Kyuhyun - New Beginnings

The Stranger Next Door
 

49Kyuhyun

New Beginnings

 

 

 

 

“You’re going to tell me today? Or in 20 years? Ooh and Kyuhyun, you’re fired, when you exit this hospital you are no longer part of Super Junior.”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun? There’s a doctor free to check your foot please follow me” Sungmin and LeeTeuk jumped up to support me, Hangeng just stayed in his seat.

 

 

“LeeTeuk, Sungmin, stay here, you’re not allowed to help him anymore.” Sungmin wanted to protest as well as LeeTeuk and Hangeng.

 

“It’s ok” Sungmin shook his head. “Let go Minnie, I brought this on myself. I’ll be fine.”

 

When I turned around and shook Sungmin off me, I hopped to the nurse and she supported me. When we turned around the corner, I stopped hopping, surprising the nurse next to me. This was not what I wanted, this was definitely not what I wanted, I’m glad Lucas was save. But I was banned from Super Junior for saving a kid. Damn stupid contracts. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

 

 

“Mr. Cho are you alright?” She asked in a sweet soft voice. I just nodded and wanted the day to be over.

 

“Are you sure? We can get you a wheelchair if you want?” I didn’t need a wheelchair, honestly I couldn’t even feel the pain in my foot. It was overpowered with other emotions.

 

“I’m fine” I said a bit abruptly.

 

When we arrived at the doctor who was going to look at my foot. She helped me get on a bed. The doctor came in introducing himself, I didn’t pay much attention to it. He started to examine my foot. I was just in another world. I wouldn’t be fired if I hadn’t gone after Lucas, I would still have my job if I listened to Donghae and Sungmin by throwing the hairpin away. Not meeting Illiana would’ve been better. Not only for me but for Kibum too, he would’ve still have his Suzy. Well not really his right? But than again Kibum had never had eyes for anyone until Suzy came in the picture.

 

This was not my day and I wanted to blame every single thing on the person I love. Every little detail that happened in like the past 7 months where due to her existence and I didn’t want to blame anything on her. God, I could rip out my hair and tell someone it was my fault and it all started in a stupid hat shop. But than again I would’ve blamed myself if I didn’t went after Lucas today. I would blame myself if he got more hurt or even got shot because I was to busy keeping my word to the company. And now I got fired for saving a human life. Fired.

 

Who would’ve thought. I certainly didn’t. For all I knew I always did what the company ordered me to do, I wasn’t happy with everything but I did it anyway. Could I ever rewind my life before I met Illiana. But if I hadn’t got a chance to meet Illiana, I would’ve never met her Ocean blue eyes and hidden orange spot. I would’ve never felt this happy,

 

I would never been moved to tears when it came to her life story. I would’ve never met two people more braver than Illiana and Lucas. I would’ve only nodded Yes to every single thing the company had asked me. I would’ve probably never known a girl who liked me without my fame. I would’ve never lost my job. Where do I go now? I’ve been training for all these years to be a singer. I achieved my goal and I still wanted it. I did not want to quit. Not like this. All this time I’ve been living in apartments that belonged to the company. Where did I have to go now? What will become of me now?

 

In the back of my head I heard people talking, when I came back to my senses I heard a familiar female voice talking to the doctor.

 

“Is he alright?”

 

“He’s fine it’s sprained. He will have to use crutches. I think he hasn’t overcome the shock yet. I would strongly suggest to take him home and get him to talk to you, miss.” I sat there, I lost everything right now. She came over and sat down on a chair in front of me. My legs were dangling over the side of the bed. She scooted closer and laid her hand on my leg.

 

“Kyu?” She said softly and with so much care. “Kyu? I’m here now, please look at me.” When I didn’t answer. “You know, Sungmin called me ten minutes ago. What happened? He didn’t want to tell me. He just asked if I heard anything or saw anything about Super Junior this morning. I said I didn’t and he said you needed me like now. Kyu, come on. Sungmin wouldn’t have called if he wasn’t really worried. It’s been over a year since we saw you. I know you call us and do video talk but that’s not the same.”

 

I stared blankly at the person in front of me. It’s been so long that I’ve seen my sister and family. I knew she lived in Seoul but whenever we got “free” from the company we weren’t “allowed” to see them. I’d avoided telling them about Illiana and Lucas.

 

“Noona?”

 

“Kyu, let’s go home.”

 

When my sister opened the door to her apartment she got another phone call.

 

“Hey, yeah he’s with me, how’s everyone else?.........No he didn’t tell me yet ……… Wait, they did what? …….. Him too? LeeTeuk-shi what the hell is happening? ….. YAH LeeTeuk-shi. ….. Fine, give him my address. Just so you know, my apartment isn’t that big okay. Aish, One more of you guys and my place will be overcrowded. “ I took a place in my sister’s couch, blankly staring out the window, I still thought everything was over. Illiana gone, job gone, dream gone. The only thing I had was my sister.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you finally going to tell me what happened. And why you aren’t in your apartment with your group?” my sister sighed. Didn’t she get it. I didn’t want to talk, not right now. I wanted … ……….. Well I really didn’t know what I wanted. I took out my phone and scrolled through the messages. Everyone of Suju had literally either tried to call me or text me, But the one that took my attention wasn’t concerned ex-members. It was Illiana, at first I thought I read it wrong but there it was ILLIANA. I opened, I felt so excited maybe one good thing would’ve come from this. But to my disappointed it was Lucas. To ask if something happened to me. He already knew about Yesung, Henry and well Eric, because Kibum told them. I only replied his message though sending it back to Illiana’s phone. Why wouldn’t he have send it with his phone?

 

Ten minutes past and there was a ding from the doorbell. My sister opened, “Kibum-shi come in.”

 

“Thank you.” Kibum smiled. “Hey Kyu? How’s the foot?” Why was he so happy?

 

My sister helped Kibum put stuff away and went to her kitchen.

 

“Did you tell her already?” I simply shook my head.

 

“You know, we are free now to do what we want and be with who we want.”

 

“What happened to Lucas’ phone?” I showed him Lucas’ text from Illiana’s phone.

 

“Oh right you don’t know, Lucas’ screen broke when Ethan through him on the ground, his phone isn’t useable so Illiana lend him her phone.”

 

“How is he?” I aske carefully. Kibum looked at me.

 

“Kyu, on the inside I think he is fighting most of the pain that you see outside. Ryeowook had said he held on to cry until he was in Illiana’s arms. Ryeowook himself broke down at the sight. Lucas didn’t want to show it. He looks like a beaten up boy who didn’t want to give his lunch money to the bullies. But nothing is broken, no broken ribs or anything, just bruises and scrapes he’ll live and Illiana is fine, she’s fully dedicated to her brother right now. I think she had a shock too. When I told Suzy about Henry and Yesung and well you, she got a total shock when I mentioned Henry’s name. She started to ask these questions. When I asked her why she was so worried about Henry, she simply said he was the only one who hinted to her person with the eyes. I think you need to step up. Maybe it will bring her memory back.”

 

“I didn’t ask about her” I said.

 

“No but you were going to.”

 

“Right?” He said and jumped up “Ara-ya Do you need any help?”

 

Noona stuck her head out of the kitchen door with a spatel in her hands.

 

“No, whenever you guys try to cook I have to eat burned things, you probably remembered last time we entrusted you and mister sad face over there with the cooking. I don’t need a replay of that.” And that said she turned around and went back to her cooking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was already late in the evening when Kibum went to the room noona had assigned him, when I sat back in couch in the living room. My sister beside me.

 

“You know little bro, I’m not going to judge in any way. You can just tell me.” I sighed and began to tell her the story.

 

After I was finished she sat there quietly sipping from her drink.

 

“WAAA, she must mean a lot to you. How come this girl has such an impact to you. I mean you out of all people wouldn’t have done stuff like stepping out of your confort zone and her brother sounds like a mini you. Although I think he had to grow up to quick, but than again he grew up only knowing how to live with grown ups never having a sister or a brother around his age to play with, to fight with.”

 

I didn’t say anything and my sister just continued. “Kyu, if you want to keep her, please follow that big heart of yours and make her yours.” She patted my knee. “I want to meet this girl so bad right now, maybe we can be like good friends and talk smack about you” she laughed.

 

I shrugged “Later”.

 

“She really sounds like a strong girl Kyu, she may not know who you are right now, but force her a bit, we can always figure out later what you are going to do. Why not go to JYJ? Maybe they can offer you guys a career. Being former label friends and all.”

 

“Yeah, maybe, I just want to be out of the media, go and see mom and dad and others.”

 

“Kyu, you need to get Illiana on her path first, mom and dad will understand. You can stay here and Kibum too. But something tells me Mrs. Jung is going to figure something out for her daughter and him. She always does.”

 

“uhu”

 

“Okay, be sad for now, I’m not cheering you up, but you have to get your thoughts straight and no blaming Illiana, OK? I’m actually glad you’re out of there.”

 

“Noona, what if I’m doing all this and she eventually turned out to be the wrong girl anyway.”

 

“Than my little brother, you saved a life that was meant to be doomed and made it happy, you saved a person or two, you got that” with that she ruffled my hair like she dead when I was eight. “It’s so late already, go to sleep”

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Kibum was sitting in the sofa watching tv. “KYUHYUN-AH, did you see this.”

 

There was a news report from yesterday morning where the whole video of us was played over again, where facts and statements were giving. “Due to the events of yesterday, we are yet to get an interview of Kibum and Kyuhyun. We can’t confirm a reason why the two were forced out of Super Junior. We haven’t got a statement out of SM either and it is well said that there were four victims two of them were confirmed yesterday. Yesung and Henry both getting shot in either the leg or the arm. We have images of Kyuhyun leaving the hospital on crutches and with his sister. And the fourth victim is confirmed to be the stepbrother, Eric Jammerson of the culprit, Ethan Jacobs. The little boy is confirmed to be Lucas Parker son of Mrs Eloise Parker a rather famous nurse overseas who is doing some work in Africa right now. Lucas Parker is also the brother of Miss Illiana Parker who was the girl in the scandal with Kyuhyun. Yet we have no other news rather than What is going on? ELFs are protesting right in front of the SM building making it hard for people to enter. They are blocking everything. In other news were they really the upcoming heroes of the day or were they just trying to find a way out of the company. Thank you and this was Park Hyun Do for SBS world live.”

 

“They know almost everything?” I looked at Kibum, he wasn’t as calm as he was yesterday.

 

“This is going to be hard. Really hard to get in touch with anyone.” Kibum sighed. “I was planning on going to Suzy’s today. Now I probably can’t.”

 

“euh guys? “ My sister looked out of the apartment “I guess it’s better to stay in right now. I need to call my boss, he will not be happy.”

 

There were a bunch of media outside trying to catch one of us when we would go out.

 

“I’m calling the bodyguards, they were assigned by you privately weren’t they Kyuhyun-ah?” I nodded, yes the bodyguards were mine and not companies property.

 

Meanwhile Kibum got a phone call from Suzy. “WAIT SUZ WHAT DID HE DO, HE CAN’T. ……. MINNIE CAN’T DO THAT………Suzy calm down, please, what are you saying? Suzy?” Kibum yelled through the phone. “You need to keep me in touch, we can’t leave the apartment since it is full of media outside.”

 

“You killed your own brothers chance for happiness.”

 

The news just got worse by the minute as some ELFs were banned from the grounds from SM. The fans were determined to keep us together until we decided to step up and went outside my sister’s apartment. 3 days past and Sungmin had filed to nullify his contract and the others had followed him. No one understood why.

 

As a reporter was in front of us and my bodyguards holding them off a bit. We spoke.

 

“We like to set some things straight, for our fans safety and ours. We didn’t just get fired, we didn’t follow some rules who were giving to us and that day we went after Lucas we only thought about the boy’s safety and not ours nor our contract. In the past few days we know we were trying to hide some details but we confirm some of these right now. As for the other members they didn’t do anything wrong but they didn’t want to continue without us so therefore they filed to nullify their contracts as for us, we have been both dating secretly against company rules. I confirm my relationship with Jung Suzy daughter of Jung Joo Hyun.” Kibum spoke to the crowd.

 

“and I confirm my relationship with Illiana Parker. But please leave them out of the media as you all know Illiana was recently hospitalized and she is still recovering. Leave Lucas Parker also out of the picture because he too is still recovering from recent events. This is all that we got to say, thank you. We have no other comments.” And we went back into my sister apartment.

 

 

 

 

That night I was going to visit Illiana but I had some preporations to do I wrote a caption on the only Kyuzzle piece that wasn’t already given to Illiana. Sadly enough I feel asleep thinking about a good caption to write on it. In the morning I was woken up not by my alarm clock but by my phone, Mrs Jung was calling me. Strange Mrs Jung never called me, it would have been Kibum. I took the phone and swiped the green phone-symbol.

 

“yoboseoyo? Mrs Jung?” I said hesitately.

 

“HYUNG” it was Lucas, but why? His phone wasn’t fixed so normally he would call from Illiana’s phone. “HYUNG, she’s gone , she’s gone.” Lucas cried. “HYUNG, please.”

 

“Lucas I can’t understand a thing. Why aren’t you calling from Li’s phone.?” “She’s gone, please. You have to go after her.” It made me realise he was talking about Illiana.

 

“You mean, Li? Li’s gone?”

 

“YAAAHH go, she’s probably at the airport. GO, bring her back” he yelled at me while crying. “She’s going back to Africa, please I need my sister.” He continued. 

 

It took sometime to let it sink in. Kibum stormed in the room.

 

“WHY AREN’T YOU THERE YET?, Suzy called, Li’s gone, you need to move. I’ve already called the bodyguards. Put some clothes on ok. GO NOW” Kibum pushed me out the door and downstairs in the car full with the bodyguards.

 

 

There was to many people in the airport, wasn’t it the day BTOB left to go an overseas Music Bank. I was trying to find my way through but it seemed impossible. Until felt an arm over my shoulders and saw Minhyuk.

 

“What’s going on? Why are you here?”

 

“Illiana…leaving” I said.

 

“Okay no problem we will get you through. Sungjae, we have an extra person to get through.” Sungjae smiled at nodded at Minhyuk. While we stepped in the crowd that made a way to let BTOB through.

 

“You know, you really need to lend me your bodyguards sometimes.” Minhyuk said “They are so good” He smiled at me while we got out of the crowd and through the security.

 

“Now, go and find her. OK?” He gave me a push in the right direction.

 

“Thank you so much”

 

“You owe me” He laughed winking “Go, and get that girl, If I’m not the one who gets her it better be you”

 

“He doesn’t mean it” Sungjae leaned over. “But still go. Ooh wait put these on” Sungjae gave me his sunglasses. “What?? you get around easier, less people to recognise you”

 

I run and ask some one where the gate was for Kenya. I was just in time to see Illiana reaching out her ticket to the flight attendant. I literally jumped over the seats and pulled her aside.

 

“Illiana” I gasp for air. It was as if I run a marathon. The bodyguard were already surrounding us. I only had my attention on Illiana and thought of a way to let her remember as she was struggling to be let go.

 

“Let go of me” She tried to get out of my grip instead I pulled her closer.

 

“Illiana, Please remember me” I had to do something. I cupped her beautiful face and … .

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
authorsNote

Hellow :D

 

YES YES YES ANOTER CHAPTER IS UP. Hope you like it and stay tuned for the next one 

 

NEXT UP
Illiana - BACK TO africa

 

Comment, subscribe, upvote.

ANNJEONG, SARANGHAEYO   writerFairy

 

©WRITERFAIRY LAYOUT