Wayward Lover

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
PROLOGUE
• • • • • • • • •

06lovers.pngVelvet drapes in deep maroon lined the grand canopy top. Fine web-like lace cascaded majestically down towards a dozen embroidered cushions. The bed gilded with flecks of gold was no doubt fit for royalty. And indeed, upon the soft layers of silken sheets, a king laid asleep. A king with a thousand subjects at his fingertips. Whether living or undead, it mattered not. Abandon him, they could, and he would still be king. As long as she stayed, he would be king... indefinitely.

"Master... master..." A tarot card hovered over his sleeping form like a stalled leaf snatched up in a whirlwind. "Master Jaejoong, please rise from your blessed slumber." His dark menacing eyes shot open and the card exploded in a blinding flash, giving birth to two human figures.

One man.

One woman.

The Lovers.

They stood by his bedside dressed from head to toe in mournful black.

"Sky... Dragon..." "At your service." The Lovers' voices complimented one another.

"You know better than to disturb me while I rest." Their master made his displeasure known.

Catching the irritation in his voice, Sky and Dragon flung down and prostrated themselves before the master. "We do not dare ask for forgiveness." "We will gladly accept our punishment."

He sprung up. The silken covers slipped from his bare chest and gathered happily around his waist. "Tell me. Why are you two here in my private chambers?"

"She is not well, master. She will not last another day." "Twenty years, master. The end of contract draws near."

"I am fully aware."

"You promised to return her to the other realm." "We feel you have compromised that promise."

"It is true. I have no intentions of returning her."

"But, master, she does not belong in this world." "A creature of light cannot thrive in darkness."

"And yet she has lived until now."

"You must return her to the other realm." "You must fulfill your promise."

"I will do no such thing."

"She is dying, master." The Lovers' voices rang as one.

"But her soul will never escape. Speak no more of this and be gone."

"Master..."

His hypnotic eyes glowed. "She will remain here with me in this tower... as long as I wish it."



Sykotica Notes: CONTENTID4 may be hard to see but it's in the top left corner where the Wayward Lover introduction clip's located. It can be used for text, image, audio embed, video embed, etc. Change the font to a lighter shade for visibility. This was the one that brought me to AFF. I came on to 'troll' by writing a spin-off. The 'trolling' fail. I have yet to master troll-fu.