Don't Go.

Sykotica Preview Layouts

VOLUME XIV: Don't Go. ~ Bitter Poetry ~ Milk

“What is Earth like?” the girl asked her two companions while their Nebula vessel drew closer to the planet in question. The girl peered out through the transparent membrane of the Nebula as the others processed her question and search their internal database for the most suitable reply.

“Earth is similar to any other habitable planets equivalent in dimension. There is life, there is civilization, there is technology.” They both answered harmoniously. 

The girl slid her long delicate nail across the synthetic material and her thoughts, like a catalog scanner, stopped at its creator, the man she was to find on earth. “How technologically advanced are these humans?”

“If Earth’s civilization was to be ranked, their technology would lie on the 90 percent mark.”

“That low? But Jan is from Earth, is he not? He created this vessel, he created you, he successfully sent mother and father to Jupiter’s most habitable satellite, he purposefully unleashed the virus that we now must come to cure.”

“Though Jan resides on Earth, he is not part of Earth’s lineage and therefore the technology at his disposal is alien.”

Their answer made the girl doubt her own lineage. “Is mother and father also... can you tell me about them? They never told me about the past... I mean, about their past, particularly.”

Her two companions looked at each other. Their expression stayed blank as was expected of them.

“It would be beneficial for everyone.” The girl continued. She held her breath praying that they did not question the benefits she referred to for there was undoubtedly very little if any. “Come, Tesa... Yui... make it like a story... to pass the time til we enter Earth’s outer atmosphere...”

Tesa and Yui detected no immediate danger so they began the storytelling of Celia, Cyrus, Jan, and the corrupted mind set of World Nation. They told her about her mother, Celia, a princess of World Nation. They told her about her father, Cyrus, a protector of World Nation. They told her about World Nation’s slow path to self-destruction. Celia and Cyrus watched as their Nation morphed into a foul place. They were not the only ones dissatisfied. Jan foresaw the potential of Earth. He knew how to rebuild it but first, he needed it in ruins. Only when he had the support of both Cyrus and Celia, the future, did he proceed with the plan. They were to make a fine play, a play that would end millions of lives (for the sake of a new beginning). Tesa and Yui took turns telling the story. They started at the beginning of Jan’s epic live action play and worked their way to the end.
 
Whistle. Shriek. Echo. They both looked up to see a star fall. It was quite far away but Cyrus was well trained. His instincts took over and he grabbed the princess by her waist and rushed her to the car.
 
He told her to stay put as he closed the door. She obeyed. The ground trembled violently beneath them. The star had made contact. She watched him as he walked on the quivering land. The earth was in pain and he was going to go see it. She kept her brown eyes on him long after he had disappeared into the horizon. She waited and was afraid. She was afraid he would never come back for her.

But he came back. He was running back with a dark cloud behind him. The princess opened the door and stepped out from safety. She could hear him screaming out her name and something else. It was muffled by the sound of the rumbling black fog. In a flash he came. Cyrus picked her up in his arms and pushed her into the car. He closed the door before she could turn around and help him in. The giant fog was already upon them. She tried to open the door but it was locked. She tried unlocking it but Cyrus had disabled it. The thick lethal air quickly filled his lungs but he smiled at her through the glass. He placed his hands on the side window and spoke to her.
 
"Everything is going to be fine… I love you Celia."

Tears filled her eyes as she tried desperately to open the door. She screamed, she cried, she smashed her fist against the glass but it was no use. Cyrus did his job. He kept her safe. Cyrus looked into her eyes. Her vision was blurry; she could not see the tears welding up in them. Her only thought was to get to him. As long as he was with her, she would be alright. With one last glance, he fell backwards allowing the car freedom to race off with the princess. It was on automatic. No one would be able to stop it. Not until it reached its destination.
 
Celia was horrified. Cyrus. Her Cyrus was out there by himself. She stumbled into the back seat and watched him disappear as the car lunged forward at full speed. Shaking, Celia huddled in the corner and cried her heart out. The flower Cyrus placed into her hair fell.

She will see him again… won't she?

The old battered Plasma DuoHD TV flickered on. Jan collected vintage antiquities. It was his joy. The plasma TV was one of his oldest prizes. He preferred it to the "hype" holographic interactive imaging system which was the "new" television. He always had one of those devices in his pocket but it was for emergencies only.

Jan loved refurbishing his antiques while watching the news.

The anchor man talked about the lowered rates of crime and how education was so unified by micro-chipped educators… then, he said something about the Ozone layer. Jan grabbed the remote quickly and turned up the volume.

"Today, the 20th of September, year 2125, Professor Lu III, the creator of Artificial Ozone (AO3), has confirmed that the natural Ozone layer will make its full recovery by next year in late October. We have reduced the use of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) by 35.5. According to…"
 
The anchorman was interrupted by red flashing letters: WORLDWIDE BREAKING NEWS.

Jan dropped his electro rods and turned to face the flashing screen.
 
"Citizens of the World Nation, please remain calm. If you are within 5,000 km radius of Starflower Valley located (55, 20, 14, 33) longitude/latitude, please stay in your homes and seal off all air flow coming from the outside. Special evacuation teams (SET) will assist you ASAP. If you are within 10,000 km radius, please go to the nearest hospital, check in and they will give you further instructions."

"What had happened, you might ask. There was a thermal object crashed not far from Starflower Valley. We would have had our warnings up twenty-four hours before it reached the Earth's outer atmosphere but, it seems that the unidentified object's properties have meddled with our Extraterrestrial Detection System (EDS). These are the aero images we have of the crater created by the object. It seems to be filled with an unknown liquid. The gases released in to the air may be dangerous. We have sent a team of specialist to the site."
 
Jan literally ran out of the apartment leaving the television on. It flickered and died. It was time for Jan to become the Mol.

Cyrus was half conscious. He could hear voices. It came to him from every direction.
 
"Sir. The protocol. I've inserted the rod and erased 99 of his memories with medium frequency."

"Mr. Mol manipulates many minds and here he says 99?! Where is that 1?! I want it all erased!"
 
Clear as glass. The white light held her prisoner but she could care less. There was nothing out there for her anyways. There was nothing she wanted beyond her glass dome except for... No, there was nothing anymore.

Her glass sanctuary was like a green house. The flowers that grew were delicate like herself. Blurs of red and violet. Mixtures of green and yellow. They danced and giggled silently, hoping that one day, their cheerfulness would bring the princess back into the world. The princess slept in the heart as they circled her with their liveliness. She refused to eat. She refused to drink. Flora, the clinical computer, had to inject supplements every four hours to keep her heart beating. No humans were allowed inside the dome because of the M virus. Hence, there was Flora. It was created to regulate the princess' health. It did its job.

Time could not change her. As the flowers around her lived and died, she stayed the same. She did not grow. She did not bloom. She did not wither away.

Sometimes a tear would fall from her wintry eyes. The reason for sadness was unknown to her. She forced herself not to remember. Her mind was closed. No one was allowed to enter.
 
The stillness around her form was like the stillness inside the eye of a storm. Peaceful she looked but no one dared question the havoc she had endured. They worked their fingers to the bones to find a way. In vain, they could not set her free from herself. If they could somehow erase that day from her memory they might see her smile again but there were consequences. She held the secrets of a century.
 
Erasing a fragment could damage everything they hope to unlock one day. The Princess of World Nation.

For Cyrus, he no longer remembered his past. He was now only concerned with the present. Everyone working the Underground streets knew who he was. They called him the Inferno Prince. He was not the most well known blood dealer in the system but he was certainly the most dangerous. No one got in his way. They'd stop breathing before they had a chance. People who worked for him knew him as Cursy. Why the name Cursy? (I'm just as confused as you are…) No one knew the reason except for Mr. Mol. He was the pure mathematical brain behind all of Cursy's blood transactions. A brilliant mind. Too bad he was untrustworthy.

"Listen to this, Cursy…" Mr. Mol the iHollogram computer and a three dimensional image of the princess appeared instantly to greet him.

"Isn't that neat, Cursy? I reprogrammed the foundation by hacking into the central SYS. The computer now looks like the princess and sounds like the princess. You now have your very own princess slave. No need to thank me…"
 
That voice…

The computer's voice gave him a headache. It was like something was trying to burst out from the corner of his mind. The something that was hidden. The 1. Heart-wrenching pain. What was this feeling?

"Turn that thing off and fix it Mol! I don't want you messing around with any of my possessions again! You hear me!" Cursy growled through his clenched teeth.

"Well sorry… I didn't know you had a grudge against the princess…" Was he trying to recall something?

"By the way, Mr. Boss has a job for you, Cursy. He needs you to take out someone for him and he says only you can do it."

What? Who could it possibly be?

Cursy walked down the murky alley. He was occasionally stopped by the dying locals, the hobos of Joe's alley.

They just wanted a death stick.

How fortunate they are. The Vamp Droids were on their nightly patrol, cleansing the streets of useless human vermin. Death Stick without the "stick." That was what they got. The hobos were killed one by one. No luck tonight. The VDs moved along without vamping much blood. The hobos were all M positive. Cursy didn't pay much attention to the scene. It was nothing new. These things happened every night. He walked on and turned the corner to face a wider alley dimly lit by moonlight. It was empty except for a rusty dumpster pushed up against what seemed like a dead end. It was just an old trick with lasers. To pass it, you would have to be very knowledgeable about the secret gateway or very drunk.

Through the façade sat two es. Cursy approached them both as they looked him up and down like hungry tigresses.

"Hello ladies… Had any girl fun?"

"Cursy, love. You know we don't think or do for our own pleasure. We're not human."

Not human. Of course, they were blood tester droids.

After sensuously taking blood sample from the visitor, they cross checked the DNA strains with the database stored in their two terabyte RAM. If the DNA was a match, the visitor was allowed to enter, if not… They died with a smile on their face.

The "girls" both came up to him one on each side. They sunk their "teeth" into his neck simultaneously with such precision and accuracy, they must have been designed by Mr. Mol. In fact, their names were Moltesa and Mollyui. He laughed as an image of the female obsessed Mol wandered aimlessly through his mind. Funny. Mol even tried to program his computer so it looked and sounded like…

It was that unbearable headache again. Moltesa and Mollyui watched him without battering an eyelash. They returned to their sitting position. What was wrong with him? He never had this problem before. Maybe he should stop by the clinical examination facility on his way home. He leaned on the brick wall for support until the spinning subsided. Cursy walked slowly down the dead silent alley until he was face to face with an old statue of an Angel. It came alive at his approach.

"Angel of Music: Hear me."

It looked at him and replied in a chorus of voices, "Angels Listening."

"Cursy is here."

"Sending Message… Complete. Mr. Boss is expecting you. He is waiting in DIM3177 logistics division."

"Please store your weapons." A tray gilded out from underneath the statue.

Cursy threw his watch and ring into the tray. "Done."

"Proceed forward." Cursy closed his eyes and fell forward into the statue.

"Cursy, it's good to see you, how is business?"

"Get to the point. Who is it? I'm not here to converse…"

"But you are here to entertain me. Tell me, is it around that time again?"

Cursy kept his eyes steady on the figure before him.

"Yes, I believe it is way past the time for your monthly blood transfusion. It's a pity you need rare blood. But, it's quite fortunate for me. To have you alive… I don't want you to die so suddenly…"

"Then give me the transfusion."

"Don’t be too hasty... you must finish this assignment first. Blood comes after."

"Fine with me. Give me a name and place."

"Here, why don't I give you this…" From within the folds of his black coat, he produced an old photograph no bigger than the palm of his hand.

The Princess of World Nation.

Cursy closed his eyes as still images tumbled, twirled, and turned in his mind like a whirlwind. Memories, none of which made any sense to him. The pictures of a girl in a meadow. He tried to remember who it was.

A sharp pain and the memories retreated like a river flowing backwards.

He stood up as if nothing had happened. Cursy grabbed the old photograph and tore it in half.

He turned and headed for the archway.

"I'll be back for the blood."

With a wave and not another glance back, "Consider the job done."

Cursy went to the glass dome the next day. Of course, there were guards everywhere. Every gateway was to be checked. Every door needed an access code. The guards were no match for Cursy. The codes came easy to him though he could not remember why. Once inside the outer dome, he was greeted by men in white suits. They stared at him as if he had come back from the dead. "How could it be?... You're suppose to be.."

Yui suddenly stopped. “What happened next?” she asked Tesa and Yui. The story was interesting and the fact that it was her parent’s story made it even more so.

“Little Cyndi, I’m afraid we must stop here.” Tesa grabbed the girl roughly while Yui opened a small compartment in the floor. 

“We had not predicted the new flux while entering Earth’s thermosphere. The artificial ozone layer must have tampered with the levels of-” The Nebula lurked forward knocking all three of them again the wall. Yui helped Tesa carry their princess to the hidden compartment.

“It is safer for you here. Please do no move excessively.”

“What about you two?”

“Don’t worry about us. We will be here once the Nebula lands. Don’t worry.”

Cyndi watched them as they closed the compartment. Then, it was complete darkness.



Sykotica Notes: Started this twenty million years ago. Don't tell me I got it wrong again because I don't want to hear it. I posted the preview. It's final. EDIT: Pushover. Marked. Enjoy.