005

The Game Changer

 

 

Kris had just gotten out from a meeting when his secretary approached him wiith a silver envelope in hand.

“This just came in, director.”

Kris nodded and took the envelope, he headed for the elevator and opened the item.

He paused as he read the card twice, then his phone rang.

“Before you mention about the invite, I think I forgot to tell you that~”

Kris winced, he forgot about the brunch he obliged to go to.

“I know, I’ll see you there.”

He heard Luhan mutter before ending the call, the elevator pinged, announcing he was at the top floor. As the doors opened he walked towards his office and took his coat.

 

Gu Li stepped down from the cab, she was now standing in front of a two floor villa owned by her cousin.

She walked to the gate and noticed the flat screen on the left side. She snorted.

“Always likes to live alone. Like a hermit.” She leaned down and looked at the screen.

She typed in Lay’s birthday and the gates slid open.

“Wow.” Gu Li muttered as she stepped in the lot with her bags in tow.

As soon as she walked in the house, she headed for the fridge, she plucked out the post-it note stuck on its door before getting herself a glass of water.

“Meeting with Bandai, call Chairman, brunch at~” Her brows rose in amusement.

“Brunch, nice.” She mused as she stuck the note back. She smiled as she realized that her cousin never changed, there were a bunch of post-its note on the fridge, he was always a little bit of forgetful.

“His secretary must be sick of post-its.”

Gu Li padded through the spare room and took a hot shower.

 

 

“I’m not the late one.” Lay smiled cheekily as Kris walked to them.

“You came…just like, thirty seconds ago.” Chen rolled his eyes, there were inside a huge glass hall filled with Seoul’s upper crust.

“I really don’t get this whole coming out and debutante thing. Isn’t it an English practice?” Luhan tugged on his pinstripe coat.

“Would you throw something like this for Jilly?” Chen queried, Kris narrowed his eyes slightly as he saw a few faces he recognized.

“Do you think she’d want me to?”

“Knowing how she’s exactly the same as Wanru, she’ll hate you.” Xiumin nodded, Lay chuckled then he was called over by some middle-aged lady.

“That’s’ Mrs. Jung, Jung Finance Group.” Tao whispered before the older male left.

Kris and Xiumin chuckled.

 

“Hi, secretary Hong, it’s me, Gu Li.” Gu Li chirped as she got in one of Lay’s cars, it was his black Porsche 911 Carrera.

“Y-yes, young miss!” The man was startled.

“I heard Yixing ge’s at a brunch right now. Could you give me the address?”

“Of course, I will call~”

“No need to tell him, I want to surprise him.” She chuckled before ending the call, she put the car on reverse and sped away from the house.

Moments later, she received a message from her cousin’s secretary, she smiled before putting on her Givenchy sunglasses.

 

 

“Wow, so entertaining.” Luhan deadpanned as they sat on their table, ladies around their age flitted about trying to get attention of any male, well a male with a trust fund that could support them, in the room.

“My mother told me if I don’t stay for at least an hour, she’d puncture holes on my LearJet.” Tao sighed and leaned back on his seat.

Kris and Chen winced as they saw,  the twins, Saera and Haera waved at them, then they started to make their way to the table.

“Oh no.” Xiumin said quietly, then the doors suddenly opened, the twins halted in their steps.

“Did some~” Chen stopped when he saw her step in.

Everybody stopped when they saw her step in.

She was dressed in a lavender bandeau with sheer sleeves, she had on a matching high waisted skirt that rested just below her knee and her feet were cased in a pair of strappy heels, her hair was a beautiful blonde mess and her face was hidden with a pair of sunglasses.

“Well, that’s what you call a womanly figure.” Chen nodded.

 

Gu Li stepped in the room, her nose scrunched up as she realized what kind of party it was.

Coming out party, single males, beware.

She glanced around the room, her eyes scanned the faces who were staring back at her.

“It’s either you did not get the memo or you were not invited, I’m guessing it’s the latter.” Two identical looking girls walked to her.

Behind her dark frames, Gu Li’s left brows rose.

“What are you two supposed to be? Tweedledee and Tweedledum?” She asked in her usual flat tone.

“What? Excuse me, miss silicone filled s~”

“Oh, they’re not.” Gu Li interjected, she eyed the girls up and down and winced.

“So, you two are the debutantes? I almost had mistaken you guys for fondant cakes.” Gu Li nodded, the twins balked at her before they could react, Gu Li turned to a certain table at the corner.

 

 

“Where were you?” Kris asked as Lay joined them on their tables.

“What did I miss?” Yixing asked as he sensed the odd atmosphere in the hall, Tao jutted his lips across the room.

“Well, this girl with the killer figure walked in and now she’s getting more attention than the stock market.” Chen nodded, Yixing followed his gaze, then halted.

“Oh dear.” Lay sputtered, then she started walking to them.

They watched as the girl took off her sunglasses revealing her pretty face, she put her Hermes on the table and looked at Lay.

“Engaged, huh?”

 

 

“Should I be saying best wishes or give my condolences?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++