Illiana - Gathering at my house

The Stranger Next Door
 

7

Illiana

Gathering at my house

 

 

I had to do so much this morning:
 go fetch my brother, 

 fill in the application forms,

 call Suzy’s mom asking if she would take me as a part-time. 

 I promised Lucas I would teach him to make muffins from scratch not the usually cakemix.

 wanted to buy some new clothes for me and him.

 

My day was fully booked.

 

 

Before I knew it, the morning had passed and I only filled out the applications and called Suzy’s mom. I needed the ingredients for the muffins and I went to the store. I could hear whispers from people behind my back. But  I had no time to lose, so no time to ask what they were whispering about. I also had a strange feeling that I was being followed, but who would follow me.

 

Suzy called me, house phones are so useful sometime. To add to my list I needed a cell phone. I had to sell mine two years ago. Who would've thought mom would send me back.

 

 

 go fetch my brother, 

 fill in the application forms, 

 call Suzy’s mom asking if she would take me as a part-time. 

 I promised Lucas I would teach him to make muffins from scratch not the usually cakemix. 

 wanted to buy some new clothes for me and him. 
 buy a cell phone
 clean house
. 

 

 

At 2pm I had cleaned the house and done some laundry. I sent the application to the ZERA schools, went to the store and back. Now it was time to make the muffins. I called my brother downstairs who was playing on my computer, like usual.

 

 

Two-thirty not that I was keeping track of time, but I wanted to go and meet up with Suzy.

 

Baking cookies didn’t go according to plan but yet it was fun. We were both covered in white flour, and we were our fingers of.
4pm. I knew I wouldn’t make the meet, I felt kind of disappointed, but our brother-sister-time made up for it. The moment we finished putting the last batch in the oven, the bell rang. Lucas and I jumped in the air, we weren’t expecting anyone, so who would be at our door? Lucas and I looked at each other before we moved to the front door.

 

Still wearing the flour disguise, I opened the door. One very fired up girl tried to hug me, realised I was covered in flour and stopped.

 

Helloww, Li, I’m here” Suzy waved at the car with her hands, she looked at me with big eyes “yah, Li, why are you covered with flour. It suits you I give you that, but you should change. I brought you a surprise.”

 

“Suzy I’m not clea…” Before I could even finish that; there were 4 more people in my house. “Suzy-ah, what is this?”

 

“Surprise I brought you 5 members of Super Junior, I understand you’ve already met LeeTeuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae. Over there we got Sungmin. YAH !, guys where’s Kyuhyun?”

 

 

“In the car, he didn’t want to come out.” said Eunhyuk.
 

“Ok, I’ll get him out.” Suzy said.
 

“What’s this smell? Li-shi, what did you bake?” Eunhyuk looked hungry, already feeling at home.
 

“Muffins” I replied confused. “I’ll give them to you but first how did you know my name?”
 

“Suzy told us, and we wanted to know the name of the girl …” Donghae bumped Sungmin (who was talking to me) in the side with his elbow.
 

Suzy came in again at the moment when I wanted to clean up. I took Lucas’ hand and wanted to go upstairs. I turned around and saw Kyuhyun behind me.
He gave me a nod and sat beside Sungmin. Lucas was pulling my hand, a sign that I had to go with him. Yes, I froze again, why did I freeze when I saw him ?

 

“I’m coming, Lucas.”
 

“You alright sis?”
 

“No” I whispered so nobody could hear me.
 

 

 

Upstairs in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and it gave me a shock. Did I really look like that ? My hair was covered white flour, my clothes were also covered with flour. Damn, I really had to do something. In a rush I washed up, fixed my hair, put some other clothes on and went to look at my brother.

 

“Lucas, are you ready? We still need to clean up the kitchen.”

 

Little that I knew, my kitchen was spic and span again. Suzy and the guys cleaned it up. I went downstairs not knowing that it was all ready done. My surprise was so big to see, the kitchen was clean and I saw LeeTeuk, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae coming out of it.
 

