038

The Game Changer

 

 

Kris blinked as Gu Li pulled away from him, she grinned.

“Gu Li,” Kris said, she shook her head at him.

“My friends told me…well, they made me realize a lot of stuff for the past few days…this is the result, Kris.”

He started to smile and slowly wrapped his arms around her, Gu Li sighed and just pressed her cheek against his chest.

Thank you.” He murmured.

Well, you’re kind of the only person who saw through me right away. And sometimes the only person who calls me out on my crap, so….” She chuckled lowly, Kris nodded.

I heard about dinner tonight.” Kris nodded.

Dinner? What dinner?

The one your agung scheduled, I think it’s about…that.” Kris’s eyes went to her stomach.

“Huh.”

“Huh.” Kris nodded.

Wait, for real?!” She balked.

Yes, Kyungsoo told me in advance.” Kris kissed her forehead before offering her to sit.

Wow, thanks for telling me in advance, Kris.” She muttered darkly.

I was about to but then you kissed me.” Kris replied with a grin, Gu Li sent him a look before whipping out of her phone.

 

 

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?!” Gu Li snapped at her three friends, Kris was seated on the couch, listening as the conversed.

“Well, we assumed you knew about your impending doom.” Sehun pointed out flatly.

Li, the party is about you, we thought you knew.” Mark nodded.

“Who told you to play pregnant lady anyway?” Kyungsoo replied snarkily. Kris grew amused as he listened.

“I told you poisoning her with horse tranquilizer was a good idea.” Sehun sighed as he plopped down on her bed.

“Before you say anything about needing an escape route, there’s none.” Mark told her, Gu Li just sighed.

Thanks, mister Tuan.” She said dryly.

“I supposed you don’t have any suggestions, right?” Sehun looked at Kris, Gu Li faced him.

Kris paused as he felt the gazes on him.

“Right, we kind of handed her over to you, so,” Kyungsoo stood up, he poked Gu Li’s cheek before walking to the door.

“Try to calm her nerves before the other guests arrive.” He finished, Sehun and Mark grinned before following the other male. Kris smiled and stood up, he slowly walked to her and rubbed her arms comfortingly.

“Relax, Li.”

You can say that? My grandfather will probably announce my marriage with Kai later.

I know you aren’t prepared for this, but I need you to stay calm. This is your plan remember?” Kris said while meeting her gaze steadily. Gu Li started to smile.

You know other boyfriends would talk me out of this plan, but you…..daebak.” She teased before walking to her walk-in closet.

I’ll see you downstairs.” Kris nodded before leaving the room.

Gu Li exhaled as she heard the doors closed, just an hour before Kris and her friends arrived Changmin had called her.

Finally he had gathered enough evidence against the Gus, he just needed time to organize his men before they would raid the Gus’ warehouses.

 

 

Trippy, huh?” Mark said as Kris joined them by the mini bar.

“She gets a little….jumpy when she feels trapped.” Kyungsoo nodded.

“You’re probably thinking how we survived being friends with her? Well, we’re barely breathing.” Sehun nodded smugly, Kris nodded.

“At times like these, all she needs is to feel secure and..safe. And I know you make her feel that way, so…take care of her, hyung.” Kyungsoo nodded.

“I think that means; “Welcome to the club.”” Kai piped in, DO sighed and just turned away from them.

 

 

“Hi, honey.” Gu Li winced as she saw her father waiting for at the end of the stairs.

Pa, hi.” She murmured as she hugged him.

“Your mother told me, now tell me, how are you going to fake giving birth?” He asked as he pulled away, Gu Li paused, she started to wonder if her agung and father were really connected.

Mister Zhang chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“I happen to know a few things, my pretty Lily.”

“Like what, pa?” She asked as she walked with him.

“Right now, if you were ever to get pregnant, it wouldn’t be by Kai, it would be by a certain Wu heir, well you know, there’s not a lot of them, in fact he’s an only son, and~”

Gu Li balked at her father. He chuckled before leaving her.

“My own family scares me.” She murmured before setting off to look for Kris, then she felt someone tap her back.

“Ge, hi.” She smiled as Luhan squeezed her in a hug.

“I was actually…well, really hoping that you and Kris would..” He trailed off, Gu Li smiled.

“Yeah..me too.” She nodded, Luhan sighed and just wrapped her arm around his.

“So tell me, and don’t even try to lie here, Li.” He started as they pulled away from the crowd.

“Why were there photos of you and Kris out on lunch dates?”

Gu Li paused.

“Don’t worry, it was Chen who got the photos first, they own broadcasting companies remember?”

She nodded and shook her head.

“I’m not forcing you to answer, I just wanted you to be aware, I’m on your side remember?” He mused.

“And, remember Chaerin’s flashy BMW?” Luhan asked.

“Yes, the customized one in pink?” Gu Li added with a wince.

“Well, right now Tao and Chen are puncturing holes on her wheels.”

Gu Li laughed.

 

“This reminds me how much I love you, Lu ge.” She added before they walked back to the crowd.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++