Vertical C

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
C
H
A
P
T
E
R
C
H
A
P
T
E
R
EIGHTY-THREE
EIGHTY-THREE

VOLUME LXXXIII: Vertical C ~ Bringer of Rain

That was when he woke up and found himself all alone, half in his bed. Little beads of sweat covered entire body. Jae felt so foul. His heart was pounding so loudly in his chest, it felt like he was pierced with a dagger every heartbeat.

He couldn’t go back to sleep… how could he? Jae jumped out of his bed and clumsily threw on some pants and a jacket. He didn’t even bother looking for a shirt to wear. All he could think about was the princess. Jae was determined to see her again. The rest of the night, he spent at the castle grounds searching in the dark for her. Jae d around like an insane blind man. It was morning when he finally collapsed on the bench, the same one she sat on the last time they met.

What kind of hell must she be going through and what could he do for her?

He was powerless.

He was nothing but a powerless fool.

For three days, he laid there like a dead madman, never moving from the bench. This was the sight that greeted Hye on the third day. It was raining lightly as she called out his name with worry. He didn’t answer and so she hurried over to his side. Hye was genuinely concerned. She couldn’t fake it. This was no time for silly restraints. Hye lifted up his head and saw the disheveled Jae. His once beautiful hair was now tangled and wet. His lips were chap. His unshaved face looked so pale and sickly. She wondered how long he had been here this way. It pained her to see him in such a state.

Hye was about to run for a doctor when his hand suddenly shot out towards her. It was amazing how he still had the strength to do something like that. She promptly came back and propped his head up, letting it rest in her lap. They were both soaked. Jae opened his eyes but he couldn’t see her. They had been closed for too long.

“Princess…?” his scratchy voice was barely audible.

“It’s me, Jae. It’s me.” She couldn’t hold back the tears that left her eyes and fell on his cheek. It felt foreign to her, the liquid that formed in her eyes.. Jae sensed the warmth of her tears among the cold rain droplets that fell simultaneously. He wanted to wipe those tears away but he couldn’t.

“What happened… to you? Why have you… become like this…” Hye choked between short breaths.

He didn’t replying to her but instead whispered, “Please tell me the truth… I beg you…”

She understood what he wanted to know. It was already too late. There was no point in hiding it from him any further. He was already like this. Hye didn’t want to burden him with her troubles but it seems the situation had become far worse than she had ever expected.

“I will tell you everything when you are well-“

“Do you think you could help-“

“Yes… of course yes! I will help you recover from this madness I have inflicted upon you.”

The water droplets left the tips her hair and tricked down the side of her white face as she bent down to kiss Jae’s forehead.

Hye would tell him everything… because she loved him.



Sykotica Notes: For CONTENTID2, I would probably spell out the chapter number and then chapter's title.


AN
AFF
STORY