003

The Game Changer

 

 

Zhang Gu Li scratched her head as the strong beats Beyonce’s Crazy in Love started blasting off from her wall mounted Bose speakers.

It was an alarm, it was supposed to be just a plain alarm, and she had an idea who had the guts to change it.

Her housemate.

She mentally cursed and waved her hand twice for the alarm to stop, she sat up, grabbed her silk gown and headed out.

She found him in the kitchen.

“Ya!”

Her roommate just flashed her a cocky grin.

“Your company called.” He said casually as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

“My family’s company.” She corrected before she picked up the tablet on the table, she eyed the number.

“Did they say why?”

He just shrugged at her.

Gu Li’s brows rose briefly but she just tossed the tab on the couch and walked to the veranda, she smiled as the warm sun of Florida greeted her.

“Don’t you even miss home?”

“No, go out and do your thing.” She spat without turning to him, she heard him chuckle before heading out of the house, seconds later she saw the Audi A9 speed away from the two floor villa she shared with the driver.

 

 

Jilliane grinned as the elderly butler stepped in the dining room with a fresh batch of cookies.

“Young miss.” He smiled warmly as he put down the tray. The child smiled and picked a piece.

“They’re good, ahjussi!” She said in an accented Korean.

“Would you like to bring some to your uncle?”

Jilliane nodded, she transferred some of the cookies to another plate and grabbed one of the glasses and filled it with freshly squeezed orange juice.

“I’ll help you bring it to his study, young miss.” The man picked up the tray and followed her as she hopped to her uncle’s study.

 

Jilliane pushed the oak doors open, she found her uncle sitting on his desk, she was used to the fact that the adult she lived with worked on weekends.

Jill?” He looked up and welcomed her with a warm smile, before Jill reached him she noticed a framed photograph on the shelf, her brows met as she was met by the smiling face of her uncle’s almost wife.

She was there when she died, and even her young mind could process how hurt her uncle was. And he still is hurting up to now.

“The cookies I made are done.” Jilliane said, Kris smiled at her Korean.

“Really?” Kris thanked the butler as he put down the tray on the coffee table, the man quietly left.

“Yes, come samchon.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the table.

“Uncle, you work too much.” The eight year old chided in her usual bossy tone, Kris had to smile.

Have you been studying?

Korean? Yes, but the kids at school are…” She shuddered, just like her mom, Jilliane had that certain air around her, she was quiet when she was with new people and she rarely enjoyed the company of other kids.

Just like Wanru.

“I’m bored.” She said as she plopped flat on her back on the leather couch across Kris. He picked up the glass and took a sip, then his eyes landed on the photo behind Jill, his heart clenched and his chest tightened.

It had been months since he lost her.

Kris swallowed and faced Jilliane.

“Where would you like to go?”

Can we visit uncle Tao? He promised he would show me his airplanes!

 

Gu Li got in her Mercedes Benz convertible, she placed her Hermes Birkin on the front seat beside her, she ran her fingers through her blonde hair before getting her phone.

She was about to call one of her friends when she noticed a certain article on her Twitter feed, she pressed on the link then her eyes widened.

What the ?” She choked as her eyes scanned the article.

 

Zhang Yixing, heir to Zhang Empire, to wed next month.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++