037

The Game Changer

“So you and Kris, huh?” Kai pointed out, he was at a coffee shop with Gu Li, they had scheduled to go out together for people to see them and talk more about them.

“What?” Gu Li picked up her cupcake. Kai huffed.

“You’re pregnant with my son and you’re going out on school dates with him.” Kai pointed out, Gu Li almost choked on her food.

“Son?”

“I think I should have a son first. Then a daughter next, or…twins!” Kai grinned, Gu Li sighed and leaned back on her seat.

“Are you cheating on me, honey?” Kai asked again.

“Don’t make me throw this perfectly good cupcake at your face.” Gu Li replied evenly, Kai smiled.

“I see, so this..guy’s got you in knots. Hah.” He mused.

“Kai, stop talking.” She shook her head.

“I mean, he has good timing, just as you throw this bomb, he confesses his love for you.”

“He didn’t, he…just..kissed me,”

“Well, in our culture, it doesn’t translate to “Hey, I think your outfit is cute.”.” Kai rolled his eyes at her.

Gu Li ignored him.

“Why would he kiss you if he didn’t have feelings for you, you dumb princess.” He nodded.

“If you don’t shut~”

“I’m just pointing out the facts here, Li, the moment I saw him looking at you, I knew. And knowing you, you’re even doubting if you’ll give him a chance.”

Gu Li didn’t reply.

“I’m not forcing you to be with him, Li. But at least give him a chance, despite the fact that you’re tied in this situation now, he’s still there. And somehow I know he’ll always be.” Kai nodded to himself. Gu Li glanced at him, her brows met briefly.

“Try not to shut him out, okay?”

Gu Li just exhaled.

“So, do you know when you’re due?” Kai asked again, Gu Li just groaned.

 

 

“Is this how you were brought up?!”

Gu Li stared back at her grandfather, her mother was seated calmly drinking her tea.

“We sent you to all those academies just so~”

“Just so you could marry one of us off to potential gold diggers?” Gu Li finished, Lay sighed.

“Mei~”

Gu Li met her mother’s gaze, she crossed her legs and leaned back against the seat.

“I’m sorry agung, but I’m not your perfect little girl. I never was.” She pointed out.

“You’re lucky your father is not here, or else he will~”

“If you’re going to continue yelling, I will step out. It’s not good for the baby.” Gu Li nodded, she grinned as she stood up.

“I’m sorry, ge. I guess I’m getting married first.” Gu Li patted Lay’s shoulder before leaving the room.

 

 

Kyungsoo, Mark and Sehun looked at the lady in confusion, they were inside Gu Li’s office with Gu Li and her mother.

“So, who can give me a clear explanation on what my daughter is thinking?” She asked, Sehun winced.

Ma, it’s~

Shush, you don’t get to talk here.

Gu Li looked away, peeved.

“Uhmm, auntie, she planned this so Lay hyung doesn’t get married to Chaerin. She made up the story of her being pregnant.” Kyungsoo replied simply, Mrs. Zhang looked at her daughter and rubbed her temples.

See, I told you, you don’t need to know. I’ll fix this.

This is how you want to enter society? Really?

“It doesn’t really matter to me, ma.” Gu Li replied, Mrs. Zhang could only shrug and sigh.

“Promise me~”

Yes, yes, I will fix this.

No, not you, young lady, I meant them.” Mrs. Zhang pointed to her three friends.

“Promise me, you’ll stop her from doing anything stupider than this.”

Sure thing, auntie!” Mark chirped, Gu Li sent him a look before her mother left.

 

 

Kris was making his way to the elevator when he heard the employees around him started to whisper, he paused and looked around.

“Is this a bad time?” Gu Li asked, she looked unsure.

He shook his head and gestured for her to walk with him.

“Are you here on an errand?” Kris asked as they got in the elevator.

“No, I’m here because I made you an alibi…again, I’m sorry for that.” Gu Li nodded, Kris could only smile.

“Luhan ge’s office is at the other side of Seoul, I have no idea where Tao is, Xiumin ge’s busy and Chen ge’s in China, so…”

“It’s fine, Gu Li. But…are you okay?” He asked, she paused.

“I got yelled at, but nothing new. I was expecting it.”

The doors opened and they stepped out, Kris led her to his office.

If you’re busy I can just stay at the lounge and~

I told you it’s fine.” Kris nodded as he took off his coat and hung it on the rack. Gu Li bit her lip and looked around his office.

Lay ge told me.” She started, Kris looked up from his desk.

That you asked about my…trauma.

I did…before,” Kris nodded carefully, he heard Gu Li took a deep breathe, she was standing by the shelves as she started to talk.

I was around Jill’s age when I got kidnapped.

Kris paused and put the paper down, his eyes went to Gu Li.

I don’t know for how long they…kept me, but all I can remember was that…those men, every night they would bring women with them. Then…they would beat them mercilessly, sometimes…they used weapons…sometimes..just..their fists.” Gu Li said without facing him.

It took time for me to befriend boys again, luckily I met Kyungsoo, then Sehun then Mark…but..just seeing fists being~” She stopped talking, Kris stood up.

You don’t have to continue, Gu Li.

Gu Li faced him, tears were starting to pool around her eyes, Kris slowly opened his arms to her.

“I…I’ve been bothered by this for days.” Gu Li shook her head, she stepped back from him, her brows furrowing. Kris’s brows rose, he put his arms down.

Maybe they’re right.” Gu Li nodded.

“Li~”

 

Gu Li smiled before wrapping hooking her arms around his neck, she stood on her toes and pecked Kris on the lips.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++