-001

The Game Changer

Kris typed in the code on the electronic screen on the door, his lips quirked up as the door opened without him finishing the code. His fiance’s smiling face greeted him.

“How was work?” She asked as she made way for him, Kris smiled before enveloping her in a warm hug.

“It was all the same, I invited the guys to come over for dinner.” Kris let go of her, his girlfriend of three years and fiancé for two months beamed at him.

“Why?”

“We didn’t get to celebrate your birthday last week, I was in China, remember, Lee Songhee agasshi?” He mused before pecking her cheek, Kris walked to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water.

“But we did, when you~”

“Having dinner at a fastfood place isn’t exactly…celebratory.” Kris mused, Songhee smiled, knowing the kind of upbringing her fiancé had she understood how he saw and understood things.

“Well, I’m sorry, young master, we ordinary people of this nation are satisfied with just a large pizza and cola.”

“Songhee~” She saw Kris’s brows furrowed, but she chuckled and waved him off.

“I was just joking, I’ll get get dressed.” She laughed before hopping to her room. Kris silently smiled as he watched her go to her room.

 

 

“Belated happy birthday noona!” Chen chirped as he walked in the Songhee’s pad. She smiled as Tao hugged her.

“It’s been a long time, jie!” Tao cheered, Songhee chuckled.

“We saw each other last week, Tao. At the mall?”

“Still.” Tao managed to pout slightly before Luhan yanked him back.

“We bought you cake.” He handed her the medium size blue box.

“Specially made by one of our pastry chefs.” Luhan’s cousin, Xiumin nodded proudly before squeezing her shoulder affectionately.

“It’s also a sign of our gratitude for agreeing to marry our…ice block of a friend.” Luhan nodded solemnly, Kris rolled his eyes at them before gesturing for them to walk to the dining room.

“Yixing?” Kris asked, Tao and Chen shrugged.

“You know him, when was he never late?” Songhee took his hand and pulled him with her.

 

 

“So the wedding’s in seven weeks, has your mother pestered you yet? Ayi has a way with disturbing.” Luhan smiled as Songhee put down the meal she prepared on the table.

“Hmm, she did call me today at work and during at lunch.” Songhee nodded before sitting beside Kris.

“You didn’t tell me.” Kris paused, his brows furrowed, Xiumin smiled.

“Your mother’s adorable, it’s okay~”

Then the doorbell rung.

“It must be Zhang Yixing.” Chen mused, Kris slowly stood up to let his friend in. Seconds later, Lay appeared followed by Kris.

“Tardy as usual, hello Lay.” Songhee ushered for him to sit.

“Something came up at the office, what did I miss?” Lay grinned at Songhee before plopping down beside Tao.

“Well, before we were talking about your tardiness, we were discussing about ayi’s involvement with the wedding.” Chen nodded.

“I heard from the hotel that the function rooms were changed, your using three interconnecting ones now and the garden as well.” Luhan chuckled,

“Well, a Wu is getting married, that explains everything.” Lay nodded.

Kris met eyes with Songhee across the table, he knew these types of things made her uncomfortable, but she was smiling as she joked with Tao.

“Don’t worry, I spoke with her when they came to check the venue, Songhee…I think she finally sees what kind of family she’s marrying, relax.” Xiumin patted his friend’s shoulder.

Lay was enjoying his steak when his phone suddenly beeped.

It was a text message from one of his secretaries, his eyes widened briefly.

Tao looked up as the older male cleared his throat.

“Guys, I kind of need to go.”

“But you just got here.” Songhe frowned.

Lay pointed to his phone with a guilty smile.

“Arasso, then leave, leave.” Chen chided, Kris rolled his eyes at him.

“Promise me you wont be late at my wedding, Zhang Yixing.” Kris warned before the younger male picked up his coat.

“Sure, send me a text an hour before it starts!” Lay chuckled as he ran for the front door.

 

“Now, can I propose a toast to the birthday celebrant and her upcoming wedding to our good friend?” Luhan raised his wine glass.

 

­++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++