 

 

“You were never the clean cook, were you, Li?” Suzy who was left behind in the kitchen came up to me.
 

I laughed at her, “Nope I never was.”
 

“Hurry will ya, we don’t have much time with the guys.”
 

“huh?”
 

​“They have schedules you know, we have them till 7pm.” She winked and took a plate muffins with her to the living room. 2 hours until they have to go back. What was it with me and time all of a sudden? I never cared about the time before. Since I got back I’ve been stressed out that there was not enough time.

 

 

 

 

 

We talked, Kyuhyun kept looking at me without saying a word, like he was studying me until Sungmin whispered.
 

“Kyuhyun-ah, stop looking at her like that, you are going to scare her.”
 

“I can’t help it, there is something”
 

“SIIISSS” my brother was yelling from upstairs. “I CAN'T DEFEAT THIS SPIDERTHINGY.”
 

“LUCAS COME DOWN HERE.”
 

He was playing a game with spiders again, I hated spiders, but I could get revenge on them in a game. Lucas sat down at my right side and handed me the game.
 

“Here, you do it. You’re better at this game than me.” They looked at me, I smiled. I began to play, bit my lip while playing. My eyes focused on the game. I kind of forgot everything around me, that damn spider had to die.

GRRR, really it will not make me GAME OVER this time

 

 

Kyuhyun came to me, and sat right next to me at my left side, without me even noticing offcourse.
When the spider was dead, I handed the game over to Lucas.

 

“Here you go, dead as the spider can be.” I smiled brightly, satisfied with my achievement of killing that spider. And not going GAME OVER this time.
 

I slowly looked up at the others, who were still looking at me or so I thought.
 

“You are good at that.”
 

I heard from my left side. I looked next to me and jumped a couple of inches to the right. Almost sat on my own brother's lap.
 

“When did you ..? How did you,.?.” I blinked a couple of times, I pointed in a silly way  to place he sat before and back where he was sitting now.

 

“While you were playing the game." Kyuhyun answered "I wanted to see what game you were playing. I never saw someone so focused on a game before, you literally forgot everything around you”
 

“Yeah, well sometimes it’s fun to play the heroine for once and not the villain.”
His gaze telling me he didn’t know what I was talking about, so I changed my sentence.

 

“I mean sometimes it’s nicer to live in your game than in the real world.” Now he got it.
 

“I know the feeling.” Kyuhyun murmured.
 

“Anyone up for a game?” I pointed at the Wii console by the tv.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kids, time to go.” (LeeTeuk)
 

“AAAww. It just became interesting” (Eunhyuk)
 

Everyone was standing up, going into the hallway to go to the frontdoor. Suzy went first than the four members, I grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand again. He turned around.
 

“You grabbing my hand is becoming one of your habits.” He smiled.
 

“Can we do this again ?, I mean, what I’m trying to say....” I got nervous all of a sudden.
 

“I’ll try to find a way”
Suzy waved to the guys as they drove up.

 

 

 

 

“Li, what was that all about? I’ve never seen you freeze like that before, not even when you gave speeches.”
 

“Maybe it is because I’ve been in the wild 2 years and never had much social contact.”
 

“Or maybe you’re head over heels for the guy, nope that wouldn’t be it.  You never fall in love, you have crushes, but I’ve never seen you fall for someone. But please don’t fall for the guy. You know you are from two different worlds, do you? And you know you'll probably never going to see him like that, right? You’ve seen him like twice, stay away. You’ll get him and yourself in trouble. I’ve just got you back, it’s more fun when you’re around.”
 

“Three, and he’s interesting.”
 

“Wait, what do you mean by three?”
 

“Oh leave it”
 

“Nope you are going to tell me right now.”
 

“Lucas is here and he can hear everything, I don’t want him telling on me again.”
 

“Fine, send him upstairs, than tell me.”
 

“Fine, if you want to know it so badly. Lucas can you go and play that game upstairs. Suz and I have to talk.”
 

“Why do I always have to move? I want to play that game here.”
 

“Lucas, now.”
Lucas obeyed and went upstairs.

 

“So, tell me”
 

“Well, you know I told you there was kind of delay in the hat shop, right?”
 

“Don’t tell me he was in there?”
 

“He was in there.”
 

“I said don’t tell me, but tell me more, I wanna know more.”
 

“Curiosity is a bad thing sometimes, you know that. “
 

“Li-i-I, pretty please, you know I love gossip” She smiled
 

“Fine. I went in, saw 4 people, 3 in a suit, 1 in jeans. I didn’t know him. So obviously I didn’t know they were his bodyguard. I saw a hat that would fit my brother, so I grabbed it.” I stopped she didn’t have to know every detail does she?
 

“That’s it? You just grabbed the cap? You’re face is smiling and why are you looking at your hand? There is more, isn’t there?”
 

“Nope”
 

“Yes there is” She was shaking me, I was getting dizzy.
 

“Fine, yes there was more. In sted of taking the cap, I took his hand. When we touched I froze. The bodyguard lady took my shoulder. We made eye contact in there. I didn’t know the guy, so I bluntly said sorry and I wanted that cap.”
 

“I knew there was more.” Why was she smiling so brightly? A few minutes ago she told me not to find him interesting, to let the matter be.
 

“Why are you smiling?”
 

“No wonder he’s been shaken up about it. I think he might like you. He was probably so surprised you didn’t know him. That’s intriguing.”  Was she talking at herself or at me?  “Li, I know I told you hundreds of times in the past to go for it, now leave it alone, they will get in trouble and as amazing how you now feel, I feel the same when Kibum is close by. But we can never be with them, we can just be their unknown friend. Ok?”

 

“Does Kibum feel the same?” I poked her annoyingly in the stomach. She just smiled.
 

“We’re good friends, nothing more, nothing less. Kyuhyun and you should be just good friends to. Maybe it can work out that way.” She wasn’t even thinking about me and Kyuhyun anymore I could see it on her distracted face.
 

“How long is it been you saw Kibum? Or at least talked to him?”
 

“I saw him last, like 4 months ago. I could go to the photoshoot cause mom arranged it. I’ve spoken with him 2 days ago.” Her cheeks flushed.
 

“You’ve got it good.”
 

“Ya Li, speak for yourself, although I think Kyu has fallen first.”
 

“You really think … nope can’t think of him that way, just friends.”
 

“Li, I’ve got to go. See ya”
 

“See Ya tomorrow”
 

“Where?”
 

“At school you dummy, you got accepted right away and than I’ve got to go work for your mother. I hope she won’t mind bringing my brother along.”
 

“Oh right you told me. I forgot. Mom won’t mind. Bye and Sweet dreams tonight” She winked.

 

So my list of today was interrupted by the visit of Super Junior. I still had to 

 

 go fetch my brother, 

 fill in the application forms, 

 call Suzy’s mom asking if she would take me as a part-time. 

 I promised Lucas I would teach him to make muffins from scratch not the usually cakemix. 

 wanted to buy some new clothes for me and him. 
 buy a cell phone
 clean house
. 

 

 

 

 
authorsNote

Hellow :D

 

Kyuhyun's POV on this side is slightly more interesting :p 
Enjoy and I love reading some comments :D 

 

I wanna say thanks to lulu88 for my very first 2 comments on my story and for the upvote
I really appreciate it :p
 

OO And i'm gonna give a away a spoiler evil me
Breakfast with SUJU is coming up, everyone will appear in that chapter

 

OO and also I will be uploading more than once a week :p
In the forword you will see the dates when it was posted so I hope you guys love it .

 

 

Comment, subscribe, upvote.

ANNJEONG, SARANGHAEYO   writerFairy

 

©WRITERFAIRY LAYOUT