her husband died in a car accident.

“Pa’s already flying there, but….they have a child.” Kris let go of her.

“Jilliane, right?” Songhee frowned at the news, she met the couple two years ago, she could remember the chubby cheeked daughter.

“Once the papers are settled…she might be sent under foster care.”

Songhee could see the confusion in his eyes, she swallowed.

“You want to~”

“I want to be her legal guardian for the time being, I cant stand the fact that another family might~”

“Kris, why are you doubting?” Songhee cupped his cheek, Kris bit his lip.

“We’re going to be married in weeks, I don’t want you to think~”

“Call the authorities, Jilliane should be our number one priority now, if you want to take her in, it’s okay. She’s your niece, she’s family.”

“You…don’t mind?”

Songhee just gave him a quick kiss.

“Call them.”

 

 

It was all over the news. Wu Wanru, or better known as Jenna Wu, was one of Asia’s known socialites. She was the only daughter to the deceased Wu Shen Hua, everyone knew about the Wus. The family had been in the upper class circles since the rise of economy in Asia. In other words, the Wus were “old money”, untouchable and unreachable. That’s why her husband’s and her passing was such big news, they have left their daughter as the other heir to large Wu empire.

Luhan put down the newspaper, Lay was across him, staring off to space.

“Any news from Kris?” He asked, Lay didn’t reply, Luhan sighed and snapped his fingers at his friend, Lay blinked and looked at him.

“What, ge?”

“What’s wrong with you lately? You’ve been spacing out.”

Lay frowned and refused to answer.

“I was wondering about Kris.”

“I heard he was trying to process his niece’s papers, as soon as their memorial services end, his niece will be flying here to live with him.”

“I feel bad for that child, such young age…” Luhan shook his head, Lay nodded but his thoughts were elsewhere.

Just three days ago, his father had spoken to him.

 

He wanted to Lay to marry the Gus’ only daughter.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++