Kyuhyun - Did I need to play the hero?

The Stranger Next Door
 

48Kyuhyun

Did I need to play the HERO?

 

 

*We start in the middle where Shindong and Ryeowook just had taken Lucas away.*

 

 

 

 

“I’m not afraid to use this gun.” Ethan yelled

 

“Than why didn’t you use it on Lucas? I think you are afraid.” Was I trying to get myself killed? I was calm. I should have been afraid that the trigger could go off at one point.

 

“I’m not.”

 

“I think Sam used you for all his dirty work.” I went on.

 

“You don’t know anything about Sam.” Ethan grinted his teeth, pushing the gun against my head. He was shivering, I could feel it. “How dare you speak about Sam. You don’t have the F$ right to speak about him.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“See I think you are afraid, you should already have shot all of us.” I saw Ethan looking at all of us. “Just slowly remove that gun and we can talk about this.” Ethan looked confused at some point but quickly regained and pushed the gun slightly harder against my head.

Ethan then focused back at me. “I don’t care about any of you. You are going to be the first one that I shoot. Illiana would be miserable, that would make me happy and what makes me happy should make Sam happy and I am happy when Sam is happy.”

 

“Is Sam really going to be happy when Illiana is suffering?” I needed to stop trying to be the hero here. But something in me said to go on, I didn’t need to be afraid of him. He wasn’t as tough as he seemed.

 

“SHUT UP, Illiana should have died of the poison. I don’t know why she should have been instantly dead. Than Sam would’ve been released from his stupid crush on her.”

 

“You know, Sam wouldn’t be happy if Illiana gets killed, right? You are already on the case of murder of Illiana. Police have been searching for you.”

 

“Like I care, I want to heal my Sam, I want him to be happy all they’ve ever done is make his life difficult. All Illiana has done is put him in jail. ”

 

“Your Sam?”

 

“Yes, he’s mine, until he developed his stupid crush on the .” I wanted to punch him in the face, calling Illiana a . “He did everything for her, he joined a gang for her, he murdered people for her. AND STILL SHE DIDN’T COME TO HIM. I was glad Illiana got mistreated by Sam. I heard the screams, I loved it when she got arrested. Even when I had to wait for some of his attention. But it never came. Sam was only paying attention to her, the witch.”

 

I stepped forward, grabbed his collar. I so wanted to punch him in the face. Leeteuk’s hand held my pulse, shaking his head no. I shouldn’t be punching him at all. Why? He deserved. Leeteuk hinted to an alley, somehow something reflected in the alley. Camera’s. My first thought.

 

I nodded slowly letting go of his collar.

 

“Still that’s not a reason to kill.”

 

“OOOh but it is.” His vindictive eyes on me. “When Illiana suffers I’m happy. Like the time she broke down when her EX got killed. She made an escape to Africa to be with mommy who didn’t care. I thought Sam would’ve been happy than but all he could do was wine about his Illiana leaving him”

 

“Than you should have been happy.”

 

“I WASN’T HE DIDN’T GAVE ME ANY ATTENTION AT ALL, IT WAS ILLIANA THIS ILLIANA THAT, DID YOU SEE MY ILLI, SHE NEVER VISITS ME. I ING HATED IT. AND I STILL DO. NOW THAT I DID AN ATTEMPT TO MURDER ILLIANA HE ISN’T EVEN TALKING TO ME.”

 

“Isn’t that logical though” I should’ve kept my mouth shut.

 

“ILLIANA HAS TO SUFFER AND IF IT’S NOT HER BROTHER THAT I’M KILLING IT BETTER BE YOU.”

 

“Why? Illiana doesn’t even remember me? Why would she suffer if she doesn’t know me?”

 

“BECAUSE SHE WILL ONE DAY. AND DO YOU EVER ING SHUT UP.”

 

“actually no. It won’t do any good if you murder me or Lucas. Because the way I see it either way, Illiana is going to go through so much pain and than Sam would be pain so logically you are going to suffer.” Something changed in his eyes like he was thinking about it. But he couldn’t place it.

 

“SHUT THE UP.” He defended himself.

 

“No, you may have had a miserable hurt life because Sam wanted Illiana, she never wanted him. We can’t do anything about that.”

 

“SHUT UP, SAM IS GOING TO BE HAPPY. WHEN ILLIANA IS DEAD. HE CAN HEAL THAN. SAM IS GOING TO BE HAPPY I’LL MAKE HIM HAPPY AGAIN.”

 

“I think he’s not”

 

“Kyu, wtf are you doing? Are you trying to get killed?” Leeteuk whispered beside me.

 

“No, he’s giving up. Watch him, it will not take long, he's almost there.”

 

“Like hell he is” Kangin and Donghae came to the front. Leaving Yesung to stand next to Hangeng and Kibum, Henry to the others side Hangeng. Zhoumi and Heechul somewhere behind, Sungmin to the side on the street cause the side walk wasn’t that big. Eunhyuk next to Sungmin. Siwon somewhere in between.

 

“HE WILL, He totally will” Ethan let the gun down. So I got through him a little good now for the big ending at him giving up. Ethan’s eyes where glassy.

 

“Ethan, just drop the gun on the floor and we can come to …. "

 

“YOU ARE SUCH A STUPID GOODY TWO SHOES AREN’T YOU” Ok, so now I got scared. His anger had taken over his whole body. He raised the gun again. With an evil smirk he looked at me.

 

“” Leeteuk let out pushing me aside Yesung stood behind me but hadn’t had time to move the gun went of and it hit him. Yesung’s cry of pain was cruel. I saw Yesung going down. Where did he get hit? Ethan didn’t stop there and fired another shot which Donghae pulled me back further and Hangeng pulling Henry but Henry was so surprised his arms swung in the air when Hangeng pulled him away and the gunshot hit him he landed on his knees He cried it out from the pain. His other hand going to the place where he got shot.

 

“OK, STOP” I yelled going forward and standing in front him. Donghae was shaking his head his grip on me firmer but I managed to get loose. Now I was right in front of this psycho.

 

“FINE, than stop moving” He said. “you know this has actually been fun. Playing around with everyone. I’ll miss it. It has been a pleasure knowing you, Cho Kyuhyun.” This was it, this was the moment. And I was so stupid to think he had given up.

 

 

 

 

 

ETHAN JASPER JACOBS” Someone ran up to us. “DROP THAT GUN NOW

 

“WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, HUH?”

 

“How did you even get a gun? This is Korea, and wait this is Sam’s, how the hell did you get it here?”

 

“None of your ing business, Eric.”

 

“Little Bro, didn’t you cause enough damage as it is?’ He looked so familiar. I couldn’t place him directly.

 

“I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER”

 

“No, you are my little stepbrother.”

 

“God, you and family bonds, ugh I hate it”

 

“I know, now drop that gun and let the idols alone.”

 

“Yeah, like I’m going to listen to you. The only one I listen to..”

 

“Is SAM yeah I know, let him go will you, you will never have the attention he gave to Illiana that was all wrong and she suffered like crazy.

She didn’t have to die for it.”

 

“You didn’t …. You wouldn’t dare to …” Ethan’s eyes widened I had no clue what was going on.

 

“Yeah, Ethan I don’t want to have murder on my name so I changed the poison.” I looked at him. Eric turned to look at me. “I’m so sorry, it shouldn’t have given her no more than a high fever, just enough to get her to the hospital. It never should have let to this.” I was just flabbergasted but something clicked, he was the one from the dreams who saved me as wolf. I didn’t know what to say. Should I say thank you for sparing her life. He did admit the crime.

 

“You killed your own brothers chance for happiness.”

 

“Ethan, I didn’t. You know Sam’s sick. You know that and still you are going true with this, I can’t have it, one brother in jail is enough, bad parents enough.”

 

“WAW and you’re the white sheep in the family, I hate you, I ing hate you.” Ethan said.

 

“I’ve heard that before. So give me the gun and ..” Eric moved slowly to his brother and tried to take the gun on the other hand I looked round.

 

I saw Kibum yelling to others and putting pressure Yesung’s wound, seeing do the same Hangeng but with Henry. Sungmin’s eyes on me, Kangin and Donghae right beside me on both sides. LeeTeuk his eyes on the gun. I stepped forward without thinking. Ethan slowly broke and was planning on giving it to his brother when he noticed the change of scenery. I on the same line as Eric, who shot me a feared what-are-you-doing glare. I didn’t know what I was doing I just wanted a clear opening.

 

“No”

 

“Ethan, please”

 

“You called the cops on me?” Ethan glared at Eric and he pointed the gun at him. “You’re not living this through, you’re not going to see daylight. You’re not going to blab and ruin everything I worked for.” Was he really capable of shooting his own brother?

 

“You’re not going to shoot me” Eric stood his ground.

 

“No I’m not, it’s not you that I want” Eric’s eyes widened.

 

It happened in a blink of an eye, I felt someone pushing me to the ground and upon hearing a third gunshot and Donghae and Kangin jumping Ethan, pinning him to the floor. LeeTeuk had pulled the gun out of his hand and Eric laying down next to me.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah” Sungmin squatted down next me. “Are you ok?” I slightly nodded and set up only to notice a horrible pain in my foot. “Are you hurt, please don’t be hurt” I looked beside me, not answering Sungmin, I saw Eric laying there. “KYUHYUN” Sungmin was shaking me.

 

“I’m not, just my foot hurts.” I crawld to Eric because standing up was no option. I saw his clothes on the left side absorbing blood. He got shot yet it was not high enough to be killed. I put my hand on the wound and put pressure on it.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, what are you doing?” Sungmin asked out of disbelieve.

 

“Helping him.”

 

“But..”

 

“Helping him no buts.” I looked at him determined not to let anyone die. Not on my watch. Eric was badly hurt. He coughed and breathed heavy. At that moment several cars arrived, ambulances who brought Eric with speed to the hospital as well as Yesung and Henry. Donghae and Kangin handed Ethan over to the police. They were so glad to put Ethan in handcuffs. LeeTeuk gave the gun to the officer and did some story. Also Shindong was back. LeeTeuk wasn’t happy about that though. After he did the story he went to Shindong.

 

“YAH, why are you here. You were suppose to be with Lucas and Ryeowook. I had my reasons to send ryeowookie after you. You’re one of the more stable members, you could’ve hold him in check.”

 

“I’m sorry I wanted to see what was happening. He’s doing fine with Lucas alone.” LeeTeuk shook his head and gave me his attention.

Sungmin and LeeTeuk lifted me up both giving me support under my arms and started walking. Well I just jumped on one leg making it difficult to walk fast.

 

“Here take these” I looked up. A man said. He handed Sungmin his carkeys. “I’m sorry about what happened, I live right here. My daughter is flipping out, let me help you.”

 

“thank you but why?”

 

“I can’t drive you to the hospital because I have to keep my daughter inside and keep her from going to the police office and killing that guy.

Please bring him back in one piece though”

 

We bowed gratefully and took his car, Sungmin drove it to the hospital where the newsreporters were blocking the entrance. Sungmin decided to drive to the back entrance, where there were no reporters insight and LeeTeuk and Sungmin helped me out of the car. It wasn’t easy hinking through the hallway down to he ER. Where we stumbled upon Kibum who had driven in the ambulance with Yesung and Hangeng who had driven with Henry.

 

 

 

 

“Henry and Yesung are in surgery.” Kibum said. “The other guy too. What are you doing here?”

 

“Foot” LeeTeuk pointed at my swollen foot. He had taken off the shoe in the car.

 

“Waw, that looks bad” Hangeng joined the conversation.

 

“Yah, Hangeng what happened to half your shirt?”

 

“Ooh this, I tore a piece of to bind it around Henry’s arm. The doctors said we did good. Hyung, doctor Shim said Ryeowookie was here with Lucas. Ryeowookie was freaking out.”

 

“I knew this was going to happen.” LeeTeuk sighed. “Where is he now?”

 

“Suzy’s” Kibum answered “Hyung can I go to her, she’s freaking out, she called and texted me several of times.”

 

“Fine go, what else can go wrong tonight?” LeeTeuk sighed and waved Kibum away, Kibum ran off. Not much later we heard the angry voice of our manager. “Aish offcourse”

 

“WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING? HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS POSSIBLE” He yelled approaching us. “Kyuhyun, you had to save the day and go after that boy, for god sakes ExPLAIN it to me.”

 

“I-I … Well the thing is …”

 

“You’re going to tell me today? Or in 20 years? Ooh and Kyuhyun, you’re fired, CEO orders, when you exit this hospital you are no longer part of Super Junior.”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun? There’s a doctor free to check your foot please follow me” Sungmin and LeeTeuk jumped up to support me, Hangeng just stayed in his seat.

 

“LeeTeuk, Sungmin, stay here, you’re not allowed to help him anymore.” Sungmin wanted to protest as well as LeeTeuk and Hangeng.

 

 

 

 

“It’s ok” Sungmin shook his head. “Let go Minnie, I brought this on myself. I’ll be fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
authorsNote

Hellow :D

 

IT'S BEEN SO LONG OMG, I missed this story. So I don't know why I wrote this. This wasn't the plan originally.
Originally I had in mind. Something like they would be taken to the CEO and solved. LeeTeuk's words of making it public would have had a diffirent meaning. And the contracts would be ripped in shreds. 

Well we will see what happens next I know already ^^

Just to let you know, I will update whenever I can thus the dates in front don't count anymore. 

 

NEXT UP
Kyuhyun - ELF's PROTEST (working title)

 

Comment, subscribe, upvote.

ANNJEONG, SARANGHAEYO   writerFairy

 

©WRITERFAIRY LAYOUT