040

The Game Changer

 

People at the party congratulated Gu Li and Kai wherever they went, Lay remained quiet while Chaerin was confused on what to do, their wedding was moved to make way for Jongin and Gu Li’s.

“Well, you look frustrated.” Gu Li walked to them.

“Mei,” Lay warned.

“It wasn’t for her, it was for you, Lay.” She stated flatly.

“What do you want?” Lay asked.

“Agung’s looking for you.”

Lay nodded and left without a word, Gu Li looked at Chaerin.

“Are you happy now? You got what you want.” Chaerin faced her.

“Of course, I am. I’m a few steps closer in getting rid of you.”

“Well, great job at getting knocked off by the way, people were right, you are woman with no morals, only money.” Chaerin snapped, before Gu Li could reply, Jilliane appeared beside her with Theo in tow.

“I think he doesn’t like it when you harass his owner.” Jill added, then Theo started to growl at Chaerin, before Gu Li could react she and Jill were pulled away from the room.

 

 

What are up to, young lady?” Kris asked pointedly, they were at the garden, away from the party.

Well, I was just~

“Gu Li, not you.” Kris sighed as he loosened his bowtie, Jill had her arms crossed and lips pursed as she sat on the bench. Gu Li smiled at Theo before leaning down to pet him.

I heard her talking to unnie like that, I hated it. Then I saw Theo outside.

Jill, it’s a party and it’s not even our house.” Kris stated.

Oh, you can think of it as yours too honey,~” Gu Li trailed off as Kris gave her a look.

…or not.” She nodded before looking away.

Just behave, okay? Now go back inside, I’m sure uncle Zitao is looking for you.

Jill ran back to the house, Kris looked at Gu Li.

So, dad, can I eat ice cream after dinner?”  Gu Li teased, Kris shook his head and just sat on the bench. Gu Li plopped beside him.

“Is this…hard for you? I mean we can’t…tell anybody about us.”

“It’s not, but I think you’ve had enough hanging out with Kai for tonight, right?” Kris patted her knee, she grinned.

“Patbingsu?” Gu Li asked, Kris smiled.

“Is this your way of trying to escape your party?”

But you’ll still help me anyway.” She chuckled before pulling Kris with her.

 

Gu Li nodded along as the meeting went on, her older cousin has been ignoring her for weeks, he wont even look at her  from across the chair he was sitting.

“Okay, that would be all for today.”

She glanced up as Lay stood up, she sighed before standing up.

Ge, talk to me.” She said in Chinese as she caught up with him. Lay glanced at her, he didn’t even stop walking.

Do you want me to ask why you disappeared at your own party two nights ago? I’m all up for it.” Yixing replied, Gu Li exhaled as she walked.

Ge, I was~

Yeah, with you Li there always has to be an explanation, well I don’t feel like hearing it now.

Where is this coming from, Zhang Yixing?” She pulled his arm and made him stop walking.

You are creating mess. Mei, please stop being so good at it, I’m tired of cleaning up after you.

 

 

Hi.” Gu Li said as she picked up the phone.

Unnie, daddy just made me call you, here he is!” Jill chirped from the other line, Gu Li smiled as she browsed through the documents on her desk.

Are you busy?

“No, is something wrong?” She asked.

Well, I need to fly to Beijing in an hour.

Gu Li paused.

“Really?”

“Yes, it’s an emergency meeting, Li, I~”

Don’t explain. I understand. When will you be back?” She asked.

“Tomorrow afternoon.” Kris replied.

“Then…I’ll pick you up. Barbeque at…..Lay’s place?

Kris paused from the other line.

Is…everything alright?” He asked.

Yes, I was just…

Did you and Lay fight again? Li, I can come over now and just fly tomorrow.” Kris stated.

“No, you don’t need to….I just..” Gu Li rubbed her temples.

“Gu Li, I can push it back, I’ll~"

No, it’s fine. I will see you tomorrow.

“We’ll talk about this, right?”

“No escape from that.” Gu Li mused before putting the phone down, then she looked up as he secretary led Changmin in her office, she blinked and stood up to greet him.

“Oppa.” She said, the older male placed a large envelope on her table.

“We have it now, everything against the Gus.”

 

Sehun winced as the dart arrow just missed his head. Mark looked at Gu Li and scratched the back of his head.

This is what I get? After doing all those things?! I get asked to stop creating a mess?!” Gu Li threw another arrow again, Kyungsoo looked up from his laptop. They were at Sehun’s place, trying to have a peaceful night of hanging out.

“This is what we get? After handing you over to Kris? I get to be human dart board?” Sehun piped in. Gu Li tossed the arrows on the table.

“Oh gee, I don’t know, do I look like I need you to remind me that you see me as an object to be handed over?” She retorted hotly, DO and Mark looked up.

“Li, it’s a just joke, we love you.” Mark said carefully, she shook her head and just grabbed her purse.

“Where are you going?” DO asked, he stood up.

“Home.”

“But Chaerin’s there.” Kyungsoo reasoned.

“I’m a Zhang, we have six houses in Gangnam alone.” She snapped before storming out. Kyungsoo and Mark looked at Sehun.

“I was~”

Kyungsoo threw a book at him.

 

Tonight, you get to be human dart board, squirt.” Mark stated.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++