Grayscale C

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
CHAPTER FIVE
*                             *               *                       *                         *                                *                               *                 MOONSTONE                               *                                 *                                                   *                                                       *                          *                                  *                                     MOONSTONE             *                                                 *                                          *                          *                                                 *                                                *                              MOONSTONE *

Chapter: Cyndi screamed her lungs out, alerting all nearby personnels down the hallway.

Before they could reach her, Hero slammed the door shut. His mouth moved but no sound came out.

Cyndi stopped screaming, her eyes frantically searched for a way out. She remembered the balcony opening and turned sharply around. Hero was faster than her. He stood between her and the only exit available to her.

The shouting and the pounding coming from the other side of the door attracted Hero’s attention but not Cyndi’s. She was still very focused on him.

“Miss! Miss! Can you hear us? It will be only a second, a sledge hammer is being-”

“Quiet! You will be allowed in once I am done.” Hero was irritated by the racket.

“Who are you and what have you done with our mistress?” came another voice on the other side.

“I am the master here.” Hero bellowed.

Cyndi attempted to get pass him but he caught her around the waist. Hero yanked her back and clamped her close to him. The small of her back pressed tightly against his hard abdomen.

It would have been kind of romantic if he didn’t just kill someone moments before.

Cyndi struggled, trying to loosen his arm around her but it made things worse. Have you ever been constricted by a giant snake? It’s kind of like that.

“How do we know you are who you say you are?”

Hero replied but this time in another tongue she couldn’t understand.

There was a gasp on the other side and everyone went silent.

What did he say to them? They actually understood that gibberish?

“What the hell did you just say?” She tried to turn but it was impossible.

“Are you playing with me or you really don’t know?” Hero crossed the room, dragging her with him.

“Let go of me and we’ll talk, okay?” Cyndi reasoned.

“Yes, what a grand idea. We will do a little talking.”

Finally he’s being civil.

“I will let you go now. You should already know I’m quicker than you.” Hero gave her a warning not to try anything funny. He threw her on the leather couch and returned to the fireplace.

Hero cleared his throat, “I will start. You… really give me a headache, you know that? Why must you be troublesome all the time? Give me a break.”

“Are you finished?”

Hero glared at her but it softened moments later in defeat. She’s the same as before.

Cyndi decided he was done whining and began, “First of all, you make it seem like you know me but unfortunately, I don’t know you. I’m not your sister, thank goodness. Quite frankly, I don’t think I want to be related to you.” Cyndi was really letting her anger out (in a lady-like way). Had she completely forgotten about the dead maid on the floor?

“Secondly, you claim to be master of this estate and the staff obeys you? What is going on?”

“It seems to me you genuinely don’t know. It makes me wonder if you’ve lost your bloody mind in these past few decades. I need to speak to the butler. Not a peep out of you, understood?”

Cyndi’s eyes widened. She was not used to being told what to do.

The door opened and in flooded the staff. Her butler, stewardess, maids, even her favorite gardeners were present.

“Jonathan. I need to speak with you. The rest, out.” Hero singled out the butler and shooed the rest out with his eyes.

“How did you know the butler’s name?”

Hero gave her the ‘what did I just say?’ glare. Cyndi returned the glare but she kept quiet.

“Welcome home, sir.”

“Thank you. Now, tell me about the Miss’ condition.”

“The butler before me kept notes about the death of Miss Cyndi. It seems you were present so you should know about that.”

“Yes but she’s supposed to be dead. Go on.”

“After your sleep, the household found her last message etched into the back of one of the maids. It was in her handwriting.”

“What did it say?”

“You will see a girl that looks like me. Bring her here, and make her me. “

Hero face-palmed himself.

“Even in death, you play with me…” Hero whispered. He looked at Cyndi, ready to kill.

“I should finish you off before another one of her games start.”

Cyndi scrambled off the couch and dashed for the door.

She was easily caught in the hands of an angry brother.



Sykotica Notes: I kind of made CONTENTID2 a background by type in the chapter number then SHIFT+ENTER MOONSTONE and astrisk. You can probably make designs using a lot of spacing and symbols like hearts, diamonds, etc. Create a sprinkle of symbols in the back. That's cool too.