Semi Minimal

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME VIII: Semi Minimal ~ New Sykotica - Raining Fish
One moment, she was yelling at those two clowns for causing such a scene (though no one else was around to see it except for her). The next thing she knew, she was being taken in by the very ground she stood on. It was all too sudden. Cyndi couldn't even perform the usual reaction to a situation like this which involved screaming her lungs out. But that was okay because the gravel and everything else falling with her made enough racket on its own. She fell fast. Her hair got into her eyes as it whipped against her face like a mad willow tree. Her dress tried to make an escape over her head.

Considering how "awesome" the day was going, she assumed that the fault lied with the two clowns. Nothing like this ever happens around here. Nothing like this... until they came along. What kind of crazy dragon stomps in one place like a chained foot soldier? And what kind of pet owner would allow such a thing? It was a long fall indeed for Cyndi to have time to complain about Hero and the dragon whom she met just yesterday. Halfway through her fall (or perhaps not even close to halfway, it was hard to tell when the tunnel seemed to go on forever), something slowed her down along with the other falling objects. It felt like time was slowing down... Cyndi looked down at her fingers and wiggled it. They wiggled normally.

A nice shiny bubble formed around her as she floated gently down. Whatever it was, she was grateful to it. This was way more pleasant than speeding to her death. Cyndi looked up and discovered that the opening was now just a speck of white like a star eons away. She turned back to observe her surrounding through the bubble and found a few familiar objects floating alongside her. The basket of bread and cheese went their separate ways. Her new companions will not have the pleasure of enjoying breakfast with her. They were way up there while she, along with the food, was way down here... where ever here was. The heavy brown sake full of seeds she was carrying earlier seemed to be enjoying itself. She could imagine it saying "Look at me! I'm not fat anymore. I'm as light as a feather." Was she going mad? Maybe it was all just a weird dream. Surely if she waited patiently for a while, she would find herself waking up back in the cave.

Wait a minute... but that can't be right. She definitely remembered waking up already... and early too! There was no mistaking that.

Cyndi had nothing else better to do than to stare out of the bubble as she and everything else went down, down, down. After a while, Cyndi found out a few things about the hole like how it likes raining. This was not like any other rain she had seen before. It was raining lizards of all colors... then birds of all kind... it didn't stop there. She was again very grateful to have the bubble around her. As it continued to rain...scaly, water critters this time (fishes), she spotted something white coming down from above. It was a tall man holding a large checkered umbrella. Once he fell to her level, he started to float slowly like the rest of the objects around the bubble. The man didn't seem to notice her as he fixed his hair and checked his white suit. One hand, he held the umbrella... the other, he held an odd black thing with a coil attached to it.

"Oh, good thing there is this something cloud to slow me down. I might not be early this time." He looked relieved... but that only lasted for a second or two. "Oh who am I kidding... I'll be too early... too early if I float this fast. It's so hard not being early... so, so hard!"

Cyndi was surprised to heard the man speak to himself over the noise (now that she thought about it, ever since everything starting floating instead of falling, it had been rather quiet). Cyndi didn't really understand what the man was talking about being early but she did catch the part where he spoke of the "something cloud." He knows this place, she decided. If she wanted to find a way out of here, she had to first find out where here was.

"Excuse me... can you tell me where we are? And how to leave here, if you please..."

The man obviously didn't notice her until she spoke. His handsome face wore an expression of shock mixed with horror. He simply looked away and started to mutter to himself... something about not having enough sleep because of being early all the time.

Well that was rude, she thought. Cyndi tried asking again and this time he turned to her angrily and spoke, "You're going to make me early if i keep talking to you." The white suit man then proceeded to widening his umbrella in an attempt to slow down the fall (which, in Cyndi's opinion, was already slow). It didn't work and he started to panic. She could tell he was trying to get as far away from her as possible. Trying to swim through the air with an umbrella in one hand and a black weird thing in the other. She couldn't help laughing when he failed.

Once she was able to control herself, Cyndi asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh dear... because of you, I'll be extra extra early!"

"What do you mean?"

Instead of replying to her, he quickly closed his umbrella, tucked it under his arm in one single motion. He zoomed down yelling, "I'm going to be superrrr earlyyyyyyyyyyy......" Cyndi looked down and watched the odd white suit man disappear into the darkness.

Meanwhile... Hero and the dragon had been kidnapped. They jumped into the same hole... but it was only a few seconds before they hit solid ground and were carried away.

Sykotica Notes: Probably better to clear all format for this but really, it's not up to me. O, this font is the noob calibri I was talking about earlier (the one that's my current default font). As you can see from all the other layouts, I don't like draggable images because they're just turn offs when you accidentally click/drag and it goes woop. For now, I still have the bunch of roses header/footer image in the rose stripes layout to deal with. Haven't figured out how to make that none draggable (and still centered correctly when resizing screen/window. It annoys me to the extreme.)