CHAPTER 17: TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

Oh My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you so nice to me, Hyun Joong?” So Min manages to ask me when she’s finally calmed herself. She pushes away a little from me and looks up at me.

“Me? I don’t know. When it comes to you, I feel I’m not myself. I just don’t know. Well, I bet Mommy will come after this. You can change here while I will wait for you outside. Anything, just call me.” I tried hard not to make an eye contact with her. So, I quickly left the room and waits outside.

“Huh. What’s gotten into me? Why am I like that when it comes to her?” I thought to myself as I sit at the chair outside So Min’s room. I barely knew her for just two or three days only. Yet, I feel so comfortable around her and love to see her red face when I’m teasing her. I didn’t realise that I’m smiling to myself. Then, I heard someone giggling and see there’s a few nurses are smiling at me. Only then, I realise that I’m smiling to myself.

“Pabo, Hyun Joong.” But, So Min’s question keeps disturbing me. If the question is being asked to Mommy, I’m sure she can answer that. But me?

“Aishhh. She’s just give me a headache.” And once again I’m talking to myself. I make my way to the cafeteria to get something for my breakfast. There, I can see Mommy and Ha Ni talking together.

As I move closer to them, I heard my name and So Min’s at their conversation. Haha. I’ve always got my luck and heard Mommy’s conversation. I remain at my spot near the cashier. The girl there just staring at me and gives me her million dollar smile. I just smile a little at her and continue to listen to my Mommy’s conversation.

I just shocked to hear what my Mommy just said to Ha Ni. What the hell? Her mission? What kind of mission? What it has connection with me and So Min? Then, I heard Mommy excused herself and I quickly return to So Min’s room before my  Mommy spotted me.

On my way to So Min’s room, I see her left the room and quickly headed to the front door. I call her and rush to her.

“Jung So Min? Where are going?” She just ignores me and continues walking even though her ankle is in pain. This girl is really something. How can she manage to keep on walking in her ankle like that? I quickly chased her and grab her shoulder.

“Yah. Did you not hear me calling you? Where are you going?” I try to talk to her again and ask the same question. But, she just remains quiet and never looking at me.

“What’s wrong now, So Min? Did I do something wrong?” she just shakes her head and let out a sigh.

“I’m sorry, Hyun Joong. I think I will go home by myself. I didn’t want to trouble you and Ommonim anymore. Please let me go.” She struggles to release herself from me. But, I’m refusing to let her go.

“No. I will not let you go home by yourself. Come, let me send you.” I grab her bag and pull her along with me. At first, she refuses to come with me. But when I shoot her a serious glare at her, she begins to walk with me.

Once we reach at my car, I shove her in the car and make a call. I notice So Min becomes silent all the way to the car. I have to call my Mommmy or else she will be made at me. I take my seat at the driver seat. I glance at her and she turns her view to the window. 

“Hello, Mommy. Will you call Mr Park to fetch you? I’m heading to So Min’s house right now. Aniyo. She’s fine. Okay. Bye.” She quickly turns to me when she heard I said “Mommy”. She tries to say something but I never heard her voice after that.

There’s been a silent between us for almost 15 minutes we’re in the car. She keeps looking outside and never once looks at me. I lost my words to talk to her. Suddenly, I remember what Mommy and Ha Ni talked about this morning. It’s about me and So Min.  Am I attracted to her for the first time I’ve seen her? But, it seems impossible. Is it love or something else? I leave a huge sigh and continue my driving. I think I drive faster than the usual. Only then I realise So Min talk to me.

“Hyun Joong. Slow down a bit. You’re way too fast.” She said slowly and I can’t respond immediately to her. I do hear she’s talking to me but my mind is occupied with something else. It’s occupied with my Mommy’s conversation and Ha Ni. Suddenly, I felt something soft land on my right hand. I turn to my right and find So Min hold me.

“What?” I sound emotionless when I look at her. She seems frightened with me and takes her hand away from me.

“I’m sorry. What did you said earlier?” I look in front again and notice the traffic light turns to red. So, I immediately break my car and manage to stop in time. Or else I will collide with the front car. I turn to see her and she just close her eyes she seems so terrified in that incident.

“So Min. Are you okay?” I ask her and hold her shoulder.

“Yah. I’ve told you to slow down a bit. But, you didn’t listen to me. Thank God we’re safe.” She scolds me as soon as she opens her eyes. Her lips tremble but she manage to scold me like that. I blink my eyes as I can’t believe that she dares to scolds me like that. The moment I realise that she’s talking to me, I just smirk at her and turn to my seat back.

“At least you talk to me.” I smirk to her and her face become red. I don’t know is it because she was shy or is it because she was mad?

“Yah, you’re face bright red. Are you shy?” I ask her that and she just turns her head towards the window.

“Why should I shy? You should be thankful there’s nothing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter