CHAPTER 26: PLEASE DON’T CRY

Oh My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong tried to call So Min again and he heard her ringtone somewhere nearby. He follows the ringtone and saw So Min desperately tried to free herself from that man.

“So Min! YAH! Stay away from her!” Hyun Joong yells and rush to her. He punch the man and he escaped from there. Hyun Joong want to chase him, but So Min stop him.

“NO! Hyun Joong. Don’t go. I’m scared.” So Min clings to his arms and hugs him tight. Hyun Joong becomes shocks when So Min trembling hard and cried at his chest.

“Baby. Are you alright? Did he do something to you?”

“NO. You came right on time. If not, he...” she cried harder and Hyun Joong hugs her more.

“Shh. He’s gone, now. You’re safe with me. Please, stop crying.” He keeps on kiss her hair and forehead to calm her down.

“Can you walk? We need to leave this place.” Hyun Joong ask her and she just nod to him. He helps her to stand and wraps his arms around her shoulder. So Min feels more comfortable with him and press herself more to his side. She still had tears at her eyes. Her hands are still trembling.

They reach his car and Hyun Joong helps her to her seat. He manages himself too and makes a phone call before get moving.

“Hello, Mummy. It’s me. I don’t think So Min will join us for dinner tonight. No, it’s nothing. She just feels tired. After all today is her first day, right. So, maybe next time? Okay. I’ll send her home first since Ha Ni can’t fetch her today. Okay. Bye.” The whole time he speaks to his Mummy, he holds her hands and she still crying silently. It’s pain to see her like that.

“Are you sure you’re fine?” Hyun Joong ask, and So Min just nod at him. She cry harder again and Hyun Joong wraps his arms around her.

“Please,  don’t cry like this. You make me worried.” They stay like that for a moment until Hyun Joong found her fall asleep in his arms. He gently place her back at the seat and headed to her house.

“Is it safe to bring her back to her house? Ha Ni is still at work.” Hyun Joong leaves a big sigh and makes his way to his apartment. He can’t let So Min stay alone at her house after what has happen to her earlier. It’s makes sense if the man will haunt her again at her house. So, he will take her to his apartment.

“Baby, wake up. We’re here.” Hyun Joong place his hands on her cheeks and it feels warm.

“Baby, did you have a fever? Wake up.” So Min stirred a bit and opens her eyes. Her eyes got swollen from her cries and she looks scared.

“Where are we? This is not my home.”

“It’s my apartment. We’re gonna stay here tonight.” Hyun Joong takes all his things and hers and went out from the car. So Min feels her legs still weak and carefully makes herself out too.

“Can you walk? Your face warm too. Did you catch a fever?” Hyun Joong assists her for walk and holds her shoulder to his side.

“I think I can manage. Thank you. Fever?” She place her palm on her forehead and finds it’s warm a little.

“We can go to the clinic, if you want.”

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine after I take the Paracetamol. It don’t seem bad like last time. No worries, okay.”

“Okay.”

They both headed to Hyun Joong’s apartment and settle themselves at there. Its quiet spacious apartment for a single person to stays. The design and decorations looks modern. It suit to Hyun Joong.

“I don’t have any girl clothes right here. So, this is better than nothing. Here. You can clean first.” Hyun Joong hands her his shirt and trouser for her change. After the bath, she wears that shirt and trouser and headed to his kitchen. He seems to be there when she heard something from there.

Hyun Joong also got change to his pyjama and looks like he’s preparing something for them.

“What are you doing?” So Min enters the kitchen and seats the chair near the counter.

“Oh. You’re done? Did you need anything? Hot milk or hot chocolate?”

“Hmm. Hot chocolate, please.”

“Coming right up.” He prepares the drink for her and placed it in front of her when he finished prepare it. He also got a medicine for her too.

“There you go. Have this medicine too. You look so small on my shirt.” He laughs to see her petite body on his shirt. He takes a seat beside her and looks her more.

“ This is the delicious hot chocolate ever. Can you teach me how you do it?”

“Sure. Are you hungry? I can call a delivery to send the foods here.”

“No, thanks. Your hot chocolate here is fine enough.”

“Baby. Are you sure you fine enough after..” Hyun Joong feels worried as he sees So Min like that. The moment earlier she cried hard and this time she is babbling nonstop.

“I’m fine as long I’m with you and you’re with me. Thanks for saving me.” She drops her head on his shoulder.

“Of course I will save you. If not, I’m sure being dead with Mummy and noisy Ha Ni. I can’t stand that.” They laugh together when he said that. Then, So Min yawning and she closed her eyes still her head at Hyun Joong’s shoulder.

“Are tired? Come, you need to rest.” He drags her to his room and tucks her on his bed.

“Sleep tight, baby.” He kissed her forehead.

“Where are you going?” So Min tugs his arms.

“I’ve got something to settle.”

“Will you accompany me? I’m still scared.” Her voice so low yet he still can hear it.

“What were you afraid of? There’s no one around except me and you. Just sleep, I will watch you.”

Hyun Joong seat at the edge of the bed and holds her hands till she falls asleep. When she in her deep slumbers, he moves to his desk to do some work. He always stay up to complete is works. He needs to study al the price and strategies for their upcoming project.

It’s 2am. He falls asleep at his desk when he heard So Min screams. She’s crying on her sleep.

“No, let me go, Hyun Joong, save me. NO!!”

 “So Min. Wake up. What’s wrong?” Hyun Joong taps a little her cheeks and shakes her body. But, So Min struggles more and wants to release herself form Hyun Joong.

“Let me go. Let me go.”

“Hey. Hey. Baby. Open your eyes. It’s me.” He still holds her and ask her to open her eyes. She’s having a nightmare. When she heard Hyun Joong’s voice, her eyes wide open and she threw her arms around him.

“Hyun Joong. The man, he’s here. I’m scared.” She sobbed hard on his chest.

“Shh. It’s fine. I’m here.”Hyun Joong hugs her more and whispers a comfort words to calm her.

“Please don’t leave me alone.”

“Okay. Stop crying now.”He kissed her forehead and makes her lie again on the bed. He place himself beside her and held her close. So Min still trembling and she still cling to his arms.  They’re hugging each other the whole night and Hyun Joong need to comfort So Min whenever she’s having the nightmare again.

***

Next morning

Hyun Joong wakes up before So Min and he looks the person beside him. She still holds on him and she’s really peaceful when she’s asleep. Last night was disaster from him to see her like that. Sometime she’s having her nightmares and cried hard and he needs to console her until she’s asleep again.

He moves a little from her and place her head on a pillow before headed to the bathroom. After he get dress, he contact Hae Ra to inform he and So Min will enter the office on the noon. They got something to settle before that. Luckily she’s not asking more and takes his order. Before he walks out from the room, he checked on So Min and her phone ringing from her bag. He searched for it and it’s from Ha Ni.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Hyun Joong-ssi? Why So Min’s phone with you? Where is she?” Hyun Joong moves the phone away from his ear as Ha Ni shoot him with nonstop question.

“Yes, it’s me. She’s sleeping right now. Yesterday..” 

“She’s with you? Sleeping? Did you guys..”

“Yah. Listen to me first.” He scold Ha Ni because she always jumps to the conclusion before hear the explanation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter