Torn Beast

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME X: Torn Beast ~ DARK ALICE
Cyndi Black, Dark Alice, and the Otherworld
Cyndi Black had a mother and a father who loved her. She had many school friends and admirers. She was like any other beloved child. But that was only what people saw on the surface. They were denied access to the deeper floors of her existence. If the children who followed her around on the playground every day knew her secrets, would they still want to befriend her? Would they still want to get to know her? Though that was impossible. Only she and her parents knew the truth about her coming into existence. Without the love from her mother and father, she would just be another successful project… a collaboration between the famous Dr. Black and Dr. White. You see, they always wanted a child but couldn’t due to certain unfortunate circumstances. They were both male. Don’t get me wrong. They don’t have that kind of physical intimacy. Close friend… colleague… like brothers and that was all.

Even though everyone mistaken Dr. White to be a woman with his gorgeous bleached hair and his slim figure, he was no doubt a man. Explaining his gender grew bothersome and so he stopped trying which allowed the observer’s mind to run wild into the dark. And soon, no one remembered he was a male. They didn’t mind that he had no chest, all they looked at was his angelic face. So soft compared to Dr. Black. Being married worked well for them. No one questioned when they disappeared together without a trace. There would be no annoying rumors about being gay. They didn’t need to act lovey dovey in front of others either. Everyone presumed it was an arranged marriage because they both came from rich elite families.

Now, the new question, why did they want to make a child? Well, for one thing, they would look more like a family and discourage stubborn gold diggers. Besides that, Dr. White always wanted to adopt an oriental baby girl. It was of his fancy to dress her up like a doll. She was made to look nothing like them. Dr. Black found other uses for her too. She was no mere human doll. In fact, she was nothing like a doll except for the way Dr. White treats her. Cyndi Black was the operator of a greater invention than herself. It was called Black Alice, an insignificant looking pendant with extraordinary capabilities stored deep within. It was a portal to another dimension, one that Dr. Black and Dr. White had discovered during their first year in college.

They were thirteen and fifteen years of age respectively. Dr. White was of course the younger. They both dropped out of college to pursue the goal they shared. Finding a stable portal between both worlds or make one. It was not easy. It took the two friends almost five years to figure out how to bring it about and another two years to make it happen. During these years, they were always last seen together before disappearing for months at a time.

It was too dangerous, they agreed, to allow easy access between worlds. That was why they created Cyndi, their child, and the key to traveling between worlds. She grew up to be the exact image Dr. White had in mind. Her hair grew long, black like a raven’s feather. Her eyes were large ovals of dark brown. Her tall nose, wide mouth and thin lips. Everything was exactly the way he imagined her to be.

Fit to be the Princess of Otherworld. Yes, when ever Cyndi Black and her parents stepped back into the Otherworld, they returned home as the royal family. Otherworld was nothing before Dr. Black and Dr. White came. And now, it prospered like any great nation in its golden age.  But like every golden age… it would have an end. Trouble brewed underground. It seems like no one was safe from the evils of Greed. Not even the “other world.